• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHUX ► Who was the most interesting Union X character?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who was the most interesting Union X character?

• Total voters

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Now that Union X is ending I was wondering who did everyone think the most interesting character was in the game?

For me it was Lauriam as I really enjoyed seeing what his original self was like as well as his past and the events that would eventually cause him to become Marluxia. Honestly I didn’t really care about Marluxia‘s character before but Union X is what made me actually like the character and eventually become one of my favourites.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Lauriam. Out of all the characters that got the most development, it was him. He was purposefully introduced after Strelitzia's death leading 98% of the Fandom to believe that he murdered her only to find out that Strelitzia was his sister. That's was clearly intentional on Nomura's part because he was able to distinguish Lauriam from Marluxia in a way that just made sense. Ven's development was also interesting because it was the inverse of what we would expect from the optimistic character, but in retrospect, it made complete sense because we never really knew who he was before he ended up with Xehanort.

Brain was interesting until he was revealed to be a descendant of Eraqus which kind of eliminated a lot of his speciality in my eyes especially when you see how fairly identical their character designs are. Ephemer and Skuld were more or less the same characters since X so there's not really much I can comment about them except that Ephemer makes for a good leader.

LoneFox

Awards
I'm Voting for Brain because of how much of myself I see in him, but there are many other good choices as well: Lauriam, Ava, Master of Masters, Luxu... Also the cuteness of Ven and the relationship between Skuld and Ephemer. In general, I find UX characters on average quite a bit more interesting than modern timeline ones, although there are some exceptions in both ways, like Riku is interesting while Aced is not.

cakito123

Awards
I really like Ephemer, but I had to chosse Ava. She is the one character in the story that has a lot of mysteries surrounding her and her choices - even when she's dead (supposedly) the characters are still talking about her. Ava is the main protagonist in this story imho

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Brain is probably my #1 just due to how involved he is with the rest of the cast, and his many contributions to the overarching plot. He's got a refreshing personality and a great design as well. I still don't like his name but I've learned to tolerate it.

Lauriam I'd put as a close second. I hate that they gave him a sister and then killed her off to develop him and advance the plot, but damn if it didn't have great results. Seeing just how different of a person he is as Lauriam compared to Marluxia was brilliant.

The fact that these two were introduced as incredibly shady characters certainly contributed to the intrigue. They really got us both times with these red herrings lol. As an aside, I also like that KH has finally introduced blood relations in this series. We've already seen how one has played out; hopefully they'll expand enough on the other in the little time we have left.

To get back on topic, I'll put Ava and Luxu tied in third. I like that she out of all the Foretellers is the only one capable of "pulling the trigger;" really wish we could have seen more of that. And Luxu I just love the contrast with his douchebag older self. Dude has clearly been changed by all the shit he's seen and experienced in his many lifetimes but gosh was he an endearing little sweetheart.

Jochira

Awards
I'm very behind with Ux and DR, and i'm not gonna catch up till after the shutdown but... Brain was the most interesting one for me, I never could manage to get a read on him. I thought he was gonna be a traitor at 1st, but then we got lots of of proof that proved otherwhise.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Mog_KHX.png
Party_Member_2_KHX.png
Party_Member_1_KHX.png
Party_Member_4_KHX.png
Party_Member_3_KHX.png

I was way more invested in these guys than any of the plot important characters & they don't even have names.

They probably won't even appear in theater mode. :(

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Mog_KHX.png
Party_Member_2_KHX.png
Party_Member_1_KHX.png
Party_Member_4_KHX.png
Party_Member_3_KHX.png

I was way more invested in these guys than any of the plot important characters & they don't even have names.

They probably won't even appear in theater mode. :(
They have a few scenes in the theater. It only includes those fully animated scenes from main quests, and unfortunately the funky bunch was mostly involved in event quests using still narrations.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Darkness counts? I'm really loving how manipulative and mysterious it has been and every scene with it it's always entertaining.
Then it would Brain and MOM.

Back