• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did the DtL need to open?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Throughout KH1, we learn Sora will be the one who will open the Door to Light. Then in KH2, the Door to Light is mentioned less, but Sora opens it at the end of the game.

But why did Sora need to open it? What made the DtL important? What changed when it was opened? And also, how did Sora open it?

I was thinking about these questions for the last couple of days, and I haven't come up with a good enough reason yet.

Ideas?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Well I don't think it was "opened" in KH2, it just appeared. I think it still remains a mystery. I mean, we don't even know who the mystery voice from KH1 is. Who knows... maybe it will be revealed at the climax of KH3?

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Nobody knows. It was never confirmed. We can keep guessing and making theories... but until an interview or a game tells us who it really is, it will remain to be a mystery.

Nomura said it was Mickey in the KH1 Ultimania.
But then the voice appeared again in KH2 with Roxas. Which brings up all kinds of questions if that was Mickey too.

But also, how did Mickey know Sora was destined to open the DtL?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Nomura said it was Mickey in the KH1 Ultimania.
But then the voice appeared again in KH2 with Roxas. Which brings up all kinds of questions if that was Mickey too.

But also, how did Mickey know Sora was destined to open the DtL?

I don't recall him ever saying that... Can you provide a link? I don't know where I can find KH1 Ultimania because everytime I google it, it only lists KH2 Ultimania, KHBBS Ultimania and KH1 strategy guides.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I don't recall him ever saying that... Can you provide a link? I don't know where I can find KH1 Ultimania because everytime I google it, it only lists KH2 Ultimania, KHBBS Ultimania and KH1 strategy guides.

I can't find it. I got the same things.
But I made a thread asking about the voice a while back, and I was told by a bunch of people that Nomura confirmed it was Mickey is the Ultimania.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Nobody knows. It was never confirmed. We can keep guessing and making theories... but until an interview or a game tells us who it really is, it will remain to be a mystery.
Yeah it was confirmed to be Mickey in the KH1 Ultimania. Hard luck finding it again, but when it was confirmed someone did post the scan of it with the snippet proving it. Mickey is also scene doing this to Riku in KH1:FM and CoM and says he can talk to people through their hearts so, it's easy to see how.

Also, I know what you mean about the DtL. It being basically just a reverse Dark Corridor at the end of KH2 is what convinced many people to not believe that was actually the DtL and was more that Sora was mistaken. But, to be fair, no one ever said Sora HAD to open the DtL, they just said that he would.

I think "The Door" (which the voice brings up in the opening Awakening) and the "Door the Light" which the voice brings up at the end of the game might actually be different things. When the door closes Mickey says "Remember Sora, there will always be a door to the light" and he says this as if explaining how MICKEY would be able to leave the Realm of Darkness. The DtL that Sora opens/uses at the end of KH2 fits very much in line with the way Mickey talks about the DtL at the end of KH1, but it doesn't really seem as important as "The Door" that he talks about in the awakening.

tl ; dr I believe "The Door" is something else (probably KH2), while the Door to the Light was just a reminder to Sora that, even if he was trapped in the darkness, he'd be able to leave somehow.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I know that Mickey was the one who talked to Mickey in that extra scene in KHFM but I never ever heard that he was the voice following Sora. Plus I don't even think Mickey knew about Roxas at all in KH2 so seeing the text of the mystery voice again just raises questions.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I know that Mickey was the one who talked to Mickey in that extra scene in KHFM but I never ever heard that he was the voice following Sora. Plus I don't even think Mickey knew about Roxas at all in KH2 so seeing the text of the mystery voice again just raises questions.
Roxas was in Sora's Heart during the opening of KH2. The voice could have reached him simply because Mickey was trying to talk to Sora instead.
Regardless though, it's confirmed to be Mickey.

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
I felt like the Door to Light just being a passageway back home was incredibly anticlimactic. =/

I was thinking more along the lines of eliminating the Heartless and reuniting all the worlds, but I guess not.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Roxas was in Sora's Heart during the opening of KH2. The voice could have reached him simply because Mickey was trying to talk to Sora instead.
Regardless though, it's confirmed to be Mickey.

He was inside DiZ's computer, and didn't merge with Sora until the end of Day 6. And why would Mickey be trying to contact Sora?

I felt like the Door to Light just being a passageway back home was incredibly anticlimactic. =/

I was thinking more along the lines of eliminating the Heartless and reuniting all the worlds, but I guess not.

I felt that way too. It's why I was thinking about those questions. The Door to Light seemed like a Light version of a Dark Corridor, instead of, what I assumed, the opposite of the Door to Darkness.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Well, that's what opening KH would accomplish

He was inside DiZ's computer, and didn't merge with Sora until the end of Day 6. And why would Mickey be trying to contact Sora?
He was inside DiZ's Computer which was connected directly to Sora's heart. This is why Roxas was able to make Sora's Heart come into contact with Kairi's and all that jazz (DiZ says that the Data Twilight Town was placed inside Sora's heart/memory). As for why Mickey would be trying, who knows? See if he's awake yet. It's about time anyway.

Dcasd1

yeah i don't think sora has opened the door to anything yet i think he will in farther games.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
[video=youtube;YxLHI8f6Se0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxLHI8f6Se0[/video]

The Voice in Roxas Awakening said:
Be careful.
What lies beyond that door lies a completely different world.
But don't be afraid.
Don't stop walking...

Why would Mickey start to guide Roxas?
And it is Mickey, he obviously can tell what's going on in Roxas' Awakening. And that brings up, why wouldn't Mickey notice Roxas looking like Ven?

Also, this is kinda irrelavent, but I noticed something in this video. At 7:32

358ymn5.jpg

Organization member?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

But why would Mickey be trying to talk to Sora while he's sleeping?

luap911 said:
Also, this is kinda irrelavent, but I noticed something in this video. At 7:32

Organization member?

You didn't notice that before?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Why would Mickey start to guide Roxas?
The obvious reason: he wants Sora to wake up?

And that brings up, why wouldn't Mickey notice Roxas looking like Ven?
Who's to say he didn't?

Organization member?
Riku.

I wouldn't be against saying that the voice in Roxas' awakening is just Riku/DiZ/Nami, seeing as how it wouldnt be the first time they tried controlling the events that went on in the Data TWTN.

But, no matter, the voice in Kh1 has been confirmed to be Mickey no matter how one looks at it.

siegleeagle

The obvious reason: he wants Sora to wake up?

Who's to say he didn't?

Riku.

I wouldn't be against saying that the voice in Roxas' awakening is just Riku/DiZ/Nami, seeing as how it wouldnt be the first time they tried controlling the events that went on in the Data TWTN.

But, no matter, the voice in Kh1 has been confirmed to be Mickey no matter how one looks at it.

I thought the organization member thats in that scene is just a shadow version of roxas and it grew into the twilight thorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back