• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did KH2 suck to everyone??

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventuskeyblade

im a little confused. most people on this forum all say KH2 was a bad game, and a bad sequel. I mean, sure it did make the story more complex with Roxas and the Nobodies, but I just don't get why most people didn't like it. I enjoyed it and thought it was a decent sequel. So if those of you who don't like the game could help me to understand your reasoning , it would be much appreciated :D thanks

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I am willing to go into pages on why I think Kingdom Hearts is a bad sequel. But right now? I'm going to bide my time and wait for the inevitable retards to post here.

Lord betrayus

Website
m.www.yahoo.com
It sucked to me because it was way too easy for me, even on proud; some the worlds didn't tie into the plot in any way( Pride lands, Atlantica), Atlantica as a whole, I didn't see much of a reason to change Keyblades except for looks, the only difficult enemy to me was Sephiroth, Roxas was less important than I felt he should have been, and it seems as if we got screwed out of a better experience when FM was released in Japan. Edit:(wait do I count as an inevitable retard?)

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Mostly because it was too easy and because it came short of expectations. Too much hype (a recurring bane in this series imo)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Hmm, well, it could be the bad story, the lackluster gameplay that turned the gameplay we all love into shorter and cheaper a hack n' slash version. The only reason it's even considered part of the series is because the story, as bad as it was, still moved the series' story along slightly for a good game (Birth by Sleep) to take over. The world's stories didn't even tie in with the main story, and overall: This game was so easy, I beat it within a week when I was 7.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
. The world's stories didn't even tie in with the main story, and overall: This game was so easy, I beat it within a week when I was 7.

Wait wait wait. Kingdom Hearts II is 6 years old?

Fucking hell. I was 14/15 when I completed the game. Now I'm 20 and I'm seeing Kids playing it at the age of 7? I think... I'm going to commit suicide now.

blueheart

Bronze Member
The only reason it's even considered part of the series is because the story, as bad as it was, still moved the series' story along slightly for a good game (Birth by Sleep) to take over.

I honestly don't think I would have gone back into the series if it wasn't for Birth by Sleep.

Youniquee

Awards
I don't think KH2 was so bad, in fact, it's one of my favourites. It was just the awkward dialogue, it was way too easy and as I've noticed the game is quite long and gets repetitive at times. But people make out the game to be more bad than it actually is, I think.

AkiraKiyoshi

Awards
Website
aka-kami.deviantart.com
This question has been asked many times, and pretty much most (if not all) answers are the same:

- Level of ease
- Bad writing
- Plot holes
- Never ending hallways
- Repetitiveness
- Useless worlds..

.. And many other things.

imho it wasn't all that bad; and frankly i really liked it, but it's the very first KH game I've played and probably what got me hooked so I might be a little biased. It just never really lived up to what the first KH was, and many of the spin off games could never live up to it was well, though it's agreed by many the BBS by far is the one coming closest to the success that was KH1.

Some of the newer fans who like the latest entries to the series say it's just the nostalgia talking, but I played KH2 first and to be honest I can see why KH1 is far more superior in terms of gameplay and story portrayal.

tl;dr high expectations which it never reached killed it

Last edited:

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I don't hate it I love it it's one of my favorite KH games and felt it was more fun playing through it than KH1.

blueheart

Bronze Member
What I didn't like was the whole Nobody thing. The Roxas drama wasn't very interesting to me. And Sanctuary made me eat orphan newborn babies to keep down my nausea, as I've stated before.

The most frustrating thing to me was that there were a ton of mysteries in the beginning, and all the revelations are crammed in at the very end. It was a long middle to go through, hoping to find out the answer to the questions along the way. But no. Nothing. The game was too long and too easy.

That, and it was in Sora's point of view only. In KH1, we got rewarded with a scene showing what was going on with the villians once in a while, after every other world. In KH2, you're stuck with SDG going through rehashed worlds with boring plots.

They could have had scenes with point of views of the many characters they introduced. Namine, Roxas, Axel, Kairi, Xemans and the rest of Org13, even Riku. But no, no break from the long dullness of going through rehashed worlds and boring plots with SDG. *Sora wasn't an interesting character in his game either*

This game had potential. They just didn't use it, for some reason.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
The only reason it's even considered part of the series is because the story, as bad as it was, still moved the series' story along slightly for a good game (Birth by Sleep) to take over. .

i don't see how people can dislike kh2 and love bbs. both are the same level of mediocrity, with kh2 honestly being a little bit better, if you ask me.

Sanmuri

In my opinion, KH 2 is the best game I've ever payed!
Story was kinda sad, characters cool and worlds was great. I even liked Atlantica. It's so musical ^^
And, to me, it's not too easy. Just try Sephiroth with No Damage >:D
I really love it and I share so many sad and happy moments with it.

When Axel dies, Riku comes back, Roxas and Sora are in Awakening.
I love it

Krelian

Because it was too, too easy, the level design sucked and most of the disney world were complete filler. I don't hate it though, it is still a 7 to me.

Final Mix is a great emprovement, though. Critical mode is just awesome.

roxas7

i love kh2 and its story but that's my opinion and i guess most people didn't
but everybody has there own opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back