• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why didn't Mickey or Yen Sid tell Sora about....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
It's not that strange. From his and Yen Sid's perspective, the three of them disappeared without a trace. The likely assumption was probably that they died or tragedy befell them. Literally ten years pass without a single word of their existence. Sometime during KH1 Mickey meets Aqua and we assume there is a reason that he couldn't save her (we'll have to wait for 0.2 to find out if it is any good) but also at that time they are dealing with the more present threats of Xehanort and Xemnas that need to be dealt with right away. Mickey barely appears in these stories at all, for one thing, but mentioning three keyblade wielders from over a decade ago doesn't really help the present situation of Xehanort and Xemnas threatening the worlds right now (especially when we consider the amount of effort it is taking to save them -- realm of sleep travels anyone? we also have to remember that prior to mickey/riku it was virtually unheard of anyone making it out of the realm of darkness and they basically escaped it by pure luck. it's not something you'd just hastily jump back into without being prepared). Once the threat has been dealt with and Mickey learns that not only are they all able to be saved, but that Sora is the key, he and Yen Sid immediately start trying to track them down, figuring out what happened, and how best to save them. Once they learned this information they didn't wait around. Yen Sid knew that in order to save them Sora and Riku would need to gain new powers from the Realm of Sleep and so that's what they did.

The Aqua thing is the most dubious part of this, but not mentioning the rest makes enough sense to me given the circumstances. They assumed they were gone.

Last edited:

Keyblade Meister

It's not that strange. From his and Yen Sid's perspective, the three of them disappeared without a trace. The likely assumption was probably that they died or tragedy befell them. Literally ten years pass without a single word of their existence. Sometime during KH1 Mickey meets Aqua and we assume there is a reason that he couldn't save her (we'll have to wait for 0.2 to find out if it is any good) but also at that time they are dealing with the more present threats of Xehanort and Xemnas that need to be dealt with right away. Mickey barely appears in these stories at all, for one thing, but mentioning three keyblade wielders from over a decade ago doesn't really help the present situation of Xehanort and Xemnas threatening the worlds right now (especially when we consider the amount of effort it is taking to save them -- realm of sleep travels anyone?). Once the threat has been dealt with and Mickey learns that not only are they all able to be saved, but that Sora is the key, he and Yen Sid immediately start trying to track them down, figuring out what happened, and how best to save them. Once they learned this information they didn't wait around. Yen Sid knew that in order to save them Sora and Riku would need to gain new powers from the Realm of Sleep and so that's what they did.

The Aqua thing is the most dubious part of this, but not mentioning the rest makes enough sense to me given the circumstances. They assumed they were gone.

Oh okay now that explanation makes sense. I was mostly saying it was strange because in re coded and ddd he never told anyone who he was talking about but he referenced them as "His three friends" never mentioning their past relationship even after apparently meeting aqua and finding out what happened to the trio.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Oh okay now that explanation makes sense. I was mostly saying it was strange because in re coded and ddd he never told anyone who he was talking about but he referenced them as "His three friends" never mentioning their past relationship even after apparently meeting aqua and finding out what happened to the trio.
You're likely meant to assume he caught people up off-screen. They're not going to bother putting in a scene that is basically just a recap of BBS when you can just infer that it happened between games (and because they obviously want you to play BBS itself to get that information). Sora and Riku start KH3D off knowing that they are going into the RoS purposefully to gain the powers to save these people. They're aware of who they are at that point.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
tbh terra was more like a friend of a friend. he never met mickey.

Keyblade Meister

Mainly it is Mickey's fault for not delivering Naminé's message to Sora properly and instead left it vague. With the letter and everything that went down in KH3D, Sora is at least aware of his role in everything so...he knows enough.

I feel like that was always the case with Sora, I doubt he ever gets what the heck goes on regarding Xehanort or the keyblade war and kingdom hearts but he is motivated by the will to do good and the light that pushes him forward. Sora most likely just understands the gist of what's happening and just heads out to achieve it powered by his friends and connection. Though the most important character in the series all this lore definitely goes over his head.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I feel like that was always the case with Sora, I doubt he ever gets what the heck goes on regarding Xehanort or the keyblade war and kingdom hearts but he is motivated by the will to do good and the light that pushes him forward. Sora most likely just understands the gist of what's happening and just heads out to achieve it powered by his friends and connection. Though the most important character in the series all this lore definitely goes over his head.

that sums him up prettt well. basically an "i don't know what I'm doing, but its heroic so im gonna do it!" type.

well, actually, he knows that the stakes are high and why, but a lot of it is just winging it.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
tumblr_m0uddf8XJF1rrfpcco1_500.jpg

Thanks. I knew I had had a favorite Mickey meme picture. It was this one.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
how could he even forget about terra? he never even met him lmao

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
that sums him up prettt well. basically an "i don't know what I'm doing, but its heroic so im gonna do it!" type.

well, actually, he knows that the stakes are high and why, but a lot of it is just winging it.
Of course, that sort of thing is what gets him in the deepest trouble most of the time. Not fully understanding the situation, charging in headfirst anyways, and getting easily manipulated or almost killed as a result.

Though it really doesn't help when all his informants are forgetful geezers anyways.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
happy 500 posts

knowing who somebody doesn't mean you're their friend unless you're sora

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Please. Mickey and Aqua know each other for 3 seconds when the battle caption says "fight the unversed with your new friend". They don't even properly talk before that. Srsly.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Please. Mickey and Aqua know each other for 3 seconds when the battle caption says "fight the unversed with your new friend". They don't even properly talk before that. Srsly.

fighting the devil's seed together is a pretty good bonding experience

marshmelloman420

Is it just me or did anyone notice when Mickey said "Follow the hearts, and you'll find the way. That's what Master Aqua told me once." in DDD that that dialogue never happened during BBS? So I'm assuming whatever this conversation was about happened in 0.2? Unless of course we're supposed to assume that conversation happened off screen in BBS. I was playing through BBSFM HD on 2.5 recently and noticed that there is no point in conversation with Aqua during the main story that Mickey says this.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Is it just me or did anyone notice when Mickey said "Follow the hearts, and you'll find the way. That's what Master Aqua told me once." in DDD that that dialogue never happened during BBS? So I'm assuming whatever this conversation was about happened in 0.2?
I think it might be a cause of translation error. In the original Japanese what Mickey says is more along the lines of "Master Aqua taught me that" and it's obviously quite possible for someone to teach you something without saying it verbatim, such as through their actions or values.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
He's alluding to the conversation where Aqua says she'll be able to follow the bond with her heart to find the missing Terra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back