• Spoiler tag your spoilers, please. That includes all unknown content from the DLC that was not shown in trailers or discussed in pre-release interviews.

Why do people mistake Skuld Light brown eyes as amber?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
her eyes are light brown

Look up the characters with brown eyes in KH, apprentice xehanort, Hayner, pence etc.

Her chibi form might be misleading but you can still see it’s light brownFE1BE5DC-08B0-4821-B4C6-2771DCFB8C04.png
6EA6CDCF-3CC5-4EBB-AB7A-FD4E2337D8FC.jpeg

Edit: also Amber eyes in kingdom hearts is usually associated with darkness.

Last edited:

Snowflake:3

Awards
That’s kinda of pretty obvious...
Skuld has honeyish (ish if it makes sense) light Brown color

amber eyes has more Goldish color
4435C6A5-4C80-4E8F-A208-C7BCF24551D4.jpeg

Foxycian

Awards
Lol I was blocked from fandom wiki khux cause I edited the mistake that says Skuld have amber eyes, lol is that person salty or what? he or she still doesn’t mind giving false information and still keeping it edited with Skuld has amber eyes instead of changing it to light brown.

Last edited:

Aqua’sLight

Awards
Wtf!! Looool I was blocked from fandom wiki khux cause I edited the mistake that says Skuld have amber eyes, lol is that person salty or what? I’m only stating facts here but he or she still doesn’t mind giving false information and still lying keeping the edited that Skuld has amber eyes instead of changing it to light brown.
He blocked you for correcting a mistake? Better not get involved with him any further🤦‍♀️

Foxycian

Awards
He blocked you for correcting a mistake? Better not get involved with him any further🤦‍♀️
yea... Blocked me cause i edit it to Light brown instead of Amber, but doesn't matter this topic is more then enough for people to see.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
  • Ninja'd
  • In the Grid
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Fairest of them All
  • Jiminy's Journal
I have seen this claim a few times, usually from people who happen upon either Nomura or Amano's artwork and jump to conclusions. It often stems from the desire for Skuld to be more involved in the story, so they see what they want to believe, like "oh she's got amber eyes like so-and-so, she must be hiding something."

OneDandelion

Awards
are you assuming that amber eyes is the same as being norted? Cause right now it seems like you're all fighting over semantics. Amber and light brown are almost the same thing and you're arguing over what amounts to a difference of a few shades.

Honestly, I never would have associated the yellow eyes of any norted character with 'amber' but to each his own i guess?

personally I would probably side with the wiki here cause it looks to me like her eyes have a touch of orange in them

Foxycian

Awards
are you assuming that amber eyes is the same as being norted? Cause right now it seems like you're all fighting over semantics. Amber and light brown are almost the same thing and you're arguing over what amounts to a difference of a few shades.

Honestly, I never would have associated the yellow eyes of any norted character with 'amber' but to each his own i guess?

personally I would probably side with the wiki here cause it looks to me like her eyes have a touch of orange in them
We are not fighting over which eye color she has, her eyes are light brown I don’t blame anyone for thinking it is amber since those two colors are similar in a way, welp just compare her eye color to pence and hayner,
A32A7BE2-2FB4-4F65-B7F0-D3BB69737693.png

FB0417AD-AFDC-4EB4-9159-2675F4446424.jpeg
BB3F5876-82D8-4590-9038-D5107856A2BF.png
Hayner and pence have always had brown eyes in kh2 but Nomura decided to make it light brown,
Nomura has a thing for eye color and making them stick out the most in his characters features, so even brown eyes are very light looking, you say you side with the wiki but there are 2 wikis one says light brown the other says amber and that was the one I tried to fix.

OneDandelion

Awards
Hayner and pence have always had brown eyes in kh2 but Nomura decided to make it light brown,
Nomura has a thing for eye color and making them stick out the most in his characters features, so even brown eyes are very light looking, you say you side with the wiki but there are 2 wikis one says light brown the other says amber and that was the one I tried to fix.
Sorry, I just don't understand what the point is you're trying to make. It sounds like you want to classify them as light brown for a reason, I just don't get it. Light brown, amber, whatever; why is the distinction important?

I get it if people are saying Skuld is darkness because of her eye color, but I've never heard that argument. I've never heard amber eyes being associated with darkness either. Norted 'yellow' eyes are definitely not amber in color.

Foxycian

Awards
Sorry, I just don't understand what the point is you're trying to make. It sounds like you want to classify them as light brown for a reason, I just don't get it. Light brown, amber, whatever; why is the distinction important?
Ofc it’s important saying their eye color is amber is like saying Sora eye color is green...

Last edited:

OneDandelion

Awards
Ofc it’s important saying their eye color is amber is like saying Sora eye color is green...
no lol trying to distinguish between amber and light brown is like trying to distinguish between Blue and "ocean blue". There are overlapping shades between the two so no one is really wrong here. If you want to be scientific about it find out the html color codes used in each lol but I just don't get the point. Sure, call it light brown if you want I guess. You win.

Foxycian

Awards
no lol trying to distinguish between amber and light brown is like trying to distinguish between Blue and "ocean blue". There are overlapping shades between the two so no one is really wrong here. If you want to be scientific about it find out the html color codes used in each lol but I just don't get the point. Sure, call it light brown if you want I guess. You win.
welp you can consider it whatever color you like then.

Edit: but still her eyes is the same color as hayner and pence and their eyes are brown just a lighter shade, same for Sora and some characters their blue eyes seem bit odd looking so hayner pence and Skuld are not the only one with very odd looking color.

to each their own I guess.

Last edited:

Foxycian

Awards
Is Skuld's eyes being classified as amber really such a big deal?
Yes and no
I guess, but her eyes still brown tho, Nomura always draws amber eyes very Gold looking, while brown at least the most attractive brown color that sticks out is the lighter one.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
  • Ninja'd
  • In the Grid
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Fairest of them All
  • Jiminy's Journal

I get it if people are saying Skuld is darkness because of her eye color, but I've never heard that argument. I've never heard amber eyes being associated with darkness either. Norted 'yellow' eyes are definitely not amber in color.
Actually this one was pretty popular back in the day. Idk if there's been a resurgence that might have spurred OP to make this topic, but quite a number of people believed even amber eyes were associated with darkness (blame DiZ). Kind of like a degree of intensity, going from naturally colored eyes to amber to eventually yellow.

But yeah, in this case, it's just a matter of semantics.

Foxycian

Awards
Well like I said her chibi form is misleading making you think there is an orange tint.

Foxycian

Awards
How? You can literally look at it right in front of you.
Orange
A2135CBF-258A-44D8-857A-291C5ADE52CE.png
Brown^^ (or light brown, either way brown)
D10BDA5E-E3DF-4AC7-9E9A-97D8FA1784E8.png
Maybe now you can see the difference;) I don’t mind lending you my glasses tho