• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why do you play Kingdom Hearts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Why do you play Kingdom Hearts?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
This applies to Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts II, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, Birth by Sleep, 358/2 Days, Coded, and the Final Mixes.

EDIT: Keep in mind, this thread isn't about what made you buy Kingdom Hearts. I believe there's another thread for that.

I originally was going to boil this down to Story or Gameplay, but decided to add "other" in case there's another popular reason, such as art.

Why do you play Kingdom Hearts? What's the one thing that stands out most to you? Sure many of us probably want to say both story and gameplay, but if you had to boil it down to one, what would it be?

So far for me, it's been gameplay. Moreso for Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II. While CoM was more for story and Re:CoM was for the new experience, but overall I play Kingdom Hearts for the gameplay. Playing because of the characters did come close when Organization XIII appeared (they were mainly emphasized to me when Final Mix and Final Mix+ came out), and they're probably the reason my enjoyment of the Kingdom Hearts series skyrocketed. I also started playing due to the Final Fantasy characters interacting in a new universe, especially Sephiroth, but then it grew as I played more, though I believe another thread covers that subject.

While I love the story to death and I believe Kingdom Hearts is amazing in both areas, the gameplay is what really makes it enjoyable for me. The gameplay for Kingdom Hearts II was probably the most enjoyable of them all due to how indepth it got, though it was made too easy because of that, and many players didn't understand how in depth the gameplay was, though luckily Final Mix+ changed that. I haven't played many games with the gameplay the Kingdom Hearts series has, as I was into Final Fantasy before Kingdom Hearts, and these days the text-based take-turn battles don't seem thrilling at all.

As for the future releases, while of course I am playing it for nearly every positive reason imaginable, I'm probably going to play 358/2 Days moreso for the story since I can't see the gameplay being all that amazing, though I hope to death I'm wrong. Birth by Sleep looks like it will have the best gameplay out of the three, while Coded's gameplay doesn't interest me at all.

What about you?

Last edited:

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Because the cover looked nice. The first game I bought with my new PS2, then.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Mostly for the story, just to see how it pans out. The Gameplay is alright, (although it goes CoM>KH1>KH2)

But yeah, I play mostly for the story.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
It love the storyline!!! I love video games with good storylines!!! Plus, KH is just so darn awesome!!!!:)

Radon

mofo
KH- Saw a comercial for a game with every disney character in it.
CoM- It was a sequel for KH on the shelf, had to buy it.
KH2- Like CoM, a sequel to a game that was my all time favourite.

But i guess i like it for the plot over gameplay. but thats not to say that i dont like the gameplay, it was easy to use because i was only 8. CoM, *puts on helmet*, i didnt even think the story was all that great let alone the gameplay. the world were as pointless as possible and the CO bits were just damn confusing.

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
personally for the story only cause i really get interested into it plot of them game. seeing how its only gotten even maturer in kh2 definently caught my attention.

but strictly from the point of a gamer, the gameplay for sure is good. i agree that turn based fighting games are good, but slowly losing my interest since its repetetive, unlike kh games which get u more involved in the actual fight.

Radon

mofo
personally for the story only cause i really get interested into it plot of them game. seeing how its only gotten even maturer in kh2 definently caught my attention.

but strictly from the point of a gamer, the gameplay for sure is good. i agree that turn based fighting games are good, but slowly losing my interest since its repetetive, unlike kh games which get u more involved in the actual fight.

Blah! i cant stand turned based fighting games. it just feels so boring. thats also why i like KH. it has RPG elements without being so god damn boring.

Shade737

Silver Member
It felt so different when compared to other games that I've played. It had a different kind of story it had a different feel and it had a different gameplay and its Disney involvement kept me interested since I was curious as to how they would pull it off.

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
Blah! i cant stand turned based fighting games. it just feels so boring. thats also why i like KH. it has RPG elements without being so god damn boring.

o ya, i can see where ur coming from. i may play them here and there, but repeatedly moving the analog stick thru a list of commands and pushing the A/X button here and there jus cant hold my attention for too long. like i said, i play games for story so SE keeps getting me to buy turn based games (those sneaks) :$

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I found out about KH by my neighbor, I was a big Disney fan, so he recomended it to me. I play it for storyline and for Disney and FF characters.(KH characters too, but mainly the Org.)

Last edited:

Shadowlight

I liked the graphics.
The story for the first one was one of the best I've ever seen.
Gameplay is good.
In depth character personalities with great character designs.
It combined to different things into something unheard of before.

Good morals. Light and darkness scenarios.
Not a typical fighting exploration game. It lets you think.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The story, the characters (mostly the Organization), and the Disney Worlds (when they are done right *glares at KHII*).

zero000

the storyline is amazing and the gameplay is just great.....i mean how many people do u know can make a game with both disney characters and final fantasy characters....its jus amazing

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Big fan of Square is one of the reasons I got it, but the story repeated in a way though. I like mainly cause of the weapons I thought that the Keyblade was a very cool thing it is probaly a stupid reason and there are other reasons I like it and play it but I just can't think know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back