• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does everyone think days was such a bad game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zulkir

well. if days is such a bad game, make a better one, I'm serious, get off the computer, and go design a better kingdom hearts game for the Nintendo DS.

Does a food critic build a restaurant after pointing out that the food sucks? No, we don't need to be game designers to criticize Days, anyone can see its crappy design just by comparing it to other KH games.

I can appreciate any game, deep story,detailed graphics, voice acting, is all a luxury.
Here's a cookie.

When people bash on a game like days, for stuuupid reasons like Xion, and repetitive missions are just idiots.
Welcome to differing opinions, it's just as valid for me to simply say everyone who likes days does so for stupid reasons and is an idiot.

The missions weren't THAT repetitive.
To you, glad you found something good in them.

Xion was a breath of fresh air in days, I mean seriously..without her there would of been NO new faces.
What new face?

KairiXion.jpg

It had it's faults sure, no game is perfect..but the hate that days gets is borderline retarded, if you're a kingdom hearts fan you're definitely going to buy it, as well as all the other games in the series, if you don't like a game.
I'm a KH fan because KH was good, not because it's called "Kingdom Hearts". Being a "Kingdom Hearts fan" means you generally like the series, if the series begins to suck and your logic is "but if you were a REAL fan you'd still buy the games!" that's blind fantardism.

FINE. but you Don't have to let everyone on the internet know, we don't care, simply don't play it.
We aren't letting everyone know, you could have just never stepped into this thread and you wouldn't have seen the Days hate. We are letting the OP know, you know...because he asked us?

Q:why does everyone think days was such a bad game?

A:because they aren't real gamers.
So what are they then? Fake gamers? Get over yourself.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
Days started to get boring for me. The plot moved too slow, and I don't like how most of it was centered around a character that's only in for one game. Days should have focused more on the real Organization characters. I don't like how Lexaeus, Luxord, and Demyx still don't get some proper character background development. They're pretty much two-dimensional.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Does a food critic build a restaurant after pointing out that the food sucks? No, we don't need to be game designers to criticize Days, anyone can see its crappy design just by comparing it to other KH games.

They should!

Here's a cookie.
no thanks, I'm Diabetic.

Welcome to differing opinions, it's just as valid for me to simply say everyone who likes days does so for stupid reasons and is an idiot.
liking a game and sharing your like with others makes for a great conversation, hearing someone bashing and complaining about a game is rather annoying.

To you, glad you found something good in them.
yeah, the gameplay.

What new face?

KairiXion.jpg
not literally -_-t. I meant a new character.

I'm a KH fan because KH was good, not because it's called "Kingdom Hearts". Being a "Kingdom Hearts fan" means you generally like the series, if the series begins to suck and your logic is "but if you were a REAL fan you'd still buy the games!" that's blind fantardism.
that's the POINT..I don't think any of them are bad games. But even if I did, I wouldn't gripe and moan on a kingdom hearts forum about it. I also like every Legend of Zelda game ever made..except two of them that aren't REAL Zelda games...but I NEVER talk about them.(except back there)

We aren't letting everyone know, you could have just never stepped into this thread and you wouldn't have seen the Days hate. We are letting the OP know, you know...because he asked us?
If only he knew what he was in for. I bet all the days haters ejaculated all over there selves, ready to feed him a bunch of garbo reasons to hate it. I could probably easily find stuff to complain about in ANY video game, I stepped into this thread to give him an answer, and to let the days haters hear what I had to say.

So what are they then? Fake gamers? Get over yourself.
not even that. More like whinny douche bags.

Last edited:
A

Artorius Rex

Really fake gamers? Me thinks you're more of a KH fan if you think that Nomura and his cronies in some way or another are not doing the story justice.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
One word: Xion. Xion = Days Plot. If you don't like Xion, you won't like Days.
Also, repetitive missions. But mostly Xion.

I thought the beginning was nice, got into the Org and Roxas and all that. New character was introduced and became his friend. Instead of shedding new development on the Org and Roxas..ect, the entire game started vortexing around Xion's mope-a-thon.

Eventually we realize everything in Days was forgotten, so it was pretty much like "Nomura: Y'all just got trolled"

Plus "Mission-->Ice Cream---->Mission---->Ice Cream---->Mission----->'but who will I eat ice cream with?" does not a good plot make.

This describes it pretty much perfectly.

well. if days is such a bad game, make a better one, I'm serious, get off the computer, and go design a better kingdom hearts game for the Nintendo DS.

Don't have to; better games for the DS already exist. :,D

I can appreciate any game, deep story,detailed graphics, voice acting, is all a luxury.

Good for you. We also can appreciate any game. That doesn't mean we have to appreciate EVERY game.

When people bash on a game like days, for stuuupid reasons like Xion, and repetitive missions are just idiots.

No, we have different opinions. We have our likes and dislikes, and you have your likes and dislikes. We're allowed to have that, we're allowed to not like something. That's because we're all HUMAN, and we're all DIFFERENT. We have DIFFERENT tastes and preferences. We're not idiots just because we don't conform to your close-minded standards.

The missions weren't THAT repetitive.

In YOUR opinion, they weren't. In the opinion of others, however, they were.

Xion was a breath of fresh air in days, I mean seriously..without her there would of been NO new faces.

So? Does there HAVE to be new faces in order for a game to be good?

It had it's faults sure, no game is perfect..but the hate that days gets is borderline retarded,

No, it's showing that the community thought it sucked. That doesn't mean it did suck, just that a lot of people share the opinion that it did. They have the right to dislike what they want, too.

if you're a kingdom hearts fan you're definitely going to buy it, as well as all the other games in the series,

I did buy it. Then I sold it. :3

if you don't like a game. FINE. but you Don't have to let everyone on the internet know, we don't care, simply don't play it.

If you're allowed to express your love for something, we can express our hate for it.

So, real gamers aren't allowed to have preferences? They HAVE to like EVERY f*cking game in existence? Or do they have to just like Days because YOU say so? Way to be open-minded.

They should!

Well, that's not how it works. You don't need to create something better in order to criticize something. You just have like or dislike something, which is a trait we ALL have, whether you like it or not.
How about movies or shows you don't like? Go out there and make a better movie or show than the ones you don't like!

liking a game and sharing your like with others makes for a great conversation, hearing someone bashing and complaining about a game is rather annoying.

So is listening to someone bash and insult REAL PEOPLE over a GAME. That, too, is annoying, not to mention degrading and downright rude. At least we don't call you idiots or retards just because you like something we hate.

yeah, the gameplay.

I, too, found the gameplay interesting. That was about it.

not literally -_-t. I meant a new character.

Xion = Sora, Roxas, and Kairi
What new character?

that's the POINT..I don't think any of them are bad games. But even if I did, I wouldn't gripe and moan on a kingdom hearts forum about it. I also like every Legend of Zelda game ever made..except two of them that aren't REAL Zelda games...but I NEVER talk about them.(except back there)

So the only opinions allowed to be publicly shared are positive ones? What's wrong with criticism? And ranting is a good thing; it lets off some steam with people who share the same opinion so that we don't do so in a place that's less appropriate. That's why we have hate clubs.

If only he knew what he was in for. I bet all the days haters ejaculated all over there selves, ready to feed him a bunch of garbo reasons to hate it. I could probably easily find stuff to complain about in ANY video game, I stepped into this thread to give him an answer, and to let the days haters hear what I had to say.

I didn't. My post (until I saw your post, that is) was very short, and I didn't plan on continuing the discussion after my initial post.

not even that. More like whinny douche bags.

See? Another fan insulting us over a GAME. And the HATERS are the ones out of line here? WE'RE the ones who are idiots, and whiny douche bags when it's fans like you that are whining over haters?
I'm with Zulkir, get over yourself. :/

Last edited:

Allister Rose

French Lover
The fact that you have to depend on a character to like a game is really why 358/2 Days fails completely.

it's ok if it focus on one character as long as that character is the main palyable one in the story. the problem with it was that all of it was through Roxas's, it would have been great if it was interchangable to get more insight onher and see her more as a character than just a plot device.

plus i kind of think this made the organization seem even less of a villain..to rely on a replica off of sora's memoreis was kind of dumb. i mean yes it would've been a good idea if roxas wasn't around, but he was and xion is basically was influenced roxas to leave (which i liked kh2's implications of why he left better).

the gameplay is what mainly get people uninterested though...the constant repetitive missons that were mainly necessary to move onto the story made it tiring to go on. sure there were some story related missions with xion and axel that made it bareable but when roxas was with a random organization member other than those two the story got dull.

the lack of scenes in theatre mode also make it hard for us to replay the story without wanting to restart the game. the scenes were even lacking quality and most importantly "free roam".

kh 358/2 days had a good story but could've focused more on ora and some of these things are more based on technical issues which leads me to believe this would've been much better on the PSP (or 3ds)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
whine whine whine

Don't tell me you're another one of those high-and-mighty types because you think blindly accepting everything you're spoonfed with the SE label on it makes you a real fan, or not feeling dislike for anything somehow makes you morally superior.

Guess what: if you don't understand something fully, flaws and all, then your love isn't worth jack shit. How can you love something if you don't even understand what it is?

And if you defend your right to give an opinion, then getting uptight about other people giving opinions makes you look pretty silly. I mean, hypothetically I might think your opinion is so worthless you may as well never have typed it up, and yet I wouldn't say that. This is a discussion thread on a discussion board after all.

Hayley Williams

Warning: Contains Spoilers for BBS and I can't figure out Spoiler Tags, read at own risk

It wasn't necessarily bad, but it was not good.

-Missions. Everyone of them aside from the last three with was Saix, Xion, and Riku you could find on another world. Plus the missions weren't even all that fun, kill x number of heartless, etc. That is not Kingdom Hearts, had Roxas been going world to world and completing a story line, then yes that would have been Kingdom Hearts.

-Organization XIII. It did nothing for the background of Organization XIII. Even being a "fanboy" of Roxas, it did almost nothing to bump his back story that we didn't already know. The other 12 got almost nothing, other than Axel's real name which we would have know in BBS anyway.

-Xemnas - Oh Xemnas has a hidden agenda to become God of the worlds (secret reports in the journal), not anything we didn't already know. He was looking for the Chamber of Waking in Castle Oblivion,
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show
, and still didn't find it as we already knew in KH2FM+

-Xion - added nothing to the story other than being the first major character to "die" in the series, fueling the fire to make Roxas return to The World That Never Was, giving Roxas a second Keyblade (which he probably could have came into on his own anyway), and confirming that the original 6 knew of Terra, Aqua, and Ventus (which we knew about in BBS). Oh and stealing the story.

Panels - That was the most annoying thing ever. It was like Tetris in Kingdom Hearts, what the heck man?

In short, all it did was fill in the time between 1, CoM, and 2 for Roxas and what the Organization was up to during that period and not very well.

Last edited:

Radar

Bronze Member
I guess I'll give my input here

I honestly wasnt all that annoyed by Days. I remember hyping alot about if because it featured a "14th Member" omg whats goin on right?

It shedded light on Roxas side of the story, even if people think it was boring and repetitive. I loved seeing Roxas' emotions, especially with everything that was going on near the end. He was confused, he wanted to protect his friends, etc

The missions: yeah some of them were boring or whatever but at least they tried to do something semi-new to a KH game. I liked that.

As for Xion, like I allready said I was really excited about her charecter and I wasnt really dissapointed in the end. I just wanted to know WHAT she was, and after I found out it was a little bit of a let-down, but at the same time a surprise that I never wouldve figured out.

I liked Days for those reasons. I could empathize with the charecters in certain times, and its just a special game for me. I dont care what other people say, if they dont like the game they dont like it. Who cares, its a game. I will say however that I have almost had it with the face swaps.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
it's ok if it focus on one character as long as that character is the main palyable one in the story. the problem with it was that all of it was through Roxas's, it would have been great if it was interchangable to get more insight onher and see her more as a character than just a plot device.

I think we had enough of Xion, I don't know what you're talking about. Lord knows if you try reading the 358/2 Days novels, which makes it so much worse. We saw more insight when it came to her than anything or anyone else. Technically, 358/2 Days was Xion's game; Roxas was just the camera for it and slapped with the "main character" when he obviously wasn't. He didn't do jack shit to be considered anything above a supporting, minimal person who we really just see complain and question things while still sitting and eating ice cream. Oh, yeah. And wonder what Xion's doing that time of day.

It wasn't that she was just a plot device, because she even fails at that. It's just that she was executed horribly and terribly, and therefore, it affected the whole game for the purpose of fitting her into a midquel without contradicting things that was best left alone. We needed Xion to finish the whole year? Let's have Diz sit back and relax until the full 365 days are over, saying he was going to act on it the moment he found out from Naminé, and yet, he doesn't until the very end when Xion already decided to sacrifice herself. Have Riku abandon a comatose Sora and let his clone roam around, knowing how important and crucial it is for everything to return, for the whole game. Have all the days spent in the Organization doing nothing until Xion decides to run away and discover herself. And then nothing to do until she does it again. Xemnas, will be explained below.

plus i kind of think this made the organization seem even less of a villain..to rely on a replica off of sora's memoreis was kind of dumb. i mean yes it would've been a good idea if roxas wasn't around, but he was and xion is basically was influenced roxas to leave (which i liked kh2's implications of why he left better).

Completely stupid - on purpose. And it all falls on Xemnas. I mean, for being a highly intelligent scientist, he's much more of a dumbass than Roxas. All the characters, actually, just went into a weird twist, and they didn't return to normalcy until Xion died. There were many red alerts to give off that using a replica was not going to work:

- Riku Replica was the second, and Xion was the first. If number two in line acted by his own volition and feelings, what makes anyone think that Xion won't either? "She" might be some IT doll without a sex that takes forms to whatever anyone sees it as, but they are made from the same process and planning with only a minor difference.
- Speaking of that, you would think they would be more doubtful due to what happened in CO, if reports were gotten in.
- Letting her run free with Riku, of all people, who's siding with Diz. WTF?
- She's apparently questioning everything throughout the whole story, making a very good show of it to everyone, and for Xemnas to see this and thinks it's going to be okay it's just like...whoa.

The whole thing just gives me a headache. How can a supposed mastermind be this ridiculous? Especially when he wasn't like this before.

the gameplay is what mainly get people uninterested though...the constant repetitive missons that were mainly necessary to move onto the story made it tiring to go on. sure there were some story related missions with xion and axel that made it bareable but when roxas was with a random organization member other than those two the story got dull.

I actually liked the game play; it was one of the good things that came out of Days.

the lack of scenes in theatre mode also make it hard for us to replay the story without wanting to restart the game. the scenes were even lacking quality and most importantly "free roam".

I don't really mind. Once we get to the Challenge missions, you see the scenes again plenty to get tired of them.

kh 358/2 days had a good story but could've focused more on ora and some of these things are more based on technical issues which leads me to believe this would've been much better on the PSP (or 3ds)

I wish people would stop blaming the DS capacity as an excuse for 358/2 Days sucking. No other DS game met the same fate with the same technology, with the most prominent being TWEWY. CoM itself was on a freaking GBA and it delivered in story and characters, and well balanced screen time.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
ok, i'll go kill myself XD

I was just annoyed when I typed all that, because I was sick of all the days bashing.i had a feeling people would brutally rape everything I said and hand it back to me.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I actually liked the game play; it was one of the good things that came out of Days.

I don't really mind. Once we get to the Challenge missions, you see the scenes again plenty to get tired of them.

I wish people would stop blaming the DS capacity as an excuse for 358/2 Days sucking. No other DS game met the same fate with the same technology, with the most prominent being TWEWY. CoM itself was on a freaking GBA and it delivered in story and characters, and well balanced screen time.
1.it's not the gameplay that's bad, it's the missions themsevles that get you uninterested. Sure it's fun to walk around and stuff and cast spells, but there wasn't enough free roam

2.Even in challenge mode there were certain scenes that you couldn't see. the scenes in-between the days of missions were missed. and most likely they get tiring is because their hardly is any voicing.

3. problem is that it could've had more (unlike COM and TWEWY where they met their potential + COM was remade into PS2). this proves the DS can't have a big theatre mode like the PSP can (BBS had every cutscene voiced.) Plus we could pause on some cutscenes unlike the DS where if you close the DS it continues to play and if you press A the scene will be skipped. some of the stuff were very basic on the DS. no analog stick proved really annoying when you want to move in a specific spot and made fighting super hard bosses even harder to avoid their attacks.

Ewar

The main problem was Nomura wrote himself into a hole: he had a game to fill in a year of roxas at the organisation, but it couldn't change the status quo, because it'd be immediately followed by KH2, which he couldn't change at that point, which is why the plot has so little impact. Hell, I enjoyed quite a few parts of it, but it was the middle that really dragged it down. The first part was enjoyable, but then there was like, over a hundred missions that were repeating the same few moulds over and over and over. The last few days of it, when the plot actually starts again, I enjoyed loads. Beating down Saix? Awesome. Xion's boss fight? Very enjoyable. Playing through Deep Dive? Sweet.

The problem is that it could've been so much more, even with its meager DS capacity. There's like, 18 playable characters in it, or thereabouts. And yet if we want to play anyone but Roxas, we had to use mission mode. Keeping the plot vaguely as it was, but splitting the missions and screentime between the members, would've been much, much more preferable. It would've made it so much less repetative, and we could've got some more backstory on the organisation members.

Its not a bad game; in some parts, its quite a good game. But its got a giant chunk of boring in the middle which seriously brings it down, and a lot of lost potential.

Oh, and obviously, "But who will I eat ice-cream with?" ¬_¬

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
The main problem was Nomura wrote himself into a hole: he had a game to fill in a year of roxas at the organisation, but it couldn't change the status quo, because it'd be immediately followed by KH2, which he couldn't change at that point, which is why the plot has so little impact. Hell, I enjoyed quite a few parts of it, but it was the middle that really dragged it down. The first part was enjoyable, but then there was like, over a hundred missions that were repeating the same few moulds over and over and over. The last few days of it, when the plot actually starts again, I enjoyed loads. Beating down Saix? Awesome. Xion's boss fight? Very enjoyable. Playing through Deep Dive? Sweet.

The problem is that it could've been so much more, even with its meager DS capacity. There's like, 18 playable characters in it, or thereabouts. And yet if we want to play anyone but Roxas, we had to use mission mode. 1.Keeping the plot vaguely as it was, but splitting the missions and screentime between the members, would've been much, much more preferable. It would've made it so much less repetative, and we could've got some more backstory on the organisation members.

Its not a bad game; in some parts, its quite a good game. But its got a giant chunk of boring in the middle which seriously brings it down, and a lot of lost potential.

Oh, and obviously, .2"But who will I eat ice-cream with?" ¬_¬

1.lol that would of been awesome!

2.but the "who will I eat Icecream with?" was just Roxas' interpretation of a friend, seeing as Roxas and Axel weren't really "friends" after he left the organization,all he had was Xion. "who else will I be friends with?" is what he sorta said.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
The main problem was Nomura wrote himself into a hole: he had a game to fill in a year of roxas at the organisation, but it couldn't change the status quo, because it'd be immediately followed by KH2, which he couldn't change at that point, which is why the plot has so little impact.

But Nomura loves making remakes! Why would he not make a remake of Days with someone other than Kanemaki as the plot writer?

The problem is that it could've been so much more, even with its meager DS capacity. There's like, 18 playable characters in it, or thereabouts. And yet if we want to play anyone but Roxas, we had to use mission mode.

I really didn't like that that was how they had it. I originally had the impression that multiplayer was to be available in the campaign (a bit unrealistic in hindsight), but still, over 13 playable characters (with the goal of fleshing most of them out) and only one playable character in the campaign? WTF.

Keeping the plot vaguely as it was, but splitting the missions and screentime between the members, would've been much, much more preferable. It would've made it so much less repetative, and we could've got some more backstory on the organisation members.

Yes! This could have made the plot make much more sense. I mean, they could have had Demyx's missions be all recon ones, and we could have seen all the active member's roles first hand. Also, there came a time when I questioned why they would allow Roxas, a new-born Nobody and new member, recon and do anything other than collecting hearts... I mean, really... what was the logic in that?

I still do not hate the game, but I see it as the worst out of all of them. It's not even a part of the main series (it's arguably the only spin off/side game so far), and if it was anything other than that, I'd hate it with a burning passion like none other.

Oh, and obviously, "But who will I eat ice-cream with?" ¬_¬

I'll agree with Ovafaze on this one. Roxas didn't know what a friend was. He probably didn't in KH2, either. But he understood that friends hang out with each other, and he was asking who would be his friend after Xion died.

I think the writing could have been a bit better for demonstrating that he had zero understanding on what a real friend was. But it was kind of cute the way they poorly wrote it.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
well. if days is such a bad game, make a better one, I'm serious, get off the computer, and go design a better kingdom hearts game for the Nintendo DS. I can appreciate any game, deep story,detailed graphics, voice acting, is all a luxury. When people bash on a game like days, for stuuupid reasons like Xion, and repetitive missions are just idiots. The missions weren't THAT repetitive. Xion was a breath of fresh air in days, I mean seriously..without her there would of been NO new faces. It had it's faults sure, no game is perfect..but the hate that days gets is borderline retarded, if you're a kingdom hearts fan you're definitely going to buy it, as well as all the other games in the series, if you don't like a game. FINE. but you Don't have to let everyone on the internet know, we don't care, simply don't play it.

(Claps)

Well said, I like days and I like Xion. The Missioons were fun to play and so what it goes to mission to ice cream, the ice cream is more of a symbol of their friendship and how they would always be like this, no matter what. But sadly, the Fandom has lost why we play video games and watch TV: To have fun. Now today, I can't go five sites without something bashing modern disney.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

You might as well tell someone who doesn't like the same bands you do to go out and make their own music. You don't have to be in game design to see it's a bad game, just like you don't have to be a musician to know that someone's music is bad.

She *was* a breath of fresh air until the game ended up being all about her and not Roxas, who was supposed to be the focus of the game. We were wondering what Roxas was doing in that time gap between CoM and KH2, not Xion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back