• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Whodunnit!?! [OOC & Sign-Up]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I was taking a little gander through some old threads I made and came across this one ...and suddenly thought to myself, "Good God, I write like a comatose llama."

After a few quiet minutes of sulking and eating chocolate bars, I realized that the fundamental concept behind it didn't seem that bad after all. On the contrary; I even began to consider reviving it to see if anyone would be interested in partaking, although admittedly I'd have to alter one or two things.

Skipping past the introductory monologue, the changes to the original formula are as listed:

• I'll be willing to accept less than six people this time around, and to make the RP more appealing to those with little spare time on their hands, only a minimum of one or two posts per week should be required from any of the RPers involved. People who wish to offer more are welcome to do so, although I'll recommend people who have been inactive for quite a while to be targeted by the killer.
  • Since I'm the one who'll be starting the thread, I can't really take a large part in it. After all, I'll know who the killer is. So, while I will retain my position as Mr. Black, I'll also portray any and all NPC's within or outside the mansion.
  • A template will be provided, but is unnecessary and - to tell the truth - would detract from the mystery that should surround the game. I understand that some people might still prefer to use a template, though, so I'll keep it in.
  • Rather than limit what character the RPer can use, you are all permitted to bring whoever you like into this mansion, whether it be an Omniverse-obliterating overlord or a meek, mild-mannered maid/manservant (horray for alliteration!). Of course, the former would have to have their powers severely limited - otherwise they could very well blow up the whole mansion and be done with it - but as far as the actual character goes (personality, history, etc), you can do as you please.
  • Something I didn't clarify last time; as far as your link to Mr. Black goes, you can say whatever you like. Whether it be you were old navy buddies, he saved you from a gambling debt or you thwarted/aided him in his gargantuan plan for conquering the Omniverse, you can very well do whatever you please. I'd just find it all the more fun in cultivating a personality and history for him, the more bizarre and incredible you make it.
Otherwise, everything will remain the same as previously stated. However, for those of you too lazy to click on the earlier link, I'll quote the important parts, cleaning up the spelling or grammar as required (or, in other words, altering the text to make myself seem less stupid):

I was visiting a friends forum recently; a video game-oriented website he has frequented for longer than I've ever been here. Although this website (which I don't feel like naming. It adds a touch of mystery to the proceedings, or something like that) does not have anything close to an RPing section, I found a fairly intriguing concept on it nonetheless. Something based off the card game Mafia about Werewolves that, although it had little to no RPing involved in it, nonetheless managed to fascinate me. I could describe the game, but I'm sure Wikipedia could do it better than me.

After witnessing this delightful little game, I thought to introduce a similar concept to this forum, only instead to construct it as an RP - which I believe would make things far more interesting - and to base it around the Cluedo mansion. It would be concerning my own grisly death at the hands of one of my fellow RPers, and it would be up to whoever signs up to uncover and catch the murderer, who would be - as you may already have assumed - one of those who signs up, before he or she kills the rest of you to cover it all up.

As far as I'm concerned, you can go about doing this any way you wish; threaten, seduce, investigate, beg... you can even run screaming out of the mansion right at the beginning of the game and choose never to return. All the while, the killer will be watching and waiting, thinking about which of you he'd like to kill next...

The game will end once the killer (or all of the killers... 'ooh', indeed) has been arrested/killed/banished/misc. punishment or if the murderer/murderess is the last man/woman standing. When it comes down to the last two characters, of course, things may become very interesting...

I'll keep the template consistent, too, as I can't find anything to be particularly wrong with it:

Name: (Yup, still obvious)
Title: (You divorced? Sucker)
Gender: (Male, female, in between, unknown, Republican, whatever)
Age: (Considering you might not be human this time around, you can be whatever age you like. That said, there's still a killer on the loose...)
Occupation: (These days I tend to be more suspicious of bakers than mercs. Still, though, you can never trust the butler)
Appearance: (As varied as your gender might be)
Personality: (Knife-wielding maniacs don't like Mary Sue's. Not that I would know or anything...)
Link to Mr. Black: (Still Mr. Black, still me, still the dead bloke, and you're still in my mansion! Why!?!)
Background: (Once again, I'll leave this to the RPers discretion. I would add a funny, but I can't think of one...)
Other Details: (...I still have that nagging feeling... sheesh...)

On a final note: I am aware of what I said in that other thread (I swear quite a lot in that thread, if that kind of stuff bothers you, but if you managed to figure out that I'd quoted Transmetropolitan for my title, you'd know there was going to be swearing. Kudos to you if you figured it out, by the way), about me not coming back and hating you all, but - to be frank about it - if you were to know be two years prior to now, you would know that I was all the things in that thread and worse (still am some of them, but... meh).

It was satirical and in particularly bad taste in nature, and wasn't intended to be taken seriously in all but one aspect; I hadn't planned to come back, and only did so because I felt that the thread itself could be considered pretty bloody sad if you didn't catch on that I was being a jackass for the sheer fun of it. So I decided to make a battle thread as a quiet form of farewell to a site I've spent the majority of my teenage years growing up on, as sad as that is. It only took one look at this old idea, though, to make me want to hang around until it finishes up.

Depending on how this RP pans out, though, I might just end up staying here for another while after all...

Anyway, with all that heart-to-heart nonsense out of the way, is anyone actually interested in joining?

Last edited:

Akans

「moriya」
Roflmao I had thought of making a Mafia-based Rp before, but I've never really thought it out to actually make it work. So I'll just leech off your idea > . >

Add me to interested list, as well as those-with-little time list.

Awards
*bump*

Sure, you're in. I also understand time constraints; I'm under more than a few myself.

Two more people, and I'll put it up right away. Obviously, if people still want to join at any stage after that, they would be more than welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back