• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is Vanitas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BladeofHearts18

NO.
HOLY SHIT EVERYBODY STOP SAYING THAT.

why? i am just saying that MX could have made vanitas look young by using ienzo's same abilities. well it isn't really an ability since lea and isa look young too. but how long is it until they turn into nobodies? 10 years or so?

Oblivionite

Hey I just got an idea:

You know how Xemnas had a Ansem Seeker of Darkness heartless? do you guys think that Vanitas is like the heartless of ven? like when ven becomes weaker..his dark side..Vanitas..becomes stronger?

EyeOfDiscovery

xion.jpg

I'll admit, I do see the similarities...but I am still not convinced.

what do you think?

EyeofDiscovery, I jacked your image.
Thats fine.. but I must say the eyes of Vanitas and Xion have no shape similarity.. come on people lets forget about Xion.. she was born way after BBS. It's either a dark side or some sort of clone of a BBS character or a completely new character.. wouldn't suprise me if its completely new with ties to other characters.. What about Zack? He has black hair :D

Eyes Eyes Eyes.. Yellow eyes. What does yellow eyes actually mean again? Is it that theyve travelled in darkness?

EDIT: This is gonna sound very sketchy and weird.. Everyone get HQ pictures of all the BBS characters and Xion.. Look at the eye shape. Compare to the pic I did above.. It needs to be square shaped(Ish) and very pointed corner bits of eyes.. We could get somewhere

EDIT EDIT: PERFECT MATCH!!??
vanitasface.jpg

BBS_Terra.jpg
After this I think i'm gonna stick with thinking it's a relation or dark side of Terra.. Riku sunk too far into darkness and a clone was made of him.. We only know its a dark clone.. But what if its not clone as it scientific? It could just be some sort of dark rip?
Correct me if im wrong.. I haven't played COM full through.. Maybe Vanitas is just a wandering dark clone?

Last edited:

Skykh

Hey I just got an idea:

You know how Xemnas had a Ansem Seeker of Darkness heartless? do you guys think that Vanitas is like the heartless of ven? like when ven becomes weaker..his dark side..Vanitas..becomes stronger?

The first heartless appear is 10 year after bbs and also Ven heart is pure light

zexyishsmexy

EDIT EDIT: PERFECT MATCH!!??

BBS_Terra.jpg
After this I think i'm gonna stick with thinking it's a relation or dark side of Terra.. Riku sunk too far into darkness and a clone was made of him.. We only know its a dark clone.. But what if its not clone as it scientific? It could just be some sort of dark rip?
Correct me if im wrong.. I haven't played COM full through.. Maybe Vanitas is just a wandering dark clone?
Terra's eyes are way too narrow, and the hair that falls over Vanitas's face is non-exsistant on terra.

Skykh

Ok this my theory:

Vanitas have the face of Sora.

Ven is connected with Sora. There name wind and sky. Ven looks exact same like Roxas, so there are connected. Sora and vanitas(same voice actor) there are connected. Vanitas means emptyness or nothingnes, So Roxas is a NOBODY, there are connected.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
What? I'm a little confused with your theory. Just because they have the same voice actor doesn't mean that they are connected.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Know what? I don't think it's Terra anymore or, at least a not a dark incarnation of him.

Vanitas' eye lashes hang a bit lower near the irises of his eyes. Also if you speed of the video just a incy bit, you can see that Vanitas have some bangs that hang down in front of the middle of his face.

This guy looks more like Sora. Same eye lash to eye ratio and the bang that hangs in front of Vanitas' face.

kh2end20gz.jpg

You want better definition look at the back of your KH2 case. But really try pausing the video at the right time to seen Vanitas' bangs.

What the hell is going on? Ventus looks like Sora's nobody, and Vanitas could potentially look like a grown Sora... What does it mean? Then again, this is just a theory so don't take it all the way to heart...

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Originally Posted by The Conquerer
Know what? I don't think it's Terra anymore or, at least a not a dark incarnation of him.

Vanitas' eye lashes hang a bit lower near the irises of his eyes. Also if you speed of the video just a incy bit, you can see that Vanitas have some bangs that hang down in front of the middle of his face.

This guy looks more like Sora. Same eye lash to eye ratio and the bang that hangs in front of Vanitas' face

Nomura said that Vanitas's true identity would shock us. Whenever I try to figure out who he is, I automatically think of Riku and Sora. This is just my opinion, but I believe that Vanitas is a character that we least expect, such as Xehanort the Aprentice, MX's clone, something like that.

Originally Posted by Vanitas.
So because he's inflicted with darkness, does that mean he's automatically Xehanort? Of course not.

I never said that he was Xehanort in my previous post. You said that in the history of KH, nobody has ever grown very tall in such a short amount of time. Riku is the only exception because he had Xehanort's heart in him. What if something like that happens to Vanitas. What if he gets MX's heart?

Originally Posted by Vanitas.
If that is true that's a good clue.

I'm pretty sure that it's true. Sol has seen it as well. A few pages back we were trying to come up with a list of potential KH characters that could be Vanitas.

Last edited:

zexyishsmexy

Or maybe a new unfamiliar character that would leave us another mystery of why he didn't appear in both the events KH and KH2.
If it is a totally new character....
mrgh...
well, I have two issues with that.
1. Why cover his face with a mask, a new face is equally mysterious as a mask.
2. Why would Nomura say that we would be shocked upon the revelation of his face? Would you be "shocked" by somone you don't even know? I wouldn't.

I'm just saying XD
It may turn out that you are right.

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
If it is a totally new character....
mrgh...
well, I have two issues with that.
1. Why cover his face with a mask, a new face is equally mysterious as a mask.
2. Why would Nomura say that we would be shocked upon the revelation of his face? Would you be "shocked" by somone you don't even know? I wouldn't.

I'm just saying XD
It may turn out that you are right.

Well then it's obviously a character previously introduced if we would be shocked.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Or maybe a new unfamiliar character that would leave us another mystery of why he didn't appear in both the events KH and KH2.

I'm pretty sure Nomura said in one of his interviews that Vanitas is a character that is or is related to a previous KH character. Sol and I were trying to come up with a list of potential KH characters that could be Vanitas a few pages back.

Well, now that I look back on this, a character related to a KH character could be a completely new one. Man, I hope that's not the case.

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
I'm pretty sure Nomura said in one of his interviews that Vanitas is a character that is or is related to a previous KH character. Sol and I were trying to come up with a list of potential KH characters that could be Vanitas a few pages back.

Well, now that I look back on this, a character related to a KH character could be a completely new one. Man, I hope that's not the case.

It shouldn't be new, because then how can we be shocked? It has to be someone we least expect it to be.

zexyishsmexy

kindomhearts.png

So I guess these are these are the most likely canidates?

Riku-hair angle is wrong, and also...I think he is expected, so we wouldn't be "shocked" his eyes are the right shape though. his eyebrows are too thin

roxas- His hair is too long and his eyes too round

sora- hair is too long, his eye brows are the right shape, but his eyes, like Roxas's are also too round.

Those are just my thoughts, but i thought it would be worth it to put these four side by side by side by side for comparision :D

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Well considering that Vanitas has Sora's voice actor (Japanese anyway for the meantime) that could be a bit of a clue (like everyone suggests)... I'm almost convinced now that Vanitas looks like a grown Sora like how Ven looks like the 15 year old nobody of Sora. Though I think Vanitas is squinting a little. I also think that the angle of the eyes makes it appear as thought Vanitas' eyes are thinner. The edges of the eyes closer to the nose bridge when focussed on exclusively would give off the impression that the eyes are thinner.

zexyishsmexy

Maaaaybe they'll pull an ATW again, and...just when you think you know who someone is... BAM!
They're someone else entirely and EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS A LIE.
That could happen right?
So maybe you're onto something?

EDIT:

why else would they release even a small amount of the face?
I mean....they have ot know how obsessive and...pretty friggin smart, the KH fanbase is.
If it was someone we know...we would know who it is before the release of the game.
None of the usual suspects match...at least not perfectly.

It is supposed to be one of the biggest shockers of the game.
It basically has to be someone new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back