• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why didn't Aqua have Water-based attacks?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

For Terra, some of his most powerful attacks were Earth-based.

For Ventus, some of his most powerful attacks were Air-based.

Why didn't Aqua have Water-based attacks?

Her attacks are certainly powerful, but I wonder why they stopped the pattern with her.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
His first shotlock had bubbles. Also water attacks were introduced in DDD.

Veritas7340

Unlike the other two, the majority of Aqua's powerful attacks have nothing to do with water:

--Firaga Burst
--Ghost Drive
--Triple Firaga
--Seeker Mine
--Thundaga Shot
--Time Splicer

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It's kinda funny how Terra and Ven have so many moves based on their elemental names but Aqua only has one or two. But Aqua's name (meaning water) could represent fluidity. If looked at it like that not only can it describe her huge variety of moves, but her limberness as well.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Because there's no water based magic to use. =P Which I honestly find a shame. I'd like to see some water mojo outside Demyx.

HK Motendra

Awards
Unlike the other two, the majority of Aqua's powerful attacks have nothing to do with water:

--Firaga Burst
--Ghost Drive
--Triple Firaga
--Seeker Mine
--Thundaga Shot
--Time Splicer
Lets not forget that there were severall Blizzard related commands for her, along with Fire. She had Tripple Blizzaga, Ice Barrage, Deep Freeze, and Glacier, along with Ice Breaker(? I forget its actual name) as a finish command.

Veritas7340

Lets not forget that there were severall Blizzard related commands for her, along with Fire. She had Tripple Blizzaga, Ice Barrage, Deep Freeze, and Glacier, along with Ice Breaker(? I forget its actual name) as a finish command.

True. However, they weren't the majority. Terra had half dark attacks and half Earth attacks. Ven had many air attacks. Aqua had some blizzard attacks but also some fire attacks and some thunder and some teleporting. It wasn't as unique as the other two.

BlazeHeatnix

Terra is a slow, hard hitter, so his element of choice is of course earth. Ven is swift, yet weak, so his element is wind.

Aqua's strategy of attack is just magic in general, not water specifically. Likely she's named Aqua because that's the most "feminine" element.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
A shame she didn't have much water magic,water magic is awesome and one of my favorite elements.I just hate how rare water magic is in general.

I'm guessing getting creative with water magic is pretty difficult and probably more taxing on lower end hardware than the other elements.

So far all the water magic in the series look pretty much the same...just bubbles.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
A shame she didn't have much water magic,water magic is awesome and one of favorite elements.I just hate how rare water magic is in general.

I'm guessing getting creative with water magic is pretty difficult and probably more taxing on lower end hardware than the other elements.

So far all the water magic in the series look pretty much the same...just bubbles.

Isn't Blizzard, Blizzara, and Blizzaga a type of water magic? Ice is just frozen water, right?

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I mean i guess but i never liked ice magic..always found it dull.

To me what water magic can potentially do can't be beat by ice.

Summoning a tsunami/multiple giant torrents of water/geysers/acid rain are far cooler than anything ice can do.

Last edited:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I mean i guess but i never liked ice magic..always found it dull.

To me what water magic can potentially do can't be beat by ice.

Summoning a tsunami/multiple giant torrents of water/geysers/acid rain are far cooler than anything ice can do.

I wonder how Aqua would fare with the Ice Titan's, Demyx's, and Vexen's ice/water magic. Maybe, I should include Ursula since she is a sea witch. I wonder how it would be to see Aqua do with their magic.

What is Hurricane Blast?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv7Rp2MxbfU Ice Titan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc1IFDxGrrc Demyx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UObTxQk7qY Vexen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OQO0fpdbaE Ursula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back