• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why are people convinced LeaIsa is a thing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Yeah, but KH2 came before BbS and there was no reason to believe the majority of Axel-Roxas shippers thought Axel was that old when most of the shipping of those characters began. I wouldn't have thought he was that old either. And—honestly--given that KH in general is pretty much garbage in its constant re-writing of its own story facts and history, I’ll admit that I don’t at all believe Nomura intended Axel to be that old in KH2 either…. If he had to fudge the facts in BbS by aging Axel upwards, I’m sure it’s not something he thought very much about. So I don't blame the fandom for that.

“Predatory” and “grooming” are loaded words and wouldn’t describe Axel’s behavior towards Roxas *at all*. If we’re going to treat Roxas being a Nobody as if that makes him some kind of infant, then I guess we have to treat Axel like he's just a 10 year old boy…. *eyeroll* They are also words commonly thrown at gay relationships when they don’t apply, which is why it’s hard for me to see this as anything more than homophobia dressed up as virtue signaling by people who couldn't care less. The fact that that kind of rhetoric comes from fans of other Roxas ships just makes it more obvious. *shrug* No offense, but that’s how I see it—as someone not even shipping it. I’d rather Roxas was with Hayner or Namine, if I had to pick, and I prefer Lea with Isa.

Brainwashing was a part of Great Expectations, actually. Estella was taught to hate and be as cruel as possible to men growing up as Miss Havisham's revenge. Of course they were "questionable." Real people are "questionable"--life is "questionable." Nomura loves his tragedy. That's pretty much all the side games brought us were a slew of characters with wahwah stories intended to make us cry at the tragedy of it all.

Nomura stated that nobodies don't age. However, Zexion contradicts that. The fairest work-around I can grant nomura is: "nobodies stop aging at early adulthood"

So would "adulthood" be age 18-21 by US standards or age 20 by Japanese standards? We'll never know.

Anyway, the BBS took place 10 years before KH1, Lea looked around 15-16 in BBS, and the FF cast said Maleficent conquered RG 8 years before KH1. Terranort and the other apprentices most likely vacated RG by then. Thus, Terranort split into Ansem and Xemnas two years after AtW hired him, at most. Thus thus, Lea aged 2 years, at most, prior to becoming a nobody. Lastly, KH2-KH3 took place 1 year after KH1.

If my headcanon is correct, then Lea is currently... 15-16 + 2 + 8+1 nobody years = 18-21yrs/o.

If Nomura fucked up his own lore yet again, then Lea is currently..... 15-16 + 2 + 8+1 nobody years = 26-27yrs/o.

That leaves us with a huge-ass range of 18-27yrs/o. AkuRoku has the most leeway if my headcanon were true and abided by US standards...... but even then, ages 18-19 really push it.

And that's WITHOUT factoring in any possible alterations to mental age via losing all emotion, sympathy, and empathy at age 17-18.

No, there are no canon couples in KH. Not even Sokai is canon lol

Both of them, but neither Lea or Isa knew until the night of prom and they both showed up at her cag--door.

Skuld would ask them both out because as far as we know about her, she values her friends equally.

Polyamory is the answer to everything shipping

Idkanymore92

Awards
I also think LeaIsa is real cause of Saix chess piece has the moon inside a sun look at it and Axel doesn’t have chess piece what explanation for all of that

PStuder12321

Maybe, but I wouldn't want to lose Goofy's awesome guard moment. Riku should have done something though.

The whole first fight against terra nort in the keyblade graveyard was jsut horriblly done. they all stood there like diiots. it was embarresing to watch.

But it’s been almost 20 years and sokai sucks still when they together they mostly sit in silence not a good relationship and Riku being with Namine eww just no he has never shown interest in her and she used to be obsessed with Sora. Xion and Roxas is a good developed relationship but the best would be no pairings it solves all problems

I could drone on forever about why the theory that Riku and Kairi aren't close is daft, but I think the scene where they reunite in KH2 speaks for itself the most. When Kairi unveils Riku's hood, she looks and sounds extremely emotional. Almost as if she's holding back tears. They may have barely interacted in KH3 but that's less to do with them not being friends and more to do with KH3's writing being super duper not good.

Personally, if anyone was gonna share the paopu fruit, I always had the fantasy that Sora, Kairi & Riku would divide it between each other. Wouldn't that be wholesome and drive the message of the series further? It would certainly be less awkward than KH3's paopu scene, that's for certain.

But with all that said, Riku/Namine has been a god tier ship since CoM. So that was a nice bone to be thrown at least.

So here is the biggest issue I think is happening it seems like you guys are wanting an american relationship show.. while yes I agree more being done with relationships would be nice. There is a LOT being done with them already the problem is.. you guys are trying to think of it as americans... but Nomura and the rest of the team... are JAPANESE. in Japan they arent so blunt and in your face about it. More would be nice, but they are doing things with them. just not the way americans do it.

That said.. I dont think just not doing relationships is a good answer either. I think just meeting in the middle would be better, along with that moving to a more SRK direction to give them more of a chance.

May-Jor

Awards
I swear I never got the "Japanese romance is very different and subtle compared to the west" argument. Sure, they aren't that "straight to the point" and have their characters make out often like in the west, but romance in Japanese media is still very obvious. Kingdom Hearts is in that special, wishy-washy realm alongside all the other franchises that want to draw out possible relationships til the finale where all the characters are paired off w/ kids during a time-skip.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The whole first fight against terra nort in the keyblade graveyard was jsut horriblly done. they all stood there like diiots. it was embarresing to watch.
To make matters worse they replay this scene three different times. I condemn the masters in that scene but other then Donald and Goofy who were amazing, Sora and Lea/Axel deserve credit for at least trying to do something to stop Terranort. They failed but at least they tried.

To tie this to shipping I'm going to say Aqua did nothing because she found Terranort murdering everyone hot. If you don't believe me she only wants one thing with all her heart, Xehanort. She said it herself.

PStuder12321

I swear I never got the "Japanese romance is very different and subtle compared to the west" argument. Sure, they aren't that "straight to the point" and have their characters make out often like in the west, but romance in Japanese media is still very obvious. Kingdom Hearts is in that special, wishy-washy realm alongside all the other franchises that want to draw out possible relationships til the finale where all the characters are paired off w/ kids during a time-skip.

As I said, I do wish they would do more with it. I will not disagree there, Im just saying Nomuras does seem to be a little more on the japanese side with how he displays relationships though. Again though the seperation theme has made it kinda hard for them to really build up their relationship outside of quick cameos. So yeah in short, I want to see it built up more, the seperation theme REALLLY needs to stop its not good for the series, but bewarethe romance may be more on the japanese side.

To make matters worse they replay this scene three different times. I condemn the masters in that scene but other then Donald and Goofy who were amazing, Sora and Lea/Axel deserve credit for at least trying to do something to stop Terranort. They failed but at least they tried.

To tie this to shipping I'm going to say Aqua did nothing because she found Terranort murdering everyone hot. If you don't believe me she only wants one thing with all her heart, Xehanort. She said it herself.

lololol sweetyetsalty whaaaa xD You had me to you shipped Xehanort and Aqua. one ew. two hes her great granddad rofl. three. I dont think she has the murderings hot side xD

ok ok Jokes aside. Yeah that scene was just beyond badly awful. Please never again Nomura. It was embarressing to watch. Sora and lea didn't even really do anything. Sora embraced kairi which was cute and the romantic side was nice to see, however props only go to Goofy Donald and Riku for me.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
lololol sweetyetsalty whaaaa xD You had me to you shipped Xehanort and Aqua. one ew. two hes her great granddad rofl. three. I dont think she has the murderings hot side xD

ok ok Jokes aside. Yeah that scene was just beyond badly awful. Please never again Nomura. It was embarressing to watch. Sora and lea didn't even really do anything. Sora embraced kairi which was cute and the romantic side was nice to see, however props only go to Goofy Donald and Riku for me.
We as mere mortals are not allowed to judge what is in Aqua's heart. A decade in darkness leads to unnatural cravings. She got a taste of darkness before, now she wants more. Remember Xehanort is in her station of awakening stained glass. Aqua secretly wants to be norted. Poor Zack never stood a chance XD

As for the other stuff what do you give Riku props for? What did he do? Sora was the only one to actual take a swing at Terranort, but he's powerless in cutscene mode. Lea tried to guard Terranort the first time the latter tried to murder Kairi. I don't recall what Riku did.

May-Jor

Awards
As I said, I do wish they would do more with it. I will not disagree there, Im just saying Nomuras does seem to be a little more on the japanese side with how he displays relationships though. Again though the seperation theme has made it kinda hard for them to really build up their relationship outside of quick cameos. So yeah in short, I want to see it built up more, the seperation theme REALLLY needs to stop its not good for the series, but bewarethe romance may be more on the japanese side.

But what I was arguing is that Nomura's way of writing romance in KH specifically (FF is something different) isn't even uniquely a "Japanese" thing. There are western creators who do the same exact thing. It's an attention grabbing/baiting method, not a cultural thing.

Zul

Awards
Kingdom Hearts is in that special, wishy-washy realm alongside all the other franchises that want to draw out possible relationships til the finale where all the characters are paired off w/ kids during a time-skip.

The ole "Naruto Potter" ending.

Idkanymore92

Awards
Do you think they’ll do LeaIsa I mean why do they share a chess piece I hate being played with they need to pick who they want and stop this will they won’t they with relationships it’s wrong no other fandom has this stress at least that I’ve been in i mean they queerbaited soriku too much rhat Riku being thrown with a girl is just unbelievable and making LeaIsa a thing I just don’t know anymore this is the most stressful fandom of been in

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'd say Isa got more of one than Lea did really.... At least Isa helped revive Roxas and so on despite not really caring about them specifically. The only thing Lea ever did was try to bring his friend back to life (using Kairi as blackmail) and only out of self-interest. Although I guess he did help save Sora in 3D, now I think of it.

May-Jor

Awards
imo both their redemption arcs feel weak. Isa's moreso because all of his work and self-realization was all off-screened. And the chance they had to give us a glimpse at that was used to show us 80% of the same cutscenes we've already seen.

Idkanymore92

Awards
Do you think during the connection of the hearts display they had after remind the display had a heart of LeaIsa and xeraqus which was called eternal bond doesn’t that mean they are a couple tough why use that name

PStuder12321

We as mere mortals are not allowed to judge what is in Aqua's heart. A decade in darkness leads to unnatural cravings. She got a taste of darkness before, now she wants more. Remember Xehanort is in her station of awakening stained glass. Aqua secretly wants to be norted. Poor Zack never stood a chance XD

As for the other stuff what do you give Riku props for? What did he do? Sora was the only one to actual take a swing at Terranort, but he's powerless in cutscene mode. Lea tried to guard Terranort the first time the latter tried to murder Kairi. I don't recall what Riku did.

Oh see I wasnt counting Sora charging Xehanort when he had kairi. so props to sora on that account.
As for riku, when Terranort first attacked and everyone was defeated, Sora aqua and Riku remained. Aqua stood there and got pawned by her own fear. Sora... wimped out tbh.Riku was the only one who stood there and raised his sword and tried to fight, even if he got wrecked instantly, he still tried while no one else even bothered to swing.

But what I was arguing is that Nomura's way of writing romance in KH specifically (FF is something different) isn't even uniquely a "Japanese" thing. There are western creators who do the same exact thing. It's an attention grabbing/baiting method, not a cultural thing.

And you'll hear no arguement from me that I would Like Nomura to do a lot better on the subject of romance in KH. So far it has been pretty poorly done, 100% agree there. But as in FF, we know Nomura isnt braindead and can do it... so Just not doing it I dont think is a good answer either. I think moving the series to a SRK team base rather then SGD, would improve a lot for the game specially in building the friendship between riku and Kairi and the relationship between sora and Kairi.
Do you think they’ll do LeaIsa I mean why do they share a chess piece I hate being played with they need to pick who they want and stop this will they won’t they with relationships it’s wrong no other fandom has this stress at least that I’ve been in i mean they queerbaited soriku too much rhat Riku being thrown with a girl is just unbelievable and making LeaIsa a thing I just don’t know anymore this is the most stressful fandom of been in

No. I dont think LeaIsa is a thing, I think people are thinking way to hard on it. Lea and Isa have been a team since they were kids. not romantically. but like Brothers. thats like saying, are you going to date your brother? Probably not. if you did... it'd be a bit concerning... actually a lot concerning... Lea and Isa are a team. they count as one. the sun and the moon. they used to have the sun the moon and the star, if you pay attention they were a three man team like SRK. However, they lost the star sadly.

Do you think during the connection of the hearts display they had after remind the display had a heart of LeaIsa and xeraqus which was called eternal bond doesn’t that mean they are a couple tough why use that name

Again one thing i wanna stress before people get to excited for romantic relations, Lea Isa were a team all the way back to them being kids. The sun the moon the star. a three man team. just like SRK. So no, when it refers to LeaIsa I fully believe they are just going for the bond of brothers. As for Xeraquas. Xehanort was Aqua's teacher, and she looked up to him, up until the moment he went crazy bad guy mode on her. It was the same for Terra looked up to Eraqus. Terra and Eraqus arent gonna fall into a deep romantic relationship just like you wouldnt date your brother. So in short, no I dont think either have anything to do with romance.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Again one thing i wanna stress before people get to excited for romantic relations, Lea Isa were a team all the way back to them being kids. The sun the moon the star. a three man team. just like SRK.
And yet SoKai is canon. Isn't it concerning that a boy and girl who are like brother and sister are dating according to this flawed logic? lol

Anyway, the sun and moon are often used as a romantic metaphor. They can be used in different ways, ofc (Light v. Dark, for example), but it's not exactly a reach for a fan to take that romantically. But I understand that if whenever you see two male characters you instantly think "Brothers or Father & Son," and yet a male and female character can always equal "Romance," it's not something you're going to be able to grasp. The chances of it actually becoming canon is another discussion entirely--mainstream media usually = gay people are nonexistent--but you're being blinded by biological sex, not story.

Last edited:

Eonstar890

Awards
The only ship I actually have ever cared for / would be happy to see play out is one I don’t think I have ever seen shared anywhere and that’s Lea and Aqua.

I was really happy with their interaction in the Remind fight because it was their first real convo. Aqua has a motherly relationship towards Ventus (and imo a lil but towards Terra too) and I feel the same way about Lea being fatherly for Roxas and Xion). In days he literally raised them from mindless beings to be actual people. And yet while they share this common role in their respective trios, they’re personalities are so different. Lea is very witty and has quite the dark side (even being introduced as the assassin) while Aqua is represented as the stalwart hero who strives to always do good. I like the dynamic of opposites attract for them (which can also be extended to their elemental symbolism of fire and water).

Having said that, I would not be upset if Lea and Isa were a thing. Kingdom Hearts has never thrived at portraying romance and yes the series focuses on friendship, but that’s no reason for it to never do so. I think it’s very possible for the series to have a actual canon relationship without destroying itself. If it happens to be Lea and Isa I’d still be happy with it.

But with how KH3 went, Ill be surprised to see any dynamic relationships moving forward.. at least for now. The series is much more interested in introducing more and more new characters than it is in furthering the development of its current cast so at the end of the day I don’t think anyone should give two Norts about who ppl ship in this fandom.

PStuder12321

And yet SoKai is canon. Isn't it concerning that a boy and girl who are like brother and sister are dating according to this flawed logic? lol
The chances of it actually becoming canon is another discussion entirely--mainstream media usually = gay people are nonexistent--but you're being blinded by biological sex, not story.

Mmm thats pretty judgemental of yourself isnt it?

Not gonna initiate to much into this as you seem to just be wanting a fight over politics. Which I personally dont want being dragged into KH.
As for Sokai, No. They have hinted towards Sorabeing interested in Kairi since long before KH1. The opening scene is them on the island with Kairi teasing Sora and Sora trying to outdo Riku to impress her. The romance had clearly started before everything in KH. Hence why Sokai isnt a Brother sister kinda thing.

As for me "being blinded by biological sex". Your automatically assuming Im not gay myself? Hmm. interesting. I never said at all I'm against gay relationships. Just not that I feel because two people are close they must be gay. Ive said many times in the forms I would like to see relationships blossom in KH. But just as Im not rooting for Riku Kairi, Roxas Namine or Aqua Terra,Im just not interested in those ships and dont really see it happening, much like Lea Isa. I feel thats like saying SoraRiku. Like seems a little wrong to me. Not cause its gay. but cause I see it as a bond of brothers type thing. Being an Army Vet with a GAY BATTLE BUDDY. We while very close and good friends. were never romantic in any kind of way, but did still very much so have a bond of brotherhood. As I feel Nomura is going for this same kind of concept. Now had you maybe said, Axel and Riku. now that might be a ship I can get behind, would besuper funny thats for sure.

Alas while I could continue shutting down your poltiical can of worms that wasvery self centered biased and just plain out right rude AF. As I said before. I have no intention of bringing that kind of political hatred into anything to do with Kingdom hearts. (and I dont mean gays or color. I mean fighting.) As such. I will not be responding to you anymore.

PStuder12321

The only ship I actually have ever cared for / would be happy to see play out is one I don’t think I have ever seen shared anywhere and that’s Lea and Aqua.

I was really happy with their interaction in the Remind fight because it was their first real convo. Aqua has a motherly relationship towards Ventus (and imo a lil but towards Terra too) and I feel the same way about Lea being fatherly for Roxas and Xion). In days he literally raised them from mindless beings to be actual people. And yet while they share this common role in their respective trios, they’re personalities are so different. Lea is very witty and has quite the dark side (even being introduced as the assassin) while Aqua is represented as the stalwart hero who strives to always do good. I like the dynamic of opposites attract for them (which can also be extended to their elemental symbolism of fire and water).

Having said that, I would not be upset if Lea and Isa were a thing. Kingdom Hearts has never thrived at portraying romance and yes the series focuses on friendship, but that’s no reason for it to never do so. I think it’s very possible for the series to have a actual canon relationship without destroying itself. If it happens to be Lea and Isa I’d still be happy with it.

But with how KH3 went, Ill be surprised to see any dynamic relationships moving forward.. at least for now. The series is much more interested in introducing more and more new characters than it is in furthering the development of its current cast so at the end of the day I don’t think anyone should give two Norts about who ppl ship in this fandom.

Aqua and Lea would be SUPER cute though. lol

Back