• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why are people saying he was redeemed? (Spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Soo Ballad, do you think that

Luxord's "wild card" is actually an entry ticket for KH's version of the Reaper's Game?

And on the main topic here I still do think that people are mixing up a sympathetic send off with an actual redemption.

The latter requires acknowledgement of one's own misdeeds and work to atone for said misdeeds as far as possible.
None of this applies in the discussed case here.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes, this is not a redemption. I feel like some are just mixing up the terms and actually mean the latter, the sympathy showed to his character.

I'd like to know people's opinion on Xehanort handing the X-Blade to Sora saying "Very well done." Was it a good moment or nay?
I liked it. I thought it was a way for Xehanort to take back the guise of a Master for a brief instant and congratulate the Wielder that achieved such a stunning result.
Maybe I should've posted this in the Master thread to Sora's benefict lol

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Smithee

Awards
I will never be okay with this retcon. MX has a laundry list of atrocities dating from BBS on down. The entire main and supporting cast are his victims as well as countless worlds. I mean my god pretty much ten minutes before his 'I'm really a good guy teehee' he pretty much 'kills' Kairi in front of everyone.He is literally the definition of a complete monster, and yet one of his victims, his best friend who he freaking murdered, is the mastermind behind his 'redemption' and they even go to 'heaven' together. GTFOOH!

If any antagonist can cross the moral event horizon as strongly as he has( he pretty much broke it to pieces in the first game let along the ones after), and they still get a happy ending then what is the point of any of this? It's bad enough a bunch of mythos breaks keep occurring,but let's add even more to the no stakes or consequences smorgasbord by making a monster get a happily ever after to. Basically this story is saying you can literally be the biggest sociopath in KH, and yet you will still get a kumbaya send off. NO.

Also I will always hate that Blackhole Sue Sora is the one who took him down instead of the three that had the strongest right to do so. Terra especially should have been the main one dragging his keyblade from Xehanort's ball sack to his skull. He doesn't even get to say anything to him either. It was some unforgivable bs.

12 years of atrocities in the name of.... light? Here's the thing though there was no darkness going buckwild in this series until Xehanort put it there. Just GTFO Nomura. GTFO.

MX fits the Black Hole Sue criteria far more than Sora, IMO.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
He deserved a fate-worse-than-death similar to one of those he made TAV endure, not this Last Jedi-level copout.

I doubt anyone from the cast would be willing to do that, much less Eraqus let them do that to his dear old friend, seeing as how he was still inside Terra.

Back