• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did people hate FFXV so much?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 246005

I wonder if there's any possibility FFXV may receive a sequel someday? I feel like all the drama around its creation is the only reason that it would be unlikely. From what I recall, the game sold very well (I'm not sure how well in comparison to KH3, for example). FFXV-2 and a FFX-3 are the sequels I'd most like to see. I know there's Revenant Wings for XII already, but XII's another one where I think a sequel on a mainline console would be really fun--following Balthier, Fran, and Vaan on some new treasure-hunting adventure.

I love IX more than the others, but I don't think a sequel would fit that game, it has such a storybook-esque ending. VII or VIII though, who knows. I actually wonder if they might make a VII-2 after the remake is done? I mean, they'd have all the assets to do it.
It's possible but the game itself doesn't leave much room for a sequel. You could try following the Lucian survivors after Noctis fights Ardyn. There's the Chocobros, Talcott, Cor, Aranea and Iris so you got options.

A prequel with one of the previous kings could also work but you need a new interesting threat for them to fight.
Ardyn sleeps for almost 2000 years and the Empire isn't that compelling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Oh, I'd want one where the main four are revived somehow--perhaps through Shiva's and Bahamut's doing. It would be interesting if they added Aranea and Iris as regular members of the group though. Actually, I think I'd prefer they revived Nyx somehow--seeing Nyx and Noctis actually interact would be worth it alone. So a party of the original four + Aranea and Nyx would be really fun to me.

AegisXIII

Awards
It's possible but the game itself doesn't leave much room for a sequel. You could try following the Lucian survivors after Noctis fights Ardyn. There's the Chocobros, Talcott, Cor, Aranea and Iris so you got options.

A prequel with one of the previous kings could also work but you need a new interesting threat for them to fight.
Ardyn sleeps for almost 2000 years and the Empire isn't that compelling.
I would rather have a version where the dlc are integrated into the main story, unlocking the character upon completion. XD

Kysoorg

Awards
I personally really enjoy this game and it is definitely one of the top of 2016-17. But I also really enjoyed Crisis Core and Type 0 shit. They all have playstyles that are very different from other Final Fantasy games. I think some people don't like it.

D

Deleted member 246005

The female representation isn't that good buts more common with Japanese media so YMMV.

I like the female characters but they are underused or in the case of Luna poorly used. The childhood friend trope was poorly handled but leaning to the arranged marriage aspect would've helped keep it fresh. It's more believable that they would grow apart over a decade than keep the flame. So having them navigate that gap would've been preffered.

I wouldn't mind episode Aranea and Luna tho.

AegisXIII

Awards
The female representation isn't that good buts more common with Japanese media so YMMV.

I like the female characters but they are underused or in the case of Luna poorly used. The childhood friend trope was poorly handled but leaning to the arranged marriage aspect would've helped keep it fresh. It's more believable that they would grow apart over a decade than keep the flame. So having them navigate that gap would've been preffered.

I wouldn't mind episode Aranea and Luna tho.
I think it doesn't help that all the 4 main male characters have an adventure and get enough time to develop their friendship/personality when all female characters are stuck in the cutscene format. That's why they have nearly zero personality to begin with since this game excells in the road trip dialog and not in the actual story.

D

Deleted member 246005

I think it doesn't help that all the 4 main male characters have an adventure and get enough time to develop their friendship/personality when all female characters are stuck in the cutscene format. That's why they have nearly zero personality to begin with since this game excells in the road trip dialog and not in the actual story.
I remember Aranea and Iris because they had segments were they were part members and you had interactions with them. So Luna would've benefited from traveling with them for a while.

Most modern FF games and KH as a whole fail at pacing and plot. So I'm hoping FF16 improves in that area.

I'd be up for Noctis traveling through the live action Disney remakes. It could be a potential remake for KH1 and 2.

KH: Case Noctis. ;)

Back