• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who does each person in the "Daybreak Trio" Represent?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxu

Awards
I understand Ephemera is basically the Sora of Chi

But then, who its the Riku of that trio?

And who is the Kairi of that trio?

Amusing you can call them a trio, as we have yet to see all three of them together.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think we are meant to directly compare them since their circumstances are so different.

Each of them embodies something from each of the trio, anyways.

Ephemera: Sora's ability to make friends with somebody he's only just met, Riku's curious nature and penchant for being in the wrong place, and Kairi's mysterious backstory
Skuld: Sora's desire to do what is right, Riku's confidence, Kairi's spunk
Player: Sora's desire to protect friends, Riku's desire to protect friends, Kairi's desire to protect friends...

Luxu

Awards
I don't think we are meant to compare them since their circumstances are so different.

Each of them embodies something from each of the trio, anyways.

Ephemera: Sora's ability to make friends with somebody he's only just met, Riku's curious nature and penchant for being in the wrong place, and Kairi's mysterious backstory
Skuld: Sora's desire to do what is right, Riku's confidence, Kairi's spunk
Player: Sora's desire to protect friends, Riku's desire to protect friends, Kairi's desire to protect friends...

Your right, but in every trio their is always a "Sora" "Riku" and "Kairi" maybe this one is different from the others? But could they really be considered a trio? I get they are close friends, but they never hang out all at once. And also with the Players possible demise, it would become a duo not a trio.

You also double posted

Nauvio

hmm... I always saw it as sora=player, Ephemera=Riku since player was looking for him the same way sora was looking for riku in the first game. Because of that, I thought Skuld would be the Kairi, that is until we met her. Both Ephemera and Skuld have that protagonist flair to them, with the player taking on a partner type of role.

One thing that I like about this game is that trio. It's unique. It doesn't follow the dramatic hate/love relationship the other trios do. There is sincerity and purity to their friendship. They don't have fall outs or try to kill each other like the others.

Luxu

Awards
hmm... I always saw it as sora=player, Ephemera=Riku since player was looking for him the same way sora was looking for riku in the first game. Because of that, I thought Skuld would be the Kairi, that is until we met her. Both Ephemera and Skuld have that protagonist flair to them, with the player taking on a partner type of role.

One thing that I like about this game is that trio. It's unique. It doesn't follow the dramatic hate/love relationship the other trios do. There is sincerity and purity to their friendship. They don't have fall outs or try to kill each other like the others.

Its just them trying to look for a single friend, now I think for Skuld and Ephemera they are going to go look for the Player, the game has to have a happy ending? But I feel as if Skuld seems more like Riku, like seriously play the game a little closer and you can notice some similarities

But if Skuld is the Riku of Chi
That would make the Player the Kairi of Chi, and that does not fit.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Since when was it decided that a) Skuld, Ephemera, and player were an official trio and b) they absolutely have to be direct parallels to the Destiny trio? Not even TAV imitate them to a t, and they were meant to resemble SRK a bit.

Luxu

Awards
Since when was it decided that a) Skuld, Ephemera, and player were an official trio and b) they absolutely have to be direct parallels to the Destiny trio? Not even TAV imitate them to a t, and they were meant to resemble SRK a bit.

That is why I stated "If they could be considered a trio"

And all trios we've seen have similarities to the Destiny Trio

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Shh. BlackOsprey, don't dash my dreams;) These three's relationships with each other (though they've never all three been together at the same time) is somehow so much better and believable than TVA's, imo, and certainly more than SRK's been since II. And even calling SRK good and well-balanced before Days and stuff is pushing it.

But we most certainly don't need a SRK comparison with Player, Ephemera, and Skuld at all.

Especially since I think it makes more sense that Player would be Kairi... Ephemera, Riku... and Skuld as Sora and we sure as heck know that wouldn't happen (totally kidding here with that comparison, btw).

But back to the topic at hand, I do love the friendship between Skuld, Ephemera, and Player and I was serious in thinking they're handled better than TVA and SRK are, so for that reason alone I'd be okay with them being a trio (and would even somewhat want it). But I know the chances of Player being anyone important or relevant at all is slim to none. And we'll probably just somehow die after UX and that will be the end of it all
:(

Luxu

Awards
But back to the topic at hand, I do love the friendship between Skuld, Ephemera, and Player and I was serious in thinking they're handled better than TVA and SRK are, so for that reason alone I'd be okay with them being a trio (and would even somewhat want it). But I know the chances of Player being anyone important or relevant at all is slim to none. And we'll probably just somehow die after UX and that will be the end of it all
:(

The Player doesn't need to be relevant, all we need is Skuld and Ephemera to be relevant.

You can actually connected the friendship between them, and feel sad for them if they don't reunite.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
The Player doesn't need to be relevant, all we need is Skuld and Ephemera to be relevant.

You can actually connected the friendship between them, and feel sad for them if they don't reunite.

That's kind of what I'm thinking is going to happen, actually.

And maybe if we get lucky, at the end of KHIII we can see Ephemera and Skuld waiting for someone to come out of one of the pods. We wouldn't see who it is or what they look like, of course, but we'd know who it was supposed to be (us)--and it would suffice in giving the three of them a happy ending and officially making them a trio, I guess.

Though tbh, that's just very much wishful thinking on my part.

Luxu

Awards
That's kind of what I'm thinking is going to happen, actually.

And maybe if we get lucky, at the end of KHIII we can see Ephemera and Skuld waiting for someone to come out of one of the pods. We wouldn't see who it is or what they look like, of course, but we'd know who it was supposed to be (us)--and it would suffice in giving the three of them a happy ending and officially making them a trio, I guess.

Though tbh, that's just very much wishful thinking on my part.

That would be a beautiful ending for the Daybreak Trio, but obviously they play a role in KHIII whether it be helping the Lights beat the Seekers of Darkness.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
I'm really curious about how Ephemera and Skuld are going to be included in KHIII, yeah. I really hope it's in a way that doesn't somehow diminish what they went through in Key (there's a small part of me that almost wishes that they'd just be some of the first to rebuild the world, and died naturally after that; but we know they're going to be put into stasis, or something, and be a part of III) and without making death feel even more pointless in this series than it already is, but we'll see.

Hopefully Ephemera and Skuld don't die at the end of X and are just put somewhere safe, ala Ven, so it'll feel less cheap when they come back.

Also, you were saying above that there's no way to compare Player to Kairi, but there is: the fact that they both never have any lines, really. Unfortunately. (Note that I'm totally joking here, but sadly it's true; at least where Kairi's concerned. Player is/was supposed to be silent, of course... Kairi? Not so much.)

Luxu

Awards
I'm really curious about how Ephemera and Skuld are going to be included in KHIII, yeah. I really hope it's in a way that doesn't somehow diminish what they went through in Key (there's a small part of me that almost wishes that they'd just be some of the first to rebuild the world, and died naturally after that; but we know they're going to be put into stasis, or something, and be a part of III) and without making death feel even more pointless in this series than it already is, but we'll see.

Hopefully Ephemera and Skuld don't die at the end of X and are just put somewhere safe, ala Ven, so it'll feel less cheap when they come back.

Also, you were saying above that there's no way to compare Player to Kairi, but there is: the fact that they both never have any lines, really. Unfortunately. (Note that I'm totally joking here, but sadly it's true; at least where Kairi's concerned. Player is/was supposed to be silent, of course... Kairi? Not so much.)

I think the Daybreak Duo (Or Trio) might be at the start of the game, acting sort of like a tutorial. Like playing as Ephemera in Unchained with Skuld being a teammate? And maybe Ephemera begins using Ava's Keyblade because of how close they are. And maybe those two make it to a certain point, and sit down waiting for a other person. And afterwards they might appear within Sora? Or have a completely different narrative on their own.

Though this is a huge stretch, but the Daybreak Duo is connected with Sora in some shape or form.

But aren't we avoiding the fact that the Player fought in a war? Watched many others die, and was forced to slay many people? Perhaps people from their own party? So I doubt they could maintain that innocent personality, and would be forced to mature while the Daybreak Duo would still be innocent and childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back