• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

who will star in the next game has been down to 2 characters for a while

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
I really hope its a new character. Since he said that this person will have his own series, that means that it will probably be a new person.

cnorwood

I really hope its a new character. Since he said that this person will have his own series, that means that it will probably be a new person.

did he say the person would have their own series in kingdom hearts, because he could be talking about epic mickey

Eternal_Sleep

and plus its not what a few people on a message board want its what the japanese want too, i mean i doubt anyone here wanted coded to be on a phone that most of us dont have or cant get. lol

hahaha true dat.

although i don't think the interview confirms it per se. he said those are stories he wants to tell. this makes them likely candidates but not a definite answer. what it may come down to is how much important information is in hiding in those stories(for all we know it might be huge) if there isn't enough stuff then they could merely have flashbacks explain whats important similar to the final mix's of the first two games.

beisdes he would have announced two new games if both stoires NEEDED to be told. he would be the biggest dick i know if he makes one of those games and then a month later says hes going to make the other one lol. of course that doesn't mean he won't it anyways haha.

but that aside i think i'm leaning most towards the time between the end of birth by sleep and the beginning of kh game.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
mickey knows everything at the end of kh1 and 2 but those games might show some things to reconncect the whole series, but anyway if not a mickey game a riku game would be cool too, but it s gonna be one of the two stories, the interview confirms it, and no young xehanort game is coming out, namora said bbs is the farthest back kh goes

If the mystery game really does lead to an all new spin-off series, the fact that the Nomura said that the KH timeline is going back no further than BBS might be void. In other words, constraints of the KH series might =/= those of the new series.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Last time I checked, Epic Mickey was a single game. Not a series of games.

Actually I heard Epic Mickey will be a trilogy. But besides Epic Mickey and KH have no connection to eachother plot wise so Epic Mickey is not the series he is talking about.

Eternal_Sleep

Actually I heard Epic Mickey will be a trilogy. But besides Epic Mickey and KH have no connection to eachother plot wise so Epic Mickey is not the series he is talking about.

yeah, judging from what he said i took it to mean that the new title will be a kh game but it will have connections to the new series. he has said that kingdom hearts is sora's story and thats true. all of the games either star sora or link to sora directly. so this new series could take place in the universe of kingdom hearts but simply not be about sora in any way.

Last edited:

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
yes what he did is a mystery but the story in a whole is not all that mysterious. hear me out. i mean everything is not a mystery to him. he pretty much knows everything that's going on. he knows that Ansem SoD was a fraud, he went after the Kingdom Key D, he knows mostly everything and he feeds the info to Riku and Sora...playing a character that knows a lot takes out the discovery element. I mean in KH1 we had to found out who Ansem was, KH2 Xehanort was, Days what Xion was all about and Roxas' adventures, and BBS TVA fate, a mickey game? what is there to discover how he got the Kingdom Key D? What he saw in the Realm of Darkness? idk and i wouldn't feel too comfortable playing as mickey...it was a bit of a nightmare controlling him for me...he was way to small, but kickass. a party member sure, a side scenario why not? but a whole full fledged game is not something i'd want.

The same could be said about BBS before it was announced. And yet look how much depth Nomura added to the game.

So I wouldn't be so quick to rule out a Mickey game involving the ROD.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
mabey a game explaining how mickey never found aqua in the dark realm or how he was able to enter it and leave but she couldnt

cnorwood

well i know that but in the interview did namora say that the series was gonna be in kingdom hearts, becacue if he didnt he could be giving a hint to who it is through another series ala epic mickey

Eternal_Sleep

facepalm
well i know that but in the interview did namora say that the series was gonna be in kingdom hearts, becacue if he didnt he could be giving a hint to who it is through another series ala epic mickey

i suppose this could be true, but i have my doubts. epic mickey isn't a secret but whatever series he is talking about seems to be one. i'm still under the impression that the new game will be kingdom hearts game.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards

I doubt it. Just a coincidence at this point.

MeggieKeyblader

So, let's talk about this new story, which doesn't have Sora as the main character. What sort of story will it be?

TN: Well, I need to start with the story depicted in a Birth by Sleep. Aside from that, there's the story of how the King found his keyblade in the world of darkness and other things like that. Myself, one of the things I most want to do is to give Roxas more of a role to play. I think it would be interesting to flesh out more of the year he spent between his birth and disappearance. Or making Riku the main character, and writing about his desperate fight while Sora was asleep, and things like that. You get the impression that Riku summoned Roxas to a place of shadows, and that Riku is a master of shadows, so I would like to give him more exploration in the game.
Wait, did this just come out???????????????

EDIT: Oh wait, nevermind. xD From the way the question was written, it seemed like it was talking about the new mystery game, but then I read about the source of the interview. xD Mah bad.

Welll, the game already covered Riku's struggle when Sora was asleep, and he expanded more on Roxas's story, both in 358/2 Days. The Mickey thing might've been covered in Coded, I'm not sure. But there's still a lot of explaining to do about Mickey, so it's definitely possible that he can be the character.

Last edited:

cnorwood

Wait, did this just come out???????????????

EDIT: Oh wait, nevermind. xD From the way the question was written, it seemed like it was talking about the new mystery game, but then I read about the source of the interview. xD Mah bad.

Welll, the game already covered Riku's struggle when Sora was asleep, and he expanded more on Roxas's story, both in 358/2 Days. The Mickey thing might've been covered in Coded, I'm not sure. But there's still a lot of explaining to do about Mickey, so it's definitely possible that he can be the character.

nope not explained in coded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back