• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who else thought Ventus was Roxas at first?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I was first introduced to BBS via the KH2 trailer and was the only numb-nuts who didn't realize that human popsicle was a Roxas loo alike. ( ・ั﹏・ั)

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I played 358/2 Days before almost every single other game, so you tell me.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Uhm...no?
I also played Days before BBS. I already had a black-haired Kairi who wasn't Kairi, so...err. I wasn't too surprised he wasn't Roxas.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
no because i was up to date on basically everything and knew roxas didn't wield his key that way.

Keyblade Meister

The first thing I saw with Ventus in it was the secret trailer so I was definitely scratching my head fooled that Roxas was somehow there but it only takes a little research about the game to find out otherwise.

Rosebudx

Awards
Oh, I definitely thought that Roxas was Ventus.

Of course, I was also completely convinced that BHK from the Deep Dive was Sora with a dye job, so.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Oh, I definitely thought that Roxas was Ventus.

Of course, I was also completely convinced that BHK from the Deep Dive was Sora with a dye job, so.

2003-2007 was a wild fucking time i tell ya

Ventus_

Awards
The Destiny Island opening scene does make the confusion somewhat easy.

I literally just started BBS for the first time and while at first, I thought it was Roxas when I saw him wield his keyblade and that the other characters also had them, that's when I knew this was something different. Roxas wields his keyblade somewhat like Sora. Ventus' style was very different.
The type of keyblade, the absence of the kingdom key also tipped me off.
It was back in the Ventus tutorial scene when I explored the start menu that I first saw the name Ventus.

I did however, notice a Sora mannerism in Ventus, in the cut scene after the sparring, the way he folds his hands behind his head.

I'll admit I still haven't figured out what type of storylines these are, my guess is past keyblade wielders, pre-Sora.
Is there any connection between Ventus and Roxas at all since they are identical or is that just a total coincidence?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The Destiny Island opening scene does make the confusion somewhat easy.

I literally just started BBS for the first time and while at first, I thought it was Roxas when I saw him wield his keyblade and that the other characters also had them, that's when I knew this was something different. Roxas wields his keyblade somewhat like Sora. Ventus' style was very different.
The type of keyblade, the absence of the kingdom key also tipped me off.
It was back in the Ventus tutorial scene when I explored the start menu that I first saw the name Ventus.

I did however, notice a Sora mannerism in Ventus, in the cut scene after the sparring, the way he folds his hands behind his head.

I'll admit I still haven't figured out what type of storylines these are, my guess is past keyblade wielders, pre-Sora.
Is there any connection between Ventus and Roxas at all since they are identical or is that just a total coincidence?

Yea, Ventus' constant backhand style is (so far) unique among the Keyblade Wielders.

BBS takes place ten years before the First Kingdom Hearts, the first parts of the prologue (on Destiny Islands) even 14 years before (Sora is 14 in KH 1, so that can already give a hint).

I won't spoil the rest of BBS for you but I'll say that the connection between Sora, Roxas and Ventus will eventually made clear over the course of the game if you can put together the puzzle pieces correctly.
Since you've already played the prologue though you've seen the scene on Ventus' broken awakening platform where a "brand-new" heart contacts Ventus and offers to stabilize his badly damaged heart, that scene is very important and should be kept in mind as it later helps understanding parts of the scenes after the finale.

Ventus_

Awards
Yea, Ventus' constant backhand style is (so far) unique among the Keyblade Wielders.

BBS takes place ten years before the First Kingdom Hearts, the first parts of the prologue (on Destiny Islands) even 14 years before (Sora is 14 in KH 1, so that can already give a hint).

I won't spoil the rest of BBS for you but I'll say that the connection between Sora, Roxas and Ventus will eventually made clear over the course of the game if you can put together the puzzle pieces correctly.
Since you've already played the prologue though you've seen the scene on Ventus' broken awakening platform where a "brand-new" heart contacts Ventus and offers to stabilize his badly damaged heart, that scene is very important and should be kept in mind as it later helps understanding parts of the scenes after the finale.

That scene has definitely stuck with me.
I decided to start with Aqua's storyline and am just starting her first world, 'Castle of Dreams'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back