• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does green often go with red and blue as a three-color combination?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NovaDragon

Awards
Here's are two examples:
6fa135e436fe4a405b8da402621b8be9.jpeg.bbdcb1f0149d059054666914a854e178.jpeg
FloraFaunaMerryweather.jpg.0aa96e4fa19592970f34de914eb95956.jpg

Wouldn't it make more sense for yellow to go along with red and blue as a trio than green, red, blue do since yellow, red, and blue are all primary colors?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Red, blue, and green are technically the primary colors but most people today consider red, blue, and yellow as the primary colors due to paint pigmentation and aesthetics.

Also, I assume making a nice yellow with old animation style might've been difficult or something.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
It's probably just paying homage to RBG color model. In the modern day, the digital world can rip apart an image into those three values, super-impose them on top of each other, and get a complete image. Far as an aesthetic showing them synonymously at the same time, the same example is true of KH1's trio. Likely a purposeful choice in those old films.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
At least in KH, they try to mix green and yellow together. I mean, Snow White's station (SW's dress being yellow, everything else being green); Goofy having yellow pants with green shirt; Ventus having yellow hair and a little yellow on the armor alongside the green Wayfinder.

It's interesting that with the SRK trio, Kairi sort of has the green slot, but they invert it by making her dominant color purple (opposite of green). Of course, these days she's more in pink, I guess.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What I wanna know is why is it that Red always beats Green, Green beats Blue, and Blue always beats Red? UX, FE Heroes, SSBU, and starter Pokemon all follow this pattern.

314Dec

Awards
Website
ai4free.ai
because these are 3 main colours from which all other colors can and are made. ever heard about RGB panel in TV, video editing, design or anything related to visual. Basically Red, Green and Blue are primary colours same as FB, Insta and Twitter are primary social media networks and others are just derivatives from them

Back