• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why are people convinced LeaIsa is a thing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Idkanymore92

Awards
I don’t mean to start trouble I have no problem with people shipping but a lot of people are convinced they are thing and tbh I really don’t like it. I don’t see what they see j just see two best friends who are reconnecting. The use that display they had few months ago the eternal bond heart which also had eraqus and xehanort. I personally think skuld who is probably subject x would make a cute couple with Lea I mean I know people ship her with Isa but it wa written that Lea was more into saving her at the time and she is mentioned in his character file. I’m not trying to fight with anyone I used to be obsessed with akuroku back in the day but never acted like it was a canon thing. I guess I’m asking if you guys think this a true and your option of them and skuld?

okhi12

Awards
I don't ship them, and I won't ship any of them with subject X.
I don't want romantic relationships in KH.
I have to tolerate SoKai because it's canon, but it has been portrayed in an awful way.
Nomura has no idea how to represent ronantic love in a proper way.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I don't want any romantic relationships in KH to be canon. It would just make the KH fanbase toxic to the point of unhealthiness, and create limitations. I admit I do love shipping fanarts, and I have several crack pairings that I know will never happen, which is why I do it. But I don't ever want any serious romance in this series about friendship. Like okhi12 said, SoraXKairi I have to tolerate even though it killed the Destiny Trio.

As for Isa and Lea's ship, I don't take it seriously as lovers so it doesn't bother me. They are two old friends who had a falling out and have patched things up and friends again. Two guys can have a deep friendship/brotherhood and it doesn't have to translate too 'boyfriends' I have no issues with people shipping them, more power to you, I just personally don't is all.

Subject X, whoever she is she's not special. Friendzone her in a trio like everyone else. No romance with Lea or Isa. Let the guys brainwash her with sea-salt ice cream to join their clock tower cult.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't find them nearly as bad as the shippers that actually believe that there are pairings aside from Sora/Kairi that are canon and get triggered to the point of toxicity when anyone argues as to why they aren't.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Let people ship what they want to ship. It doesn’t hurt anybody. People see their strong bond as something that can be interpreted as romantic. It is nobody’s job to try and disprove or judge their ship.

It is also fine to not see the ship. Everybody has different ideas on what constitutes romance due to varying backgrounds.

Subject X hasn’t even had any onscreen interactions with Lea or Isa so how can we say she would be a good fit for either of them or not?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Subject X hasn’t even had any onscreen interactions with Lea or Isa so how can we say she would be a good fit for either of them or not?
Lol, now I kinda wanna ship them with Subject X for that fact alone, and we don't know what she looks like. Just have Lea and/or Isa standing next to a blurred out figure with a giant X over them.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
There’s shipping and then there’s canon, and as far as I know there hasn’t been anyone saying this ship is canon? Where are they...?

It kills me though that the fanbase has continually been in a froth over two guys being shipped together for nearly 20 years now. The ship may change, but the hollow outrage stays the same. The fact that you can see more between Lea and a girl who so far we don't know the look, sound, or personality of highlights the real problem, and the issue is your own not other people's.

I don't ship them, and I won't ship any of them with subject X.
I don't want romantic relationships in KH.
I have to tolerate SoKai because it's canon, but it has been portrayed in an awful way.
Nomura has no idea how to represent ronantic love in a proper way.
This is actually the main reason ships exist and why most ships that aren't canon have the most followers / supporters. If Nomura had been intentionally setting up, say, Sora and Riku or Lea and Isa, they wouldn't have nearly as much chemistry as they do. No, they'd have ended up being a void, like SoKai. Bad writing ends up contributing to shipping in all fandoms.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Eh, let them have their fun, they're not bothering anyone unlike certain other shippers.

Subject X just exists. Her relationship with Lea and Isa, regardless of how big an impact these characters claim it made on them, is fleeting and shallow. I don't really care about them as a trio and it just feels like picked a random UX character to shoehorn into their group in order to give these fan favorites continued relevance and justify their presence in future installments. I have nothing against Isa but I've long felt that Lea has overstayed his welcome so the whole situation with Subject X just bugs me lol

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Eh, let them have their fun, they're not bothering anyone unlike certain other shippers.

Subject X just exists. Her relationship with Lea and Isa, regardless of how big an impact these characters claim it made on them, is fleeting and shallow. I don't really care about them as a trio and it just feels like picked a random UX character to shoehorn into their group in order to give these fan favorites continued relevance and justify their presence in future installments. I have nothing against Isa but I've long felt that Lea has overstayed his welcome so the whole situation with Subject X just bugs me lol

Then people wonder what my problem with Xion is. There's a reason I call Subject X "Xion 2.0 But Worse".

We all know Subject X is Skuld anyway. So she's not bad per say in terms of character, but the whole concept of her having anything to do with Lea and Isa is random, forced, and unneeded. The only reason why it's worse is that with Xion, at least they attempted to cover up any plot holes and tracks by making sure no one "remembers" her so it wouldn't affect the sequel that came first. And why nobody knew of such a replica that was apparently BFFs with Roxas and Axel. The 14th member shit is contrived in itself.

But Axel and Saïx had their whole brains intact and not once did they ever allude a Subject X existed. Nomura just doesn't care and knows he can get away with it. If he wants to put random stuff in, he will. And people are just going to buy into it anyway because they can't let go of a mediocre series in terms of writing. I see no point of complaining if fans are still going to be feeding off it.

With that said, Isa seems to be a simp for Subject X for no reason except he and Lea need some plot purpose instead of retiring, so who knows.

Last edited:

Idkanymore92

Awards
Like I said people could ship who they want I’m talking about people on twitter who argue with people who just see them as friends and think they are canonically together that’s all. I agree I never seen a fandom as toxic as this and the shipping it’s really bad and makes it less fun. There is also the fact I dislike sokai I feel like soriku which I think is cute they really seem to bait soriku fans with that is it gonna happen or not then shove sokai in their face during dlc I have no interest In sokai it’s horribly written and canon or not I don’t like it and I have no interest in Kairi she boring people seem to fight with you for not liking her too. Don’t get me started on the namine and Riku stuff if that’s a thing it’s the most shallow thing in the world you think then and subject x is just a shoved thing if it ever happened Namiku is. It’s unacceptable to me. I agree they should’ve stayed with the decision to have no relationships cause all it does it cause fighting among fans

Then people wonder what my problem with Xion is. There's a reason I call Subject X "Xion 2.0 But Worse".

We all know Subject X is Skuld anyway. So she's not bad per say in terms of character, but the whole concept of her having anything to do with Lea and Isa is random, forced, and unneeded. The only reason why it's worse is that with Xion, at least they attempted to cover up any plot holes and tracks by making sure no one "remembers" her so it wouldn't affect the sequel that came first. And why nobody knew of such a replica that was apparently BFFs with Roxas and Axel. The 14th member shit is contrived in itself.

But Axel and Saïx had their whole brains intact and not once did they ever allude a Subject X existed. Nomura just doesn't care and knows he can get away with it. If he wants to put random stuff in, he will. And people are just going to buy into it anyway because they can't let go of a mediocre series in terms of writing. I see no point of complaining if fans are still going to be feeding off it.

With that said, Isa seems to be a simp for Subject X for no reason except he and Lea need some plot purpose instead of retiring, so who knows.
That’s why it would make sense if they forced or not would only make sense if they tried romantic otherwise her being tied to them doesn’t make sense and is unnecessary. A lot of decisions have been bad they have made a mess with a lot of characters

Idkanymore92

Awards

I feel that way about Namiku it’s forced and as shallow as it comes. I just hope the reason they tied skuld to Lea and Isa is a good one cause just using them as bait for skuld would be messed up. I just see anything other then them being romantically into her as weird like why tie them to her for nothing you know. I know we don’t know anything about her yet but I’m sure she’ll be more likable than namine and Kairi who I just don’t care about. I also wonder if skuld will age or not her staying 15 and being tied to them would be strange
Let people ship what they want to ship. It doesn’t hurt anybody. People see their strong bond as something that can be interpreted as romantic. It is nobody’s job to try and disprove or judge their ship.

It is also fine to not see the ship. Everybody has different ideas on what constitutes romance due to varying backgrounds.

I don’t mind if they ship them I was talkng about people who fight with you if you don’t think they are a thing and are convinced it’s canon. To me soriku have way more evidence of being a thing and the fact that they baited soriku fans just to throw sokai in our faces and try to make Namiku a thing I would find it wrong to make lea and Isa thing and not soriku plus I don’t see Lea and Isa as thing they’re ere best friend who are trying to fix their broken friendship. Regardless of skuld I still don’t see LeaIsa as a thing but shipping it’s harmless

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I feel that way about Namiku it’s forced and as shallow as it comes. I just hope the reason they tied skuld to Lea and Isa is a good one cause just using them as bait for skuld would be messed up. I just see anything other then them being romantically into her as weird like why tie them to her for nothing you know. I know we don’t know anything about her yet but I’m sure she’ll be more likable than namine and Kairi who I just don’t care about. I also wonder if skuld will age or not her staying 15 and being tied to them would be strange

I don’t mind if they ship them I was talkng about people who fight with you if you don’t think they are a thing and are convinced it’s canon. To me soriku have way more evidence of being a thing and the fact that they baited soriku fans just to throw sokai in our faces and try to make Namiku a thing I would find it wrong to make lea and Isa thing and not soriku plus I don’t see Lea and Isa as thing they’re ere best friend who are trying to fix their broken friendship. Regardless of skuld I still don’t see LeaIsa as a thing but shipping it’s harmless
Actually Nomura killed Namiku(or is is Rikunami?) in Ultimania. To the point were Namine looked less happy to see Riku in Re:MIND then in the vanilla game.

It's funny cause I think this is the only time Nomura actively destroyed a ship

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Actually Nomura killed Namiku(or is is Rikunami?) in Ultimania. To the point were Namine looked less happy to see Riku in Re:MIND then in the vanilla game.

It had flower petals in it, so it must be canon.

Nomura had to outright torpedo Riku/Naminè because there was a certain section (I'll let you guess which one that is) that didn't get his intended [failed] message that it was about Riku Replica and his closure. Do I think it was done well in the first place? No, because Riku is there and there can be an easy misunderstanding. The more awake section of the fandom suspected it was about Repliku either way because they have the sense to not follow the sheep and have no shipping goggles on.

The effort Nomura made though even in-game is hilarious. I have to admit. Like he didn't have to waste resources in changing their expressions but he did.

And believe it or not, there's a nasty bit of shippers on Twitter and Tumblr who deny this and delude themselves that RokuShi, RikuNami, and TerAqua are canon and yet at the same time they get irked when others say otherwise and present legitimate reasons why. Just like they got irked when it's heavily implied that Naminè resides in Twilight Town or that Roxas was shown to miss her because it breaks their delusional bubble. Technically if all those ships are canon, then there would be nothing to worry about, right?

And yet...the contradiction.

I'm telling you, it's marveling to witness. I can't imagine putting that much energy into a fictional ship.

At least it's not as bad as the FF7 fandom.

That’s why it would make sense if they forced or not would only make sense if they tried romantic otherwise her being tied to them doesn’t make sense and is unnecessary. A lot of decisions have been bad they have made a mess with a lot of characters

Eh. Kingdom Hearts focuses a lot on intense and physically affectionate-like friendships. Isa is still a simp though. I'm just not a fan of forced, random shit added to a narrative or a group of people that didn't have said person ever in their friendship.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
And believe it or not, there's a nasty bit of shippers on Twitter and Tumblr who deny this and delude themselves that RokuShi, RikuNami, and TerAqua are canon and yet at the same time they get irked when others say otherwise and present legitimate reasons why. Just like they got irked when it's heavily implied that Naminè resides in Twilight Town or that Roxas was shown to miss her because it breaks their delusional bubble. Technically if all those ships are canon, then there would be nothing to worry about, right?
I agree. But people getting defensive over their ships being in question isn't exclusive to those three. All ships do that. I've met extreme Sora/Riku shippers who legit only hate Kairi because she exists and gets in the way of their Sora and Riku. There are plenty of RokuNami fans that treat Xion the same way RokuShi fans treat Namine. Then there are some AkuRoku fans who hate everyone who interacts with Roxas or Axel lol. To me this is when shipping becomes unhealthy toxic. There is nothing wrong with shipping but when fans become filled with hate over it, it sucks the fun out of everything and just makes the fanbase hostile and unfriendly.

Not all fans are like that though. They are rare but there are RokuShi and RokuNami fans who not only tolerate one another but like the rival girl in question. Plenty of Sora and Riku shippers who also love Kairi and vice versa with Sokai enjoying Riku. Not all shippers engage in shipping wars, and if that was the case shipping wouldn't be seen as so toxic. But again these cases are quite rare lol.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I agree. But people getting defensive over their ships being in question isn't exclusive to those three. All ships do that. I've met extreme Sora/Riku shippers who legit only hate Kairi because she exists and gets in the way of their Sora and Riku. There are plenty of RokuNami fans that treat Xion the same way RokuShi fans treat Namine. Then there are some AkuRoku fans who hate everyone who interacts with Roxas or Axel lol. To me this is when shipping becomes unhealthy toxic. There is nothing wrong with shipping but when fans become filled with hate over it, it sucks the fun out of everything and just makes the fanbase hostile and unfriendly.

Not all fans are like that though. They are rare but there are RokuShi and RokuNami fans who not only tolerate one another but like the rival girl in question. Plenty of Sora and Riku shippers who also love Kairi and vice versa with Sokai enjoying Riku. Not all shippers engage in shipping wars, and if that was the case shipping wouldn't be seen as so toxic. But again these cases are quite rare lol.

You say RokuNami fans, but you need to show me where they are hiding because I certainly don't see them causing much trouble in the fandom sites I frequent. This means Gamefaqs, Reddit, Tumblr, and Twitter. You can count here too. If anything, I feel like they're biding their time below the surface, remaining inconspicuous until the eventual shit hits the fan when Roxas and Naminè inevitably physically interact again and the shipping fandom implodes while I laugh.

Anyway...yeah, let me know where you're seeing them.

I didn't even know AkuRoku fans still existed as a species. They were huge back then and loved to hate on Naminè because of the implication between her and Roxas but those are times of old. I barely see them once the reality set in that they were shipping a mid-twenty something year old adult with a 14-15 year old boy.

I feel the SoRiku vs. SoKai debacle is what hasn't changed in all these years.

Idkanymore92

Awards

There’s shipping and then there’s canon, and as far as I know there hasn’t been anyone saying this ship is canon? Where are they...?

It kills me though that the fanbase has continually been in a froth over two guys being shipped together for nearly 20 years now. The ship may change, but the hollow outrage stays the same. The fact that you can see more between Lea and a girl who so far we don't know the look, sound, or personality of highlights the real problem, and the issue is your own not other people's.

This is actually the main reason ships exist and why most ships that aren't canon have the most followers / supporters. If Nomura had been intentionally setting up, say, Sora and Riku or Lea and Isa, they wouldn't have nearly as much chemistry as they do. No, they'd have ended up being a void, like SoKai. Bad writing ends up contributing to shipping in all fandoms.
I meant that I think they lea and skuld visually would look cute together that’s all

Idkanymore92

Awards

I love axel and I’m glad he is still gonna be in the game. Tbh especially since sokai are a thing i would love a game where Sora isn’t in it or Kairi. A Riku or Axel game would be amazing

Back