• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does Mickey call Terra his friend?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
They never met in BBS. As a matter of fact Mickey has no idea how Terra even looks. Struck me as odd.

Thoughts?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
It could be that Mickey's just taking this real personally, but I think this is one instance where we can just say "Whoops, plot hole." :/

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I just took it as "The friend of my friends must be my friend, too" sort of deal. He was important to Ventus and Aqua, so therefore he must be worth saving.

That being said, I do wish that they actually interacted in Birth by Sleep. It didn't even have to be long, just Terra asking where Yen Sid was and if Mickey was one of his students and Mickey answering those only for the star shard to whisk him away.

Samhain

Bronze Member
I think they didnt have Mickey talk with Terra because itd be a huge plot hole because in KH2 we see a flashback with Mickey meeting AX and he looks exactly like Terra, and hed notice that this apprentice looks like Terra, and his name is Xehanort. Dead giveaway

Then again Mickey did notice AX was suspicious and he told AtW to check his lab and thats when AtW finds about AX and the apprentices so its possible the name Xehanort trigged Mickey to have suspicion on AX

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Well, King Mickey and Terra never really met or had a discussion, Terra only saw King Mickey fly off because of the Star Shard taking him to Ventus who needed help defeating Vanitas the first time in the Badlands. But you know how it works... King Mickey befriended Ventus and Aqua, heard about Terra, knew how much Terra means for Ven and Aqua, so Terra became important to King Mickey too. Ven's and Aqua's friends are King Mickey's friends too, automatically. It's not the first time we see this way of thinking in this series with oh-so-many lovely friendships~~
Perhaps that's really the answer, and there's nothing more about why King Mickey considers Terra his friend :/

Some guy

I just took it as "The friend of my friends must be my friend, too" sort of deal. He was important to Ventus and Aqua, so therefore he must be worth saving.
This.

Also Mickey heard about Terra in Aqua's ending, at the mysterious tower (Maybe I'm forgetting some instance prior to this).
Mickey: Ven has two lights to guide him (... or something)
Aqua: No, three lights (... or something)

I guess he just asked Yen Sid afterwards (he had 11 years to do so).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This.

Also Mickey heard about Terra in Aqua's ending, at the mysterious tower (Maybe I'm forgetting some instance prior to this).
Mickey: Ven has two lights to guide him (... or something)
Aqua: No, three lights (... or something)

I guess he just asked Yen Sid afterwards (he had 11 years to do so).

Exactly.

Furthermore, in this area, Mickey is almost like Sora in that he considers the friends of his friends also as his own friends.
In the eleven years between BBS and the end of Coded/DDD, Mickey was constantly searching for all three of the BBS trio besides his other duties, not only two of them as he clearly states during the secret ending of Coded.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Exactly.

Furthermore, in this area, Mickey is almost like Sora in that he considers the friends of his friends also as his own friends.
In the eleven years between BBS and the end of Coded/DDD, Mickey was constantly searching for all three of the BBS trio besides his other duties, not only two of them as he clearly states during the secret ending of Coded.
In those 11 years youre telling meMickey couldnt find the keyblade graveyard and meet LW? Its a little far fetched dont you think? Ven and Aqua is understandable. Ven is in ahidden Room in CO, while Aqua is in RoD which is huge

How were they unable to find LW? Hes been chilling in the same spot for 11 years lol

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yeah, there really is no reason why mickey should think of terra as a friend. Ven and aqua, I could understand despite their limited interactions but why terra?

Personally, i just consider it crappy writing

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
In those 11 years youre telling meMickey couldnt find the keyblade graveyard and meet LW? Its a little far fetched dont you think? Ven and Aqua is understandable. Ven is in ahidden Room in CO, while Aqua is in RoD which is huge

How were they unable to find LW? Hes been chilling in the same spot for 11 years lol

Mickey had no incentive to go back to the Keyblade Graveyard as that was the first place he and Yen Sid searched, Yen Sid explicitly says in BBS that there was "no sign of Terra".
Not to mention that Mickey could have found the LW and simply didn't make anything of it. As you yourself pointed out, Mickey doesn't know how Terra looks like.
Even in KH2 FM when Sora and co go through that door the area of the badlands is at first empty, the LW only appearing in a swirl of dust some moments later.
It's also possible that Mickey did search Keyblade Graveyard and the LW was simply not present/didn't show itself to him.
And before the question comes as to why the LW would appear to Sora and not to Mickey:
Sora not only had Ven's heart (which the LW only noticed after nearly beating the crap out of him), he also has the Keyblade that was originally "created" for Riku by Terra performing the ceremony for him, so the LW reacted to the Keyblade its own creator originally granted to someone, noticing that it wasn't the person its creator initially chose.

Furthermore, finding the LW would help both Mickey and Yen Sid actually zero in locating or helping Terra.
The LW is nothing but a pile of metal animated by some left over thoughts, like an ancient robot/machine that's still following the programming instilled in it at the time of its making.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Mickey had no incentive to go back to the Keyblade Graveyard as that was the first place he and Yen Sid searched, Yen Sid explicitly says in BBS that there was "no sign of Terra".
Not to mention that Mickey could have found the LW and simply didn't make anything of it. As you yourself pointed out, Mickey doesn't know how Terra looks like.
Even in KH2 FM when Sora and co go through that door the area of the badlands is at first empty, the LW only appearing in a swirl of dust some moments later.
It's also possible that Mickey did search Keyblade Graveyard and the LW was simply not present/didn't show itself to him.
And before the question comes as to why the LW would appear to Sora and not to Mickey:
Sora not only had Ven's heart (which the LW only noticed after nearly beating the crap out of him), he also has the Keyblade that was originally "created" for Riku by Terra performing the ceremony for him, so the LW reacted to the Keyblade its own creator originally granted to someone, noticing that it wasn't the person its creator initially chose.

Furthermore, finding the LW would help both Mickey and Yen Sid actually zero in locating or helping Terra.
The LW is nothing but a pile of metal animated by some left over thoughts, like an ancient robot/machine that's still following the programming instilled in it at the time of its making.
I guess that makes since

So if they knocked LW helmet off would we see anything? lol

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I guess that makes since

So if they knocked LW helmet off would we see anything? lol

Nope, there is nothing to show.

Do you know the Disney movie "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" where Angela Lansbury plays a witch in WW II Britain?
In the finale of that movie, Lansbury brings a museum of displayed old medieval knight armors to "life" via magic to fight some Nazi soldiers.
When one loses its helmet there's just air (one of the knights gets riddled with bullets from a german submachine gun, stops and proceeds to pull off an armored boot to ditch all the bullets since they slow the armor down, freaking out the german soldiers).

The LW is much the same as its just an animated piece of armor.
This is also why it is practically impossible to "win" against it as it has no need for stamina and cannot be wounded.
The most interesting question would be however if someone "defeats" it by completely dismantling it and reducing it to the individual armor pieces, would it be able to reconstruct itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back