• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did Org. XIII come to the KH series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Did Kingdom Hearts really need Organization XIII

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muse

you look atrocious
an like putting ansem/xehanort and malificent in every game?

Okay, for one, Sora did not fight Ansem in CoM or KH2, nor did he fight Maleficent (that I'm aware of) in those two games. Those two were solely Riku fights (that I'm aware of) and even then, they were not main antagonists. They were like Jafar is in Agrabah. An insignificant boss battle. However, Organization XIII were the main antagonists. In both CoM and in KH2. Ansem and Maleficent were only main antagonists in KH1. >D So, nyeh!

A common thing found in KH enemies is that they represent beings that are missing something. The heartless represent beings without hearts, and the nobodies represent beings without emotions. Organization XIII did an okay job at representing that, seeing how some members, if not all, were emotionless meanies.

Actually, the Heartless WERE the Hearts and the Nobodies were the bodies and souls. Their names refer to their nature. Heartless = Meaning cruel and/or acting on instinct; Nobodies = No identity. The Nobodies lacked their hearts, and thus their identities.

nekarichan

The Organization was brought in for several reasons.

One, as everyone has already mentioned, they were brought in to be the antagonists of not KH2, but also KH: CoM. Once the main villains that inhabited KH1 were destroyed, there was obviously need for others to take their place. Insert Organization.

Two, the Organization gives KH more originality. Now, instead of the villains just being Disney characters, with the exception of Ansem, SoD, we have more original characters, which makes KH seem less like a hodgepodge of different ideas and stories.

Three, it brings a certain more depth to the story that wasn't there before. Obviously, most people don't consider the entire Organization to be wholly evil, like Sora does. Even Naminé, who was kidnapped by some members of said Organization, straddles the fence where the true evillness of Organization XIII is concerned. When you think about it, all of the memebers of the Organization used to be somebody. They lost their hearts through some way (including the Original Six, who were only doing this in the name of science- except for Xehanort) and were once people with feelings, ideas, thoughts, and loves. Plus, the heart breaking (at least for most females) story of the friendship between Axel and Roxas adds a depth not originally there. So, plot-wise, it was a great addition.

Fourth, they're all really great looking, and would draw in more sales. I've even heard of some people that only bought the game to begin with just because of the way the Organization members looked- even without their hoods off.

Wow you really put what I wanted to say in excellent phrases. I agree with you all the way.

I also think that depth that was added to the story also brought it from the cutesy Disney game, which people mistake KH games for when they first encounter them, to something that was much darker in nature and I think that's what probably why a lot of people like KH. Plus the grey area that the Organization occupy is great, because even though they are the antagonists, you really can't help but love them anyway ( well at least thats how it was for me XD) because its like " I know they do bad things, but you can see the reason why." Which makes them easier to relate to. Plus I love how each of the members have their own personality and quirks that make them loveable.

So I honestly could't imagine KH WITHOUT the Organization, its what sets it apart.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Actually, the Heartless WERE the Hearts and the Nobodies were the bodies and souls. Their names refer to their nature. Heartless = Meaning cruel and/or acting on instinct; Nobodies = No identity. The Nobodies lacked their hearts, and thus their identities.

It's not exactly as simple as "Heartless are the hearts," I think. They're beings created from the darkness of the heart, not simply a corrupted form of the heart itself, and therefore it'd be better to say that they hold the heart, rather than that they are the heart. Since they can't actually use it like a heart should be, though, "Heartless" still makes some sense.

Nobodies actually are the bodies and souls, but it's not really contradictory because the name is supposed to refer to their lack of proper existence, rather than their lack of bodies ("no-bodies"), like you said.

The existence of Nobodies does make a fair amount of sense considering what the Heartless are, though. Otherwise, where would the body go?

Valor Sora 17

It improves the story of the game. Without the org, you would only be fighting the heartless and trying to find riku. With the org, you now have to stop them while doing the above.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member
It made the series a bit more fun, added some origonality, and not to mention made some of the coolest characters. Plus it answered the question of what happens to the left overs when a person becomes a heartless so yeah. we needed it.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
They made it seem better and not just the same old Jafar, Ursula, and Oogie stuff. And, they make it so that Disney isnt all the seiries is capable of

khfan13

If it weren't for Organization 13 than there would never be Kingdom Hearts 2 or even Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Well, if we assume that Nomura had come up with Xehanort in KH1, it provided a means to bring him back, and make a trilogy of KH.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
without organization 13, it would just be kh1 w/ slightly matured voices, new sora looks and clothes and new worlds. added new bosses to exept for weird animals that became heartless. it added depth.

so org. 13 was needed.

Angel

without organization 13, it would just be kh1 w/ slightly matured voices, new sora looks and clothes and new worlds. added new bosses to exept for weird animals that became heartless. it added depth.

so org. 13 was needed.

you forgot to mention how it furthered the plot and stuff.

and how CoM and KH2 wouldn't exist.

and neither would Days or Coded.

BBS wouldn't make much sense compared to the rest of the series either.

So yeah.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Well, if we assume that Nomura had come up with Xehanort in KH1, it provided a means to bring him back, and make a trilogy of KH.

I'm pretty sure he did, actually - "You are the source of all Heartless" makes little sense without the involvement of Xehanort, and that was in the first Another Side, Another Story video.

(Then again, I'm pretty sure Organization XIII had been thought of, too, since at one point in the same video there was a Japanese phrase starting with "13" followed by two kanji)

Angel

Well, there ya go. He already had the 3 main titles planned when he made the first one.

who knows if he thought of the new three as well.

SiiNz

With Love
Website
www.youtube.com
The Organization 13 gave KH2 more fun into it.

Not the same Disney as usual.
Also, for the fact that he couldn't make KH2 with the same storyline, that would of been dull.

rent

It made the series a bit more fun, added some origonality, and not to mention made some of the coolest characters. Plus it answered the question of what happens to the left overs when a person becomes a heartless so yeah. we needed it.

this.

i wouldn't play kingdom hearts 2 if it weren't for organization 13. they caught my attention.

Jakenkyo

I voted "no" but I can't really decide :/

The game IMO could have ended in KHI as far as I can see, but I guess they put them in there to add more to the story which I'm not really complaining on, and since the organization WAS put into the game, it also added even more to it -refering to birth by sleep and nobodies- so I guess thats a yes for that part if that were the question.

Man I guess I should've voted yes.
But I still stick to it just for more storytelling.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
I think I like my original answer the best.

I don't think KH1 could have ended where it was, because that's just not Disney like. Disney goes for happy endings. KH1 did not have a happy ending. Riku being stuck in the Realm of Darkness, Sora and Kairi being seperated once again though this totally made me happy, Sora and Riku seperating which totally made me unhappy, and none of them, except for Kairi, didn't get to go home.

Not very happy ending, is it?

Now, while it didn't necessarily have to be the Organization who became the main antagonists of KH2, I do believe that they did a wonderful job with them, tying them into the entire back story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back