• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why are people convinced LeaIsa is a thing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Mmm thats pretty judgemental of yourself isnt it?

Not gonna initiate to much into this as you seem to just be wanting a fight over politics. Which I personally dont want being dragged into KH.
I'm not sure how you got politics out of anything I said... Like...at all??? lol Unless simply the discussion of a male-male relationship is political to you??

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The only ship I actually have ever cared for / would be happy to see play out is one I don’t think I have ever seen shared anywhere and that’s Lea and Aqua.

I was really happy with their interaction in the Remind fight because it was their first real convo. Aqua has a motherly relationship towards Ventus (and imo a lil but towards Terra too) and I feel the same way about Lea being fatherly for Roxas and Xion). In days he literally raised them from mindless beings to be actual people. And yet while they share this common role in their respective trios, they’re personalities are so different. Lea is very witty and has quite the dark side (even being introduced as the assassin) while Aqua is represented as the stalwart hero who strives to always do good. I like the dynamic of opposites attract for them (which can also be extended to their elemental symbolism of fire and water).
I never knew I wanted this until right now.

Hedginka

Awards
I can't bring myself to ship Axel/Lea with anyone, purely because of the hair. The hair's cool, but imagine you're making out with him and you try running your hand through his hair. You'll come out with a valley of paper cuts. Sorry, Axel. Love ya, your hair would cause relationship issues.

Lea/Aqua has always been a rare pair with fun potential though. But I give the thumbs up to all rare pairs.

Eonstar890

Awards
It must become a thing. Aqua can scold Lea for feeding his children nothing but ice cream for a year, and bringing them to one of the most unsafe locations in Twilight Town.

YES! See this is exactly why I love them together. Literally when Lea tries to compliment Aqua mid fight and she’s like “shut up idiot! We are FIGHTING!” I felt so validated in my ship

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
???

LeaIsa week??

Am I ... missing something ..?

7/8 is LeaIsa day (their Org numbers), so usually fans of the pairing will spend the week making fanworks or have discussions about the pairing.

Many ships have weeks dedicated to them. I know most of the major KH ones do like SoKai, SoRiku, AkuRoku (eeeeh), RokuShi, etc.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
7/8 is LeaIsa day (their Org numbers), so usually fans of the pairing will spend the week making fanworks or have discussions about the pairing.

Many ships have weeks dedicated to them. I know most of the major KH ones do like SoKai, SoRiku, AkuRoku (eeeeh), RokuShi, etc.

Is there a (nice) KH fanfic Discord server?

Idkanymore92

Awards
I just don’t see Lea as gay and I really don’t like him being with Isa he deserves better. People are convinced he’s gay but yet don’t think Riku he seems way more gay is. No offense but people think just cause him and Isa were two guy best friends same age with no girl in their trio then automatically they are gay. I’m not homophobic I love xehaqus probably not canon but they are cute I love soriku. LeaIsa really bothers me I just don’t like it.I mean Isa said he was jealous lea made new friends automatically is gay but Riku said same thing but you know Kairi existed just bro’s. I just hate it tbh. A lot of hypocrites when comparing the two ships I just hope they never make it canon. Before the age thing when akuroku was popular in 2006 people went out the way to say axel is not gay but now with Isa people are convinced they are or were a couple. Think about it. I almost feel afraid to speak about my dislike of Lea and Isa but there’s got to be others who agree with me.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
tumblr_inline_p7fxpl483Z1qz7j5g_250.gifv

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
*looks at thread title*

*flips through 6 pages of discussion on LeaIsa as a concept as well as the added discussion of shipping in general*

*sees lots of LeaIsa-related discussion*

okay_i_believe_you__by_chaser1992_dd2r05q-fullview.jpg

Majority of the thread is this, hence, why it isn't really about LeaIsa. They may have the title, but aside from bringing it back every lunch break, it's a general shipping thread, lol.

Idkanymore92

Awards
It’s supposed to be about them I made it to see if they really are an intentional thing since many shippers of theirs are convinced. My opinion is I don’t think they are and I’m not a fan. I didnt really want it to be a shipping thread I wanted it about them.

I hope maybe they’ll make Skuld a good character like Xion wasn’t that bad at the time I thought she was but she grew to be my fav girl.We have no clue if Skuld really was just thrown recently into their story or if it was planned. This wouldn’t be first time things were thrown together that didn’t make sense. I don’t get still why people says it’s factually a thing that Lea or Isa are gay and automatically say neither of them really care about Skuld when we know nothing. You want to ship them whatever but to say it’s a fact and on twitter attack people who might thing differently is really annoying. Also I forgot to mention when kh2 came out we had no clue Axel and Saix were childhood friends I know I didn’t I didn’t see any connection. All these pages and no one gave an actual answer do people think they are a canon thing. If they do it obviously Im not able to do anything about it but it definitely would make the game worse for me when If they were going to do a gay couple they wouldn’t be my choice nor make sense narrative wise. You people want to attack me whatever idc at this point this is the only fandom where I’ve had l deal with drama and uncertainty with what the characters are who they are supposed to be with.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
It’s supposed to be about them I made it to see if they really are an intentional thing since many shippers of theirs are convinced. My opinion is I don’t think they are and I’m not a fan. I didnt really want it to be a shipping thread I wanted it about them.

I hope maybe they’ll make Skuld a good character like Xion wasn’t that bad at the time I thought she was but she grew to be my fav girl.We have no clue if Skuld really was just thrown recently into their story or if it was planned. This wouldn’t be first time things were thrown together that didn’t make sense. I don’t get still why people says it’s factually a thing that Lea or Isa are gay and automatically say neither of them really care about Skuld when we know nothing. You want to ship them whatever but to say it’s a fact and on twitter attack people who might thing differently is really annoying. Also I forgot to mention when kh2 came out we had no clue Axel and Saix were childhood friends I know I didn’t I didn’t see any connection. All these pages and no one gave an actual answer do people think they are a canon thing. If they do it obviously Im not able to do anything about it but it definitely would make the game worse for me when If they were going to do a gay couple they wouldn’t be my choice nor make sense narrative wise. You people want to attack me whatever idc at this point this is the only fandom where I’ve had l deal with drama and uncertainty with what the characters are who they are supposed to be with.

Are people really attacking you here? Fighting about whether or not a ship is canon seems stupid to me, all the more so as no ships are canon in KH (except the Disney romantic couples). A lot of the "conviction" is just enthusiasm or wishful thinking or scream about it until it happens XD

I'm not a fan of Lea/Isa personally because their dynamic doesn't feel healthy or appealing to me, though I liked the "toxic-ex" potential there was in Days. I don't mind it either (and I won't fight people who like it because for age reasons it's healthier than akuroku, duh). The KH3 "I was jealous" scene felt potentially romantic to me (+ let's immediately throw in a girl so everyone can fight about the trio's actual dynamic) but in the end these are just open doors for a backstory that is going to be addressed in the future (for better or worse). Nothing's canon, their dynamics are just ambiguous hints (*cough* queer baiting *cough*) that can mean anything to all players because that's how the writers roll.

As for people "not" giving you an answer: our lovely villain on staff HAS given you one from the start: "nothing's canon" IS the answer. If you want more opinions, here's mine: if SE suddenly tries to include a gay couple in canon, Lea/Isa are likely candidates I guess, sure, maybe, but that is not the gay couple I want to see (because of my headcanons for them). Xehaqus is better :D

You're not alone in not liking that ship, but really no need to work oneself up. Take a twitter break?

Last edited:
Back