• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why are people convinced LeaIsa is a thing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, no one's fighting over LeaIsa.

It’s supposed to be about them I made it to see if they really are an intentional thing since many shippers of theirs are convinced.

Dude, a lot of shippers are convinced about their ships. Nomura legit cleared one up in an interview and even went out of his way with the developers to change the expressions in that scene, and some people still think it's a thing. Just let them be.

Idkanymore92

Awards
Not attacking me here I don’t mean you guys. I’m talking about people on twitter and stuff who comment on stuff not relating to their ship and say something is canon.

Hedginka

Awards
The whole concept of Lea and Isa having a mysterious third friend is dead on arrival in my eyes. You can make the argument that Xion was shoehorned into the relationship between Roxas and Axel, but it was not half as insultingly done as it is here. Every time they brought up this conveniently unnamed character who was never mentioned before until KH3, I just placed my head in my hand, because I couldn't take any of it seriously. Granted, I already couldn't take anything involving Isa seriously, because his redemption is lazy and badly written, but that really was the icing on the cake.

Yeah, no one's fighting over LeaIsa.

Dude, a lot of shippers are convinced about their ships. Nomura legit cleared one up in an interview and even went out of his way with the developers to change the expressions in that scene, and some people still think it's a thing. Just let them be.

I know exactly what you're referring to and my mood is dampened from just thinking about it.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Not attacking me here I don’t mean you guys. I’m talking about people on twitter and stuff who comment on stuff not relating to their ship and say something is canon.

The ones who keep parroting that their ship is "canon" are the ones who unconsciously know it isn't so they over-compensate consciously by being vocal and forceful. The insecurity comes from somewhere. Psychology y'all. I don't see that with LeaIsa though.

But again, leave them be.

The whole concept of Lea and Isa having a mysterious third friend is dead on arrival in my eyes. You can make the argument that Xion was shoehorned into the relationship between Roxas and Axel, but it was not half as insultingly done as it is here. Every time they brought up this conveniently unnamed character who was never mentioned before until KH3, I just placed my head in my hand, because I couldn't take any of it seriously. Granted, I already couldn't take anything involving Isa seriously, because his redemption is lazy and badly written, but that really was the icing on the cake.

It's not as insulting because they conveniently used the memory replica idea from Kanemaki as an escape to have everyone "forget" Xion and not disrupt the status quo since KHII released first. There's even an interview where Nomura actually states the reason why Roxas left, and it's funny to look back and know the director retconned himself.

Subject X, they just didn't bother with the excuse, they just dropped her there despite Isa and Lea never breathing a single word of her, memory intact (let alone Ansem and Ansem SoD). Hence, "Xion 2.0 But Worse". And honestly, this should have been covered in Days in the first place.

I know exactly what you're referring to and my mood is dampened from just thinking about it.

I apologize. I don't know if you like Naminè but here she is being cute smol beans:

20200709_181225.jpg

May-Jor

Awards
I don't see the need in taking ships too seriously, let alone what other people want to ship. I see a lot of people convinced of stuff that I don't necessarily agree with but eh, who cares? They do what they want and I'll mind my own business, semi-ironically shipping Square and Disney characters together.

I apologize. I don't know if you like Naminè but here she is being cute smol beans:

View attachment 12806

Adorable af

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't see the need in taking ships too seriously, let alone what other people want to ship. I see a lot of people convinced of stuff that I don't necessarily agree with but eh, who cares? They do what they want and I'll mind my own business, semi-ironically shipping Square and Disney characters together.

Time will tell.

Adorable af

Right? I think it wrecked my spleen.

Hedginka

Awards
I'll mind my own business, semi-ironically shipping Square and Disney characters together.

Ha! Shipping Square and Disney characters together!? What a daft idea! Can’t even begin to imagine engaging in such a thing myself!

View attachment 12806

I very like Namine. But I’d rather use this image instead.

1594335097237.jpeg

Idkanymore92

Awards
I would say Riku and Namine was shoehorned too when did he ever talk about her unless he has scenes with her which all they talked about was Sora but people support it cause you know Riku is not gay to them still don’t think they are canon though. Maybe Skuld is shoehorned but it would stupid to make her their reason for doing everything then go nowhere with it where they don’t even end up friends or whatever is gonna happen we don’t know right now. This was supposed to be a drama free post but others were giving me attitude like I’m nuts for not seeing why people ship it. Again i don’t care who anyone ships but stating it as facts is annoying. This fandom has a problem with people getting attacked for their opinion. Now whatever i ship I don’t go saying its a fact or attack people with a different opinion. I find it nuts people are hating the entire skuld thing which I see part of their reason cause she was mentioned out of nowhere but the fact some in gene real were going to accept Riku namine out of nowhere it’s laughable. You say to leave leaisa shippers alone but if someone say lea and skuld look cute together they get attacked see the hypocrisy. I didn’t say they were canon since we know nothing about them.I have nothing else to say you want to keep going at me with drama which I didn’t want to start then go ahead

May-Jor

Awards
I would say Riku and Namine was shoehorned too when did he ever talk about her unless he has scenes with her which all they talked about was Sora but people support it cause you know Riku is not gay to them still don’t think they are canon though. Maybe Skuld is shoehorned but it would stupid to make her their reason for doing everything then go nowhere with it where they don’t even end up friends or whatever is gonna happen we don’t know right now. This was supposed to be a drama free post but others were giving me attitude like I’m nuts for not seeing why people ship it. Again i don’t care who anyone ships but stating it as facts is annoying. This fandom has a problem with people getting attacked for their opinion. Now whatever i ship I don’t go saying its a fact or attack people with a different opinion. I find it nuts people are hating the entire skuld thing which I see part of their reason cause she was mentioned out of nowhere but the fact some in gene real were going to accept Riku namine out of nowhere it’s laughable. You say to leave leaisa shippers alone but if someone say lea and skuld look cute together they get attacked see the hypocrisy. I didn’t say they were canon since we know nothing about them.I have nothing else to say you want to keep going at me with drama which I didn’t want to start then go ahead

Sorry to be a bit blunt but you are rather needlessly antagonistic towards this ship that seems to rival your own :/ which is probably why people aren't really coming to your defense. There are a ton of people conviced of their own ships, this isn't exclusive to Leaisa, and it isn't really a big deal either.

And tbh, I've never seen anyone attack anyone for shipping Lea and Skuld. And i say this as someone who constantly looks for art of said characters on twitter. If anything, despite Lea canonically being more invested in Skuld/Subject X (Secret Reports, Character Files) people are more into Isa and Skuld, and even then I see more people complaining about the ass-pull plotline and the "now this character has a female love interest you can stop shipping your gay crap now" -type arguments than about people simply enjoying the ship. I see a lot of Leaisa's trying to not be like how [redacted]s were towards Xion and are defending Skuld, which I commend.

Last edited:

Idkanymore92

Awards
I admit I really don’t like the ship and it shows but I just get emotional over things I like and don’t like. I really didn’t want to fight with anyone or shippers. If this came as a rant I apologize. I know people like Isa and Skuld if that happens it’s ok I guess I still prefer Lea and her and if nothing happens that’s fine too they still are a awesome trio aesthetically.

2 quid is good

Awards
Really, this whole thing stems from the fact that all the shippers jumped ship (loel) from forums and tumblr, which weren't bastions of discussion, to twitter, which Is DEFINITELY not a bastion of discussion.

It's best to just not take anything anyone on that hell site takes seriously, least of all shipping. Idk, it just feels like 280 characters makes everyone act dumb.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I feel I'm just here, like, supporting Lea and Riku being single, lol. Just like I was on my own when I liked Roxas/Kairi and Roxas/Olette. Internet world problems man.

Ha! Shipping Square and Disney characters together!? What a daft idea! Can’t even begin to imagine engaging in such a thing myself!

Sora/Ariel, Sora/Rapunzel, Terra/Cinderella, Aqua/Cinderella, and Roxas/Belle have gravitas if you ask me 👀.

bucket.jpeg

I very like Namine. But I’d rather use this image instead.

View attachment 12807

It wasn't cute and smol enough though cause Nomura looked at this and gave it the old "RETCON" stamp :c. R.I.P.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I wouldn't say anybody here was being antagonistic to you...Maybe critical about the concept of Skuld/Subject X with Isa or Lea when we don't have much to base them on besides "well they knew each other one time over ten years ago", but not dismissive or antagonistic.

If anybody is on Twitter, you should know that Twitter is a hellscape of conflict unless you intentionally create an echo chamber which is just as bad. The website just isn't formatted to drive discussion in the way you find on forums. There is meaningful discussion, sure, but that wasn't what Twitter was made for and it shows in how limited threads and replies are in the long run.

Anyways, like I said before, nobody here is really going at you with drama. I just think people are trying to drive the point home that people like what they like but we all know canonically that no pairing is set in stone right now. If there are LeaIsa fans saying it is canon, it is most likely said in a jesting manner OR they are saying it because they believe the text presented is enough to validate their beliefs and that's where you should just choose to not engage with those people.

Same with any pairing. If somebody is touting it as canon, including SoKai, just...ignore it? We can discuss what is textually canon until the sun rises and it will probably never change anybody's mind.

Hedginka

Awards
I feel I'm just here, like, supporting Lea and Riku being single, lol. Just like I was on my own when I liked Roxas/Kairi and Roxas/Olette. Internet world problems man.

I kinda have a soft spot for Roxas/Kairi. There's a fic where Roxas guards her as she visits every Princess of heart. Tis really good, would recommend.

Sora/Ariel, Sora/Rapunzel, Terra/Cinderella, Aqua/Cinderella, and Roxas/Belle have gravitas if you ask me 👀.

View attachment 12809

I know. Trust me, I know. *side-eyes profile picture*

It wasn't cute and smol enough though cause Nomura looked at this and gave it the old "RETCON" stamp :c. R.I.P.

Yep, cos he's a very trash bad not good meanie man. Put him in detention and make him write 1,000 words on why he's a naughty boy.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I kinda have a soft spot for Roxas/Kairi. There's a fic where Roxas guards her as she visits every Princess of heart. Tis really good, would recommend.

I know. Trust me, I know. *side-eyes profile picture*

Yep, cos he's a very trash bad not good meanie man. Put him in detention and make him write 1,000 words on why he's a naughty boy.

They are technically my crack ships mostly based on curiosity, but if it wasn't for Naminè in KHII, I really do think Roxas/Olette was pretty feasible imo (the manga felt the same shhsdgdddf). Anyway, thanks for the rec. I know it's the crackiest of cracks considering Roxas will basically cuck Sora, but hey. Life's rough, gotta roll with the punches.

I don't think it's good to punish someone who just so happened to have fallen in love with Riku Replica somewhere down the line that no one ever saw coming. Nomura is just making sure his boy gets them credit.

At least I got my Naminè smol beans.

Back