• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did KH2 suck to everyone??

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
the only truly memorable things in kh2 for me were the music, sparkly graphics and when kh2fm came out, the heightened difficulty and a few extras to toy with (mushrooms, bosses, etc).

the american release was terrible. thank god it had a final mix.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Originally Posted By rac7d

kH2 never sucked it ust made disney worlds into filler episodeds instead of plat realted. Think of Kh1 as dragon ball kai nad kh2 as dragon ball z

Never again with that example it's a horrid comparison as I actually preferred DBZ to Kai just saying.

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.
Never again with that example it's a horrid comparison as I actually preferred DBZ to Kai just saying.

Well DBZKai cut out all the filler, so it was how it was supposed to be in the manga... but they sacrificed Gohan's voice actor, so I think it loses points for that...

But to be on topic, I don't think KH2 was bad, it just didn't live up to expectations and wasn't as good as KH1.

In terms of hackey-slashey gameplay, people need to replay KH1: it's just as bad: Vertical swing, poke, round swing (occasionally switch the first two). Switch it up by adding one more poke or vertical swing, and that's pretty much all you did for physical combat, unless you used an awkward ability. At least KH2 made it more flashy with different combos (but as others have said, that just makes it easier).

Magic system was also better in KH1, in my opinion.

And most importantly, Disney worlds and villains actually mattered in KH1. Princesses were being taken, Maleficent had a band of Disney villains doing her work, she was collecting the Ansem Reports, and corrupting Riku. Honestly, Captain Hook shipping Riku in his vessel with Kairi? That encounter in Neverland is one of my favorite in the series. Disney was nothing but a sidequest in KH2. Take out the worlds, replace them with original Square ones, and it works just as well. You couldn't do that with KH1. But to be fair, you could do that with BBS as well.

Last edited:

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ Odysseus

Sorry man, but I'm always going to be like that when it comes to DBZ vs. DBKai It's just cause I'm older that's all.

On topic KH1 may have been a hack and slash at heart, but at least it still require a tad bit more at least on my first play through than KH2 ever did.

To be really fair though when I finished KH2 at first I was okay with it knew it wasn't better than 1, but it was that second time I went back to playing it I really began to see how it all fell apart. Cause at that point I really saw how the Disney's worlds as most people even me have said don't matter, and other things as well.

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.
@ Odysseus

Sorry man, but I'm always going to be like that when it comes to DBZ vs. DBKai It's just cause I'm older that's all.

At risk of going waay off topic, I'm 20 and watched DBZ when it was originally played on Toonami in the 90s as well. Trust me, was/am a huge DBZ fan. Kai just trims the fat from the original anime, unless you enjoyed stuff like Goku and Piccolo getting their driver's license (which I usually did).

As for the on-topic KH2, I have nothing more to add.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ Fire's Fan

Only because that's how they made Sora out to be and a lot of people were upset with that including me.

@ alexis.anagram

Wow if that's all it takes to be friends I guess I got over 100,000.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I like KH2, but I don't love it because it was too easy for me. Like someone said on the last posts, I only died once to try out Mickey. The story was okay. Also I didn't like I had to go twice to each world, kinda a bit boring. It's like... oh... a new boss? Okay... I guess I have to.

CA59

It sucked to me because of the following:

-Bad storyline (at least the execution)
-Lame dialogue
-Most of the characters were lame. The Organization members in KH2 were really just fanservice, which leads to...
-Too much fanservice for no reason
-Horrible characterization
-No skill needed; all you gotta do is spam

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
It sucked to me because of the following:

-Bad storyline (at least the execution)
-Lame dialogue
Ok i can see this
-Most of the characters were lame. The Organization members in KH2 were really just fanservice, which leads to...
-Too much fanservice for no reason
Disagree here...
it would be fan service if they didnt really server a purpose, and for the most part they did..
-Horrible characterization
... i guess
-No skill needed; all you gotta do is spam
sort of true but you could say that for all of them besides Chan of memories...

I still think this / well Kh2fm+ is the best game of the series

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I just spent like an hour and a half trying to unmuddle the overall storyline for someone.

They said they didn't like KH2 because the story made their head hurt.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
The game play was fun and exciting for me. Watching Sora do cool flips on screen just with the press of the 'X' button is cool. I didn't like Atlantica, in fact I hated it. I don't even think I've ever finished it. I did like the gummi ship better than I did in KH1. I also enjoyed watching the cut-scenes. The game felt like a movie sometimes and I liked that. But I have to admit that the game was a little too long. Many of the worlds were irrelevant to the plot. I missed how the worlds tied into the main plot in KH1. It was also too easy (although I didn't mind that). Overall I enjoyed playing KH2 and I still do play it on occasion. =)

keyblademaster42

Bronze Member
Awards
As far as the Engine goes for the game they improved it greatly with the Camera control and the overall movement and feel of the character (even if they took our roll away) as far as the story goes though i felt Sora got played down way to much in this game in 1 he was a cunning boy who had no clue what he was doing trying to find his friends and battling villains along the way, number two felt like he was a bit of a pansy and it seemed like every level you went to involved love in some form or another. The Reason I did anticipate 2 the most was because of Organization XIII and there ulterior motives and what there goal was but it felt like you didn't see them as much as they where hyped up to be, as far as how hard the game was it was Easy at times and had its Difficult moments (Xaldin was the bane of my existence and made Sephiroth look like a pansy) but over all i cant complain, it moved the overall story along nicely to a point, Atlantica didn't need to be in there though whoever said that was 100 percent right, I think though the reason people like birth by sleep though it because most of them have adopted the Barney Stinson Saying "Newer Is always better" and cant go back and enjoy a game on an older platform with lower graphics

MeteoRaziel

Seeing all these posts make me wanna try and Play KHII (I never played it...the only KH that i've played was 358/2, BBS, and CoM).
The storyline seems good to me though (except for lame or perverted scenes?).

Shaxra15

The first game was charming with the story, the whole rival thing, but the story in KH 2 was for the most part OK. I enjoy playing it once in a while personally, in fact I share it with my younger sister. They improved some of it in KH2 FM but to bad they didn't release it T.T and if you compare the game in general to the first one they made some major improvments in gameplay. It's a lot less frusterating, in a bunch of small things though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back