• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is Vanitas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrinityxLimit

Re: Why Vanitas face is still covered!

Well, I sure for Vanitas the helmet is probably like one of the mirrors cops use on people so Vanitas can see out but no one can see in. Although then again Vanitas could always be blind like Riku, but that may be a bit... repetitive. Although I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened.

But the helmet could just be for decoration so no one can see his face.

Maybe he's shy, or really likes wearing his helmet.

Grey

But the helmet could just be for decoration so no one can see his face.

That's more than likely the case, considering Nomura's being really hush-hush about his identity, and saying it'll only be revealed at the end of the game.

Coeurl

Demon Dance

at the end of the game? then he must be someone we already know.

Grey

That, or he's somebody we'd recognize. E.g., somebody who looks like Ven, or some other character related to Ven that we know of (which, at the moment, it a large amount of people).

Grey

That, or he's somebody we'd recognize. E.g., somebody who looks like Ven, or some other character related to Ven that we know of (which, at the moment, it a large amount of people, as it involves anybody close to Roxas, Sora, or Ven).

EDIT: Blargh, double post. And I only hit the Post button once... ugh.

Tigerruss

Awards

Vanitas
"The word is Latin, meaning "emptiness" and loosely translated corresponds to the meaninglessness of earthly life and the transient nature of vanity."
Quote from wikipedia.
Maybe nothing is under the armor.
Maybe the person has a damaged face and keeps it under the helmet to hide it.
Maybe since Vanitas loosely is Emptiness, and having no heart is considered empty and no heart is an anagram for Xehanort(skipped the removing the x part).
Vanitas is the Xehanort we know.
Just random Ideas.
I just almost can't believe you guys didn't look up the meaning of Vanitas like you did with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.

Also Darkness can be described as lack of light. Or empty of light.
And since Vanitas can mean emptiness it could just be saying that he is dark.(or a nobody)

Last edited:

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com

I fully get it now, Tigerruss, about Vanitas' identity is the Xehanort we know, it makes sense but one problem, his height is the same as Ventus or a bit taller and it is isn't the same as the KH Xehanort.

Tigerruss

Awards

I fully get it now, Tigerruss, about Vanitas' identity is the Xehanort we know, it makes sense but one problem, his height is the same as Ventus or a bit taller and it is isn't the same as the KH Xehanort.

I know, the reasons on why he can't be Xehanort I was just stating reasons that his name could hint at it.
I was also saying that Xehanort part as an example of what could be done if you look at the meaning of the name given.

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com

Well, I had a speculation about Ventus and Vanitas.

They're like rivals, kinda Sora and Riku who are best friends but also rivals when comes to a challenge. If Ventus is connected to Sora, then Vanitas is connected to Riku since his fighting stance is the same but the way he summons his Keyblade is the same as KH Xehanort when he summons his Halberd in WOC Battle.

The way we see Ventus ready to fight Vanitas in TGS 09 trailer, it looks similar in KH, where Sora begin to fight DF Riku in Hollow Bastion.

Samhain

Bronze Member

Well, I had a speculation about Ventus and Vanitas.

They're like rivals, kinda Sora and Riku who are best friends but also rivals when comes to a challenge. If Ventus is connected to Sora, then Vanitas is connected to Riku since his fighting stance is the same but the way he summons his Keyblade is the same as KH Xehanort when he summons his Halberd in WOC Battle.

The way we see Ventus ready to fight Vanitas in TGS 09 trailer, it looks similar in KH, where Sora begin to fight DF Riku in Hollow Bastion.
-cough
unverse
Vanitas = unverse of Ven

crazzyBRY

ME is introducing MX as if TA hadn't met him before. Not to mention ME Told TA that MX had been away traveling.

on the tgs09 trailer??

Eraqus actually said something about Xehanort going to watch the master qualification exam..

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

on the tgs09 trailer??

Eraqus actually said something about Xehanort going to watch the master qualification exam..
Yeah he returned from his travels in order to supervise it.

αsiя

space coke

I dont remember anybody saying he traveled

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

I dont remember anybody saying he traveled

Ok Nomura said that MX was one of the Masters that left to study other worlds. ME says he has come a long way to supervise the MQE.

Alex123

i dont feel comfortable revealing that information

answers to all your questions

1. just because he has the dark suit doesnt mean he will look like riku; then having similair battle styles also doesnt justify him looking like riku;

2. looking like ven would create wayy too much confusion; already roxas looks like ven, so having vanitas look like ven would only add more confusion to the story

3. looking like sora? wayyyyy out of the question.
1)it's not just the suit, its their battle stance, keyblades, and connection to darkness, so i see this as probable
2)People are saying things like "van is ven's unversed" which i disagree with, but Vanitas does seem to have some special connection to Ven, since they even reenact the scene of sora running to riku from kh1
3)It is rumored that he has sora's VA, but other than that i do agree that Vanitas looking like sora is out of the question

αsiя

space coke

1)it's not just the suit, its their battle stance, keyblades, and connection to darkness, so i see this as probable
2)People are saying things like "van is ven's unversed" which i disagree with, but Vanitas does seem to have some special connection to Ven, since they even reenact the scene of sora running to riku from kh1
3)It is rumored that he has sora's VA, but other than that i do agree that Vanitas looking like sora is out of the question

Im pretty sure he has Sora's VA
Some Japanese people that know Sora's voice could tell it was him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back