• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who does the voice work for this certain character in the English version?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I don't care if it's been talked about somewhere else, probably has, but

Kairi and Xion....

Each place I look seems to have different VA's listed for their cameos. Does anyone know for sure who does the voices for these characters in BBS?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Xion = Alyson Stoner
Young Kairi = Ariel Winter
Kairi = Hayden Panettiere

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Xion's voice actress is debatable, as the character is uncredited. Alyson Stoner said mooonths ago that she "should be" doing the cameo of Xion however, she followed this by saying Aqua would be voiced by Kairi so you can take that to mean whatever you like.

The fact that Kairi is voiced by Hayden Panettiere and that Xion's "Sora" line sounds like Hayden as well leads me to believe to the contrary, though.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Xion's voice actress is debatable, as the character is uncredited. Alyson Stoner said mooonths ago that she "should be" doing the cameo of Xion however, she followed this by saying Aqua would be voiced by Kairi so you can take that to mean whatever you like.

The fact that Kairi is voiced by Hayden Panettiere and that Xion's "Sora" line sounds like Hayden as well leads me to believe to the contrary, though.

No, that's not true. When she was asked if she was voicing Kairi, she said she should be for whatever reason. She confirmed that she was voicing Xion.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
But seeing as how, canonly, Xion and Kairi are supposed to have the same voice, I have a feeling Hayden did both. Even if Alyson may have recorded for Xion before hand, I think when they got Hayden back they would have had her redo Alyson's line for consistency.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
But seeing as how, canonly, Xion and Kairi are supposed to have the same voice, I have a feeling Hayden did both. Even if Alyson may have recorded for Xion before hand, I think when they got Hayden back they would have had her redo Alyson's line for consistency.

No, they would keep Alysons voice for consistency. She voiced her in one game, why drop her for another?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
No, that's not true. When she was asked if she was voicing Kairi, she said she should be for whatever reason. She confirmed that she was voicing Xion.
Dude, I was there, it was true-she said
"I should be."
When asked if she knew who would be voicing Aqua she said-
"Probably Kari."
And then when we asked what she meant she said
"I meant Kairi."

And consistency? Um, excuse me? The fact that Kairi was played by Alyson at all in two games moots that point. Xion is supposed to have Kairi's voice, period.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Well if you saw the secret ending, it should give you a clue if you listened carefully to who it is but I know for a fact that Hayden Panettiere did Kairi. No doubt about that. You could even if you listen carefully a billion of times differentiate Hayden's voice from Alyson's. Especially the last line in the secret ending, that is no way Alyson, as I recognize her voice alot and can tell apart from her and Hayden's voice.

As for Xion, I want to say it was Alyson for sure but it also sounded like Hayden too. But I'm not sure. :/

Young Kairi was Ariel Winter although at first I seriously thought it was Alyson Stoner at first because of the voice. But just at first.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
No, they would keep Alysons voice for consistency. She voiced her in one game, why drop her for another?
If they would "keep Alyson's voice for consistency" they wouldn't have gotten Hayden back in the first place.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I thought that Kairi was voiced by Hayden as well but I wasn't very sure as it almost seemed different from both Hayden's and Alyson's previous Kairi voices. I hope it was Hayden though, I'd feel so much better if it was. I always liked her voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back