• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is stronger: Sora or Riku?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

who is stronger?

• Sora

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Riku

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • They are equally strong

Votes: 13 20.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
over the course of the seven games, sora and riku have proven to be powerful keyblade wielders. though for a while, I use to think that sora was stronger than riku. But after playing DDD, I'm starting to think that riku has surpassed sora due to the experiance he gained during the mom exam and is currently the strongest out of the duo. What do you guys think? Who is stronger, sora or riku? Or are they equal in power?

Monkey D. Rocky

Re: who is stronger: sora or riku?

Personally I feel that Riku is stronger, but FOR NOW! I feel that in KH3 Sora will become stronger than he ever has before after becoming a full fledged Keyblade Master. Right now, Riku has channeled his inner darkness, aced his MOM exam, and dived as far as anyone could go into dreams. As of now, Riku is a lot stronger than Sora. Sora has the potential to beat him, but I feel that Sora hasn't shown us his full potential.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

I feel that at this point in time Riku is stronger. As Yen Sid said Riku's the one who went above and beyond during the MoM exam and proved that he can over all handle himself better than Sora whose heart was left a little more weakened after his experience.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I agree with Ruran. I think sora was stronger at the start but by the end of kh2 they began to even out with riku finally passing him in DDD. Namely for the reasons Ruran mentioned, they both went in but one came out a bit weakened and the other more resolved.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I feel that at this point in time Riku is stronger. As Yen Sid said Riku's the one who went above and beyond during the MoM exam and proved that he can over all handle himself better than Sora whose heart was left a little more weakened after his experience.

I have to agree with Ruran. Riku is the one who is strong overall.

I could be wrong on this but I feel like Sora's strength relies on his kindness; and it influences the people around him to be amazing and they return the favor for him. Lea, Mickey, Ventus, Riku, a lot of characters had to save Sora from being consumed by darkness and being controlled by Xehanort.

LeFreak

I would say Riku for some of the same reasons others have brought up: he could no longer be a candidate for a Xehanort vessel because his heart had become impervious to darkness (if I understood that right), but, as others have mentioned, Sora chased the dreams and would have become a Xehanort vessel if not for his friends. It could very well be that they both end up equal in strength by the end of the series, but Sora has a lot of growing up to do, I would think; he often acts out of impulse without thinking things through, and I think that's where his weakness lies. You could also say Riku's struggle with the darkness in his own heart made him stronger and wiser, whereas Sora had no such struggle.

BEASTENDER

I think KH2 Sora is the strongest keyblade wielder in the series. DDD Sora pales in comparison to all wielders because he just has the basics (It's the dream eaters fault). No double or Triple Wield, and no elemental shifts like everyone else has. I'm sure KH2 Sora could take on anyone, but our current one is weaker than Riku. Let alone Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.

On a side note, Imagine a Dual or Triple Wield Sora with the elemental shifts that everyone else has. Then I believe he would once again be a formidable opponent.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Personally I feel that Riku is stronger, but FOR NOW! I feel that in KH3 Sora will become stronger than he ever has before after becoming a full fledged Keyblade Master. Right now, Riku has channeled his inner darkness, aced his MOM exam, and dived as far as anyone could go into dreams. As of now, Riku is a lot stronger than Sora. Sora has the potential to beat him, but I feel that Sora hasn't shown us his full potential.

my thoughts exactly. riku is most likely the strongest now, but sora will catch up to him in kh3

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

I still think Riku will always be one step ahead of Sora when it comes to power. Considering how strong and fast Riku was in KH1.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards

I still think Riku will always be one step ahead of Sora when it comes to power. Considering how strong and fast Riku was in KH1.
Sure, but Sora was still able to beat him. I haven't played DDD, but at the end of KH2 I felt they were both equally matched.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards

I think both are strong in their own ways. They have already proven that they are both strong Keyblade Masters, physically and spiritually (their hearts in other words), but I think Riku seems more stronger than Sora, mostly because he has gone through a lot of things between the first game to KH DDD (I feel he had the most character development, he matured immensely! ). He was afraid of his own darkness, and let that take over him because of his shame and jealousy. But then he breaks out that fear, understanding that he can't change who he is and he should not be afraid of that part of himself and should accept it and not to shy away from the light; he then taps into his true potential and becomes stronger.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I think both are strong in their own ways. They have already proven that they are both strong Keyblade Masters, physically and spiritually (their hearts in other words), but I think Riku seems more stronger than Sora, mostly because he has gone through a lot of things between the first game to KH DDD (I feel he had the most character development, he matured immensely! ). He was afraid of his own darkness, and let that take over him because of his shame and jealousy. But then he breaks out that fear, understanding that he can't change who he is and he should not be afraid of that part of himself and should accept it and not to shy away from the light; he then taps into his true potential and becomes stronger.

riku definitely has the best development out of all the characters so far. his trials and growth are what makes him such an interesting and engaging character

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards

riku definitely has the best development out of all the characters so far. his trials and growth are what makes him such an interesting and engaging character

YESH! :3

But truth to be told, I was a Hard-Core Sora fangirl when I was younger. I seriously can hear my younger self yelling at me for betraying her love for Sora. xD

I used to HATE Riku when I first played Kingdom Hearts, but after COM, I had more respect for him. Then after KH2, MOAR respect. And after KH DDD, I have even more respect for him and a bit more for Sora.

Riku: 3 Respect Points

Sora: 2 Respect Points

But I hope that during KH3, that changes and lets me respect both of them equally.

Light

faster than
Awards
I love the poll on this thread. It pretty much explains it.

Riku just seems a whole lot more serious and worthy 'blade Wielder. Sora had his hardships, sure, but Riku was used, thrown away, trapped, and continues to fight the Darkness. His Heart, the reason a Keyblade fell to Sora, tainted by Darkness, now is almost immune to its effects - so much so that Master Xehanort can no longer use him as a vessel.

BastLover

Riku has developed a lot through the series. That's why he will always TRULY be my favorite character. He's stronger than Sora, most likely because Riku is able to control his darkness (he's got the whole dark and light thing going). He had accepted who he was. Sora, on the other hand, usually falls to it, so he isn't as stable as Riku is with the darkness. Plus, during DDD Riku has become more mature and seemed to have tapped into the potential of who he was since he accepted the darkness. Although Sora may have the bigger heart, Riku has the more stable mind. And if they went on battle one on one: I'd say Riku still. I mean during KH2 they were pretty much same level (like everyone here in the forum). But Riku can tap into both his light and darkness without breaking down, like Sora.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Becasue of PLOT POWER sora will always be just a little bit stronger almost all the time. Expect for him to snag all last minuit powerups. But thoses dont come until the climax. So riku could be superior to him for most of anygame, and personally i think he always is.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
This has been a question I've wondered myself for a long time. Though I think Riku is stronger as a Keyblade wielder I think for KH3 and in the end Sora will prevail as the strongest. But you're right in DDD Riku does seem to have a edge over Sora.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think it's been back and forth throughout the series with Riku being in the lead at the end of DDD.

Sora is technically the strongest thanks to his heart, he's just naive is all. Riku isn't as strong as Sora but he's been throguh it all so he has a better head on his shoulders

Wave57

Awards
Riku, easy.

I actually think Riku could very well be stronger than Terra, Aqua or Ventus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back