• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who has actually aged? (TAV) + Where is Terra? (It may contain KH3D spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

des97

Awards
More than 10 years have passed since the events of KH BBS took place, meaning that non-Disney characters must've aged a little bit. Is this appliable to the whole trio? We do know that time flows way slower in the Realm of Darkness, therefore Aqua is merely a couple days older. We are also aware that Ventus has been sleeping for a long time in his chamber, meaning that he shouldn't have aged a single day (could someone explain this to me? Is it because his heart is in Sora's body? And by the way how would someone grow by simply breathing? I know that KH doesn't really follow real life rules, but well...). The last one we have is Terra and I believe he must be 12 years older than his past self, because his body was actually used by Xehanort first, and by Xemnas later (do Nobodies age?). This part got me thinking and I've questioned myself: "Where is Terra's body? And what about his heart?" What I suppose is that Terra is being controlled by Xehanort because Terra's will is at the Keyblade Graveyard at the moment. Another proof that confirms this theory is that Xehanort himself stated that Terra is a Nort at the end of KH3D. This leads to different conclusions: if Terra is going to be saved (very likely), Xehanort must find another vessel to summon the X-Blade (and the Organization is already missing the 13th, who was meant to be Sora). This would leave two spots open. I've got a feeling that an incredible coup de théâtre awaits us.
We do not have so much information, but I'd like to clear something up. I'd really appreciate it if you could solve my doubts and start a discussion!

Smithee

Awards
Terra's Heart and Body have been scattered to Hell and back via Darkness shenanigans, so he'll most likely just be his original age in KH3.

Kind of a spell-being-broken deal, much like in older fairy tales.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
More than 10 years have passed since the events of KH BBS took place, meaning that non-Disney characters must've aged a little bit. Is this appliable to the whole trio? We do know that time flows way slower in the Realm of Darkness, therefore Aqua is merely a couple days older. We are also aware that Ventus has been sleeping for a long time in his chamber, meaning that he shouldn't have aged a single day (could someone explain this to me? Is it because his heart is in Sora's body? And by the way how would someone grow by simply breathing? I know that KH doesn't really follow real life rules, but well...). The last one we have is Terra and I believe he must be 12 years older than his past self, because his body was actually used by Xehanort first, and by Xemnas later (do Nobodies age?). This part got me thinking and I've questioned myself: "Where is Terra's body? And what about his heart?" What I suppose is that Terra is being controlled by Xehanort because Terra's will is at the Keyblade Graveyard at the moment. Another proof that confirms this theory is that Xehanort himself stated that Terra is a Nort at the end of KH3D. This leads to different conclusions: if Terra is going to be saved (very likely), Xehanort must find another vessel to summon the X-Blade (and the Organization is already missing the 13th, who was meant to be Sora). This would leave two spots open. I've got a feeling that an incredible coup de théâtre awaits us.
We do not have so much information, but I'd like to clear something up. I'd really appreciate it if you could solve my doubts and start a discussion!

For Ventus:
Yes, it is because his body is without a heart that he doesn't age. Aging of the body comes from the body being actively used by a heart present inside it.

For Terra, Xemnas:
Normally, Nobodies do not age as they have no heart, but since they can grow one under the right circumstances, the body may start to age again if the new heart is developed far enough.
For Xemnas, Nomura once started somewhere in an interview around the time of KH II FM that he "looks about 30", but that does not necessarily have to mean that we'll get a 30year-old Terra when he is finally restored to his true form.

The issue of your own memories and those who know you having an influence on your appearance (which is why Roxas will continue to look as he does now regardless what happens with Ven's heart, as his current appearance is how he himself and everyone who knows him remembers him) is still a thing and since Aqua and Ven haven't really aged, it is entirely possible that Terra will be returned as young as he was at the end of BBS, the last time he was truly himself after all without an unwanted passenger.

As for where the different parts of Terra (and Eraqus) are, that's left a deliberate mystery by Nomura as stated in the DDD Ultimania.

Anagram

Banned
People minds well give up on a older Terra, Ventus or Aqua. Nomura is gonna have, and according to the above post already does, ways to keep everyone the ages they are now.

OZ mind

well senic master Xehanort took Terra's body and become terra-Xehanort then splite into xemnas and ansem , I think his body didn't age until his nobody and heartless where destroyed and he return in KH3D , but here where it get confusing becouse he return in master Xehanort origenal form ( some people think that he is still terra-Xehanort but in master Xehanort form ) so in the end I don't think and character got older , but I want to see how they will look in the new engine

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Ven's in a coma, so his body doesn't age due to the absence of his heart

Aqua's in the realm of darkness where time flows differently, so she still looks the same (as evidenced by the fact that she looks identical in the Blank Points video)

Terra is wherever, but if Ven and Aqua look the same, it stands to reason the Terra will look the same as well.

des97

Awards
I would actually be disappointed if Terra hasn't aged, unless Nomura finds an unobjectonable explaination.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I would actually be disappointed if Terra hasn't aged, unless Nomura finds an unobjectonable explaination.
Well, the time travel method might come into play with the characters aging, well maybe Terra.

I am wondering about Ventus, shouldn't his physical body be aging? Does he really need his heart to physically age?

Anagram

Banned
His body's in Castle Oblivion, which has too many space-time effects on it to count.
I'd say his bodies lack of it's heart also has quite the affect on the body.

I wouldn't count on much. I could easily see it just being brushed aside as him returning to normal after Xehanort is purged from his being. =__=

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I actually hope Terra didn't age. o0
It wouldn't feel right if they found reasons to not make Aqua and Ventus any older and then Terra is like in his thirties. Naah, please no. Furthermore, they didn't bother changing their looks in the slightest in BbS even though four years passed between Ventus' arrival and the actual story of the game.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
With Terra, it could go either way; the most I'd like to see him age would be just one year, that being the year he was Apprentice Xehanort. However, were he to age as much as a decade's worth, it'd be interesting to see how he'd take such a loss.

I am wondering about Ventus, shouldn't his physical body be aging? Does he really need his heart to physically age?
Yes, he should still need it. The way I see it, if a heart can exist forever without a body (or at least according to MX's immortality theory in his reports), then it's not too far fetched for a body to exist forever without a heart.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
It's not like they need to age them to make them look older in the first place,look at Sora.

Hopefully at the least they all get a small makeover after they're brought back.

Anagram

Banned
Even if Terra doesn't age wont a decade of his life be gone? The soul is the battery right? For a decade Terras body & soul acted as Xehanorts (apprentice) and Xemnas' physical self. That's some of the battery being drained right?

I'd kinda like to see Terra wined up Riku through Rikus time as Ansems host. Let Xehanort have the body, just give Terra a new one via however they're gonna dues ex machnia Roxas, Namine and Xion back into existence.

LeonesFangs

Website
leonesfangs.deviantart.com
Aqua is in the realm of darkness and as we all know and can see time flows slower there then the normal realm so one would think that she is the same age from BBS. Ven is in a Coma and has been in a chamber devoid of time and hidden in space he may have aged 10 years but when he wakes up hopefully he will be the same person. For the Most part Terra HAS aged and developed the most being in the Realm of Light for those 10 Years as Terra-Xehanort/Xemnas. It's show by his lack of a hair cut over the course of 10 years

Also a question were we ever given ages of Terra, Aqua and Ven in BBS? I always assumed they Terra and Aqua were both 17 and Ven would be like 15-16. Has this ever been elaborated?

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Aqua is in the realm of darkness and as we all know and can see time flows slower there then the normal realm so one would think that she is the same age from BBS. Ven is in a Coma and has been in a chamber devoid of time and hidden in space he may have aged 10 years but when he wakes up hopefully he will be the same person. For the Most part Terra HAS aged and developed the most being in the Realm of Light for those 10 Years as Terra-Xehanort/Xemnas. It's show by his lack of a hair cut over the course of 10 years

Also a question were we ever given ages of Terra, Aqua and Ven in BBS? I always assumed they Terra and Aqua were both 17 and Ven would be like 15-16. Has this ever been elaborated?

I don't remember the manual stating their ages, but I could be wrong.

Riku-KH

Sometimes Destiny Islands. other times Twilight to
We've seen that Aqua and Even have not aged. So, it wouldn't be right if Terra just did. It's also kinda weird to think about, when the three are back, they'll be around the same age as Sora and the others. But technically they're over 10 years older. ' I wonder if Aqua will still want to pat Sora and Riku's head?' Even though Riku will almost be the same age as her.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
We've seen that Aqua and Even have not aged. So, it wouldn't be right if Terra just did. It's also kinda weird to think about, when the three are back, they'll be around the same age as Sora and the others. But technically they're over 10 years older. ' I wonder if Aqua will still want to pat Sora and Riku's head?' Even though Riku will almost be the same age as her.

That's another good point. Though Ansem's apprentices aged after the events of BBS until they were all older, notice how they all look identical and haven't aged a day since their transformation into Nobodies when they return in DDD as people. Their transformation into Nobodies took place before KH1, and yet when they awaken as people years later in DDD, they look the same. It stands to reason that Terra will remain unaged as well.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

Not to mention the same height, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back