• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Do People Want KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Read the thread's title.

I'd like to know why people want KH3 so ridiculously much, because I honestly don't get it. Everywhere I go on KH forums I find frothy-mouthed, half-crazed fanboys screaming about how much they want KH3, but I really don't understand why. Yes, KH3 will hopefully be a great game, but what makes it sooooo important that it needs to come out immediately? It is going to be the fifth "main game" in the series in terms of pure game scope and content (according to Nomura this includes KH1, KH2, BbS, DDD, and KH3), and the third numbered title. So what? It will likely follow directly in the vein of KH1, KH2, BbS, and DDD, so why is it that fans are rabidly clawing for KH3 and not for DDD? I really don't get it.

Is it because people really think that Sora is that cool of a character, and BbS and Days didn't have enough Sora? I personally found TAV much more interesting than Sora. And even if you really do like Sora, we get Sora in DDD, so it really doesn't explain the problem. Sora was in Re:coded as well, and people didn't whine incessantly about Re:coded taking too long to come out (granted he was Data Sora, but they're virtually the same). Or do people like Sora, Donald, and Goofy together? That typically doesn't happen outside of numbered titles (except for CoM). But, to be completely honest, I've never seen someone who is like "I really want more Donald and Goofy in these games, they're such cool and interesting characters." Typically it's more along the lines of "Donald and Goofy suck balls, it took them five minutes to kill a large body and they're annoying as heck." So, yeah... this doesn't quite add up.

Is it because people think KH3 will be such a fantastic game and such an improvement on its predecessors that it needs to come out ASAP? Because, er, BbS already fills that need, and it's looking like DDD will as well. Plus, since BbS and DDD are being used as testing grounds for new ideas, KH3 should end up even better than it otherwise would. Not to mention that being a numbered title doesn't always mean a game will be fantastic. Look at KH2. Was that worth flipping out about for years on end? Should we have complained about another game coming out after CoM that would deprive us of our precious KH2 for a couple more months? Most would say no (some would say yes, and good for them). This argument just doesn't add up, since DDD and BbS already have the overall scope (new worlds, new gameplay, etc.) and innovation of a main game like KH3.

Is it because KH3 is the conclusion to the Xehanort Saga? Are people that eager to move on? Or is it that people are just drooling over the inevitably epic conclusion to the current saga and the last showdown with Xehanort? If the latter is true, then shouldn't Nomura take as much time as he needs to set up the plot of KH3? He obviously already has the plot of KH3 in his head, so do we really want him to just jump headlong into a game that he hasn't set up for?

What is it that makes people want KH3 so much? I'm genuinely interested and confused.

ChrisP

I think it might be that people believe KH3 will have the whole package and be the best game out of the series since it should be the last game in the Xehanort Saga. Maybe some people also just like Sora, Donald, and Goofy together like you said. I mainly think its just because people see the real main games as the numbered one. I don't know, but I don't care for KH3 coming out so fast. I just want any KH game at this point :p I don't see why people are going so crazy over one game that we only know at the point is a title. Well, I guess thats why we have fanboys XD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, I know that casual gamers who are fans of the series want KH3 because they don't actually realize BBS and DDD are main games.

I honestly can wait for KH3. At the beginning, after KH2, I was antsy for it because we had no idea Nomura was planning to have BBS/Days/coded then DDD and the mystery game that is most likely BBSv2.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Because some fans (who are not really fans if they keep bashing the series) are tired of the side games (really annoyed that people still think BBS is one) and they want the series to move forward with the story.

Xorne

Because people want what they can't have (yet)? I honestly just assume people want it to come in so the Xehanort saga will be finished and we can move on to something else. Possibly because they also want to stop having games for portable systems and get back to the consoles? :)

24Terras

It might possibly have to do with the fact that many of us want to have a ps3 kingdom hearts game. Improved graphics and a quicker and more powerful engine could make Kingdom Hearts a more complete package.

vnnk

People are impatient and do not want to fund a series for the enjoyment they get.

XehanortHeartles

Because is th end of Xehanort Saga and people want to see the resolution.

Also possibly as you say some just like Sora and most likely some fans see the non numbered games as side stories. I agree that games like Coded, Re:Coded are side stories and most likely BBSV2 will be a side story.

But BBS is by no means a side story, neither DDD will be a side story, hell it is the revival of Xehanort and the heroes preparing to fight him.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm also more on the stance that it is a mixture of impatience and wanting to actually move the story forward, not going back to the roots (BBS) or filling "blank time periods" (Days, most likely BBS v2), despite Nomura very early declaring there are additional stories to be told.

Coded moved the story forward, but actually just a little and practically set the stage for the next "preparation"-game.

Another reason may also really be the fact that KH 2 was the last entry on a big console and out of 7 (8 if we count BBS v2) entires only 2 are for a big console, which may tick people off.
Lastly there's also the big time gap that has already opened since KH 2.
I don't know why Versus XIII is taking this friggin' long, but it clearly has harmed the KH series up to now.

Despite all this, I absolutely don't want them to rush KH III, while I say I clearly enjoyed KH 2, I also admit that it has some serious flaws and wasted potential.
And I clearly don't want KH III to become another KH 2, they should take their time for KH III, but then please also concentrate on KH III and don't work on 4 or 5 other games at the same time.

We'll see how FF Versus XIII turns out in the end, and I honestly hope they take all the experience they gained with Versus and put it to good use for the third numbered KH to give the Xehanort Saga a worthy finale.

Awards
Is it because KH3 is the conclusion to the Xehanort Saga? Are people that eager to move on?

That's it, but you're looking at it wrong. It's not an eagerness to move on to a new story, it's an eagerness to see this one end.
For a lot of people, there is no next story. KH3 is it.

If the latter is true, then shouldn't Nomura take as much time as he needs to set up the plot of KH3?

What, you mean not make the plot take another step forward for five years? Having it go backwards, sideways- anywhere but forward?
(Before you say Re:coded was a step forward, we're left at the KH2 prologue- you know, where we were in 2006)

The problem is that all this time has nothing to do with him setting up for the plot of KH3. It's been delaying until that point.
The only game Nomura planned of the latest trio is BbS. Days, coded, they were both spawned out of external interest (Nintendo and Disney wanting him to do games for the DS and cell phone, respectively). So after five years, with two completely filler games and one game that, while on par with a major installment, still only set up for the advancement of the plot, we hear that there are yet another two games before KH3. That's frustrating. Even Nomura knows it. He's not that out of touch.

He obviously already has the plot of KH3 in his head, so do we really want him to just jump headlong into a game that he hasn't set up for?

No, we want him to get started.
But that's not possible with FFvsXIII on his plate. That fact doesn't make the wait any more palatable.

And hasn't set up for? He's had half a decade. Hell, by the time KH3 does come out, it'll probably be close to a decade.

KH3 has become Street Fighter III.

0:28-1:29

We've got the re-releases (Final Mixes, re:CoM/coded), the prequels (Alpha series compared with BbS/BbSv2), and all of the spin offs with recycled content.
Except it was six years between SF2 and SF3.
We'll be lucky if they even start development of KH3 six years after KH2.

Digidude111

To be honset, as much as I know it would be a great move for Square, I really could care less if they make KH3. As long as they make KH games that I find interesting and enjoyable, KH3 can come out in 2080 for all I care. (And in that regard, each game for the most part has done its job.) Plus, if you're given a new game to play, you should be greatful that Nomura's making KH games at all during Versus' development. That's another thing, besides Dream Drop Distance and Birth By Sleep Volume Two to tide me over until KH3's release, I also have Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Type 0, Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection, Final Fantasy XIII-2, and Final Fantasy Versus XIII to look forward to. (Almost all 7 of these other games I'd take over KH3 anyway, I want Versus way more than I want KH3.) I can understand if fans don't care about these games, but I hate that those types of fans keep calling BBS and DDD side games, and don't realize that they can't make KH3 now anyway. Don't blame the handheld games, blame Versus XIII.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
It's really simple. People want to see the end of the Xehanort saga. Alot of people hate to be so deep into a story and then it never gets a conclusion. We want to see how the Xehanort saga ends, we want to see KH on the PS3, and we want to stop the constant release of all the side games (And before anyone says anything, I KNOW BBS is a main game and is considered to be KH0)

Ikkin

Bronze Member
A lot of the people who I see that are most obsessed with KH3 seem to hate complexity on principle, and somehow have convinced themselves that the series will somehow magically go back in the direction that KH1 took once they get to another numbered title.

And then some people just want to see the series finally go back to consoles instead of constantly being forced onto underpowered systems with sub-optimal control schemes. (Heck, I'd take a dual-release BbS Vol. 2 with a 544p NGP port and dual analog controls >_> )

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I'm going to put it as plain and simple as I can describe it.
So we stop getting so many truckin multiplatform spinoffs. Seriously, we do NOT need BBSV2. All it's going to do is convolute the plot even further than it already is. I would just like KH3 so there's at least some sort of closure.

KHHacker6595

Ok heres what it is for me. Go get your Kingdom Hearts I or Kingdom Hearts II game and play from beginning to end. Those games are epic, the amount of things going on, the world resting in the hands of sora, donald, and goofy to stop Malificent and the Villains or Organization XIII. Those games have so much going on in them, there drowned in characters and events, but manage to make them all connect in a good way. I want to watch and play an epic HD Kingdom Hearts game that manages to satisfy all of these things ive mentioned on my PS3. And the only Kingdom Hearts game that i can possibly think of that can do this is Kingdom Hearts III. KH BBS is great but barely has any characters in it, the worlds are empty, the story is good but crammed on a portable device, and makes me go out and buy a gaming system for it. the same for Days and Re:Coded. None of these games even had that epic feel that im talking about, maybe BBS, but nothing on the level of KHI or especially KHII. dont get me wrong i still think KHI is the best game but II is a lot more epic in turns of story, gameplay, and the overall scale of things.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I just want closure and a story that will wrap everything up in a shinny package.

whodeany

The reason?
As far as I am concerned, i've been playing kingdom hearts since the first one was released. Thats a LONG time. I want the damn story to end. I love the series and all, but I just want to see Sora and co. get the closure of having finally saved the universe for good.

And incase you wonder, I am very opposed to Nomura continuing the series after kh3. Unless he can find a legitimate reason for me to continue to care, its gonna be hard to reel me back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back