• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does Roxas still Duel Wield?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

PStuder12321

He never had trapped hearts in him? unless theres soemthing im forgetting about? they were all trapped within Sora. It's been a while since I played, but as Roxas is part of Sora he can duel weild, he keeps two blades as a symbol of never wanting to forget Xion. While he started he cause he fought Xion and never wanted to forget her he had the ability because he was Sora's nobody.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
He dual wields because when he was born he accessed Ven's keyblade. He uses Sora and Ven's keyblades (hard to explain in KH3 when they are also using their keyblades). The reason they're Oblivion/Oathkeeper is that they represent Xion/himself.

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
He dual wields because when he was born he accessed Ven's keyblade. He uses Sora and Ven's keyblades (hard to explain in KH3 when they are also using their keyblades). The reason they're Oblivion/Oathkeeper is that they represent Xion/himself.
two Keyblades symbolic of Sora's memories of Kairi and Riku, respectively.[1] Roxas is able to wield two Keyblades because he is the Nobody of Sora, who possesses his own heart as well as Ventus's.[2]

But ya kh3 still doesnt explain why

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
He never had trapped hearts in him? unless theres soemthing im forgetting about? they were all trapped within Sora. It's been a while since I played, but as Roxas is part of Sora he can duel weild, he keeps two blades as a symbol of never wanting to forget Xion. While he started he cause he fought Xion and never wanted to forget her he had the ability because he was Sora's nobody.
two Keyblades symbolic of Sora's memories of Kairi and Riku, respectively.[1] Roxas is able to wield two Keyblades because he is the Nobody of Sora, who possesses his own heart as well as Ventus's.[2]

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

But ya kh3 still doesnt explain why
I thought Oathkeeper was for his promise to Xion and Oblivion was for his knowledge that Xion and himself were destined to fade away?

plasmos

KHI Site Developer
Staff member
Awards
Like damn how many times are you going to post the same thing in different sections?

PStuder12321

yeah pretty much what I was trying to say just worded badly. Also I think they can weild mutliple in KH3 because they arent the same keyblades as what each other are weilding, each person is weilding a different keyblade and never the same keyblade at the same time.

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
yeah pretty much what I was trying to say just worded badly. Also I think they can weild mutliple in KH3 because they arent the same keyblades as what each other are weilding, each person is weilding a different keyblade and never the same keyblade at the same time.
So because There is not one keyblade and one wielder. It just requires that you have a heart strong enough for a keyblade to deem you worthy to wield it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Roxas's new Replica body likely has all his combat data in it thus the ability to wield two Keyblades is in his code like everything else about him, probably. Roxas's Keyblades themselves must also be Replica ones. What I always found wonky is one of them is suppose to be Ventus's Keyblade...according to a interview, I believe. It's weird because we see Roxas with two Kingdom Keys before they become Oathkeeper and Oblivion, implying he took Xion's.

In fact every media implies it's Xion's Keyblade Roxas has. The games, novel, and manga all imply it. So it's weird they say it's Ventus's Keyblade when it's clearly not because Ven does not have a Kingdom Key. If you are going to try and force that Ventus/Roxas connection then at least edit that scene and show Roxas with Ven's Keyblade. That interview goes against what the games themselves are showing. Don't confuse everyone like that.

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
Roxas's new Replica body likely has all his combat data in it thus the ability to wield two Keyblades is in his code like everything else about him, probably. Roxas's Keyblades themselves must also be Replica ones. What I always found wonky is one of them is suppose to be Ventus's Keyblade...according to a interview, I believe. It's weird because we see Roxas with two Kingdom Keys before they become Oathkeeper and Oblivion, implying he took Xion's.

In fact every media implies it's Xion's Keyblade Roxas has. The games, novel, and manga all imply it. So it's weird they say it's Ventus's Keyblade when it's clearly not because Ven does not have a Kingdom Key. If you are going to try and force that Ventus/Roxas connection then at least edit that scene and show Roxas with Ven's Keyblade. That interview goes against what the games themselves are showing. Don't confuse everyone like that.
Interviewer: "Why can Roxas dual-wield?" / Tetsuya Nomura: "Sora can wield two Keyblades at once because he has Ventus's as well as his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days, Roxas awakened his ability to dual wield after fighting Xion. In KHII, once Sora absorbs him, he can also dual-wield."

That one?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

I think it's more that it's "Ven's ability to wield a keyblade" rather than his actual keyblade itself. Also, isn't Xion's keyblade a fake? Riku calls it a sham, and someone on here yelled at me a while ago that Xion's keyblade in Days wasn't real, so I don't know.

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards

Wait but what about the X-Blade that technically means he did have a kingdom key lol 😂Χ-blade_(Complete)_KHBBS.pngΧ-blade_(Complete)_KHBBS.png

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
I think it's more that it's "Ven's ability to wield a keyblade" rather than his actual keyblade itself. Also, isn't Xion's keyblade a fake? Riku calls it a sham, and someone on here yelled at me a while ago that Xion's keyblade in Days wasn't real, so I don't know.
I wasn't yelling at you I'm sorry 😭 but I dunno I'll do more research

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Interviewer: "Why can Roxas dual-wield?" / Tetsuya Nomura: "Sora can wield two Keyblades at once because he has Ventus's as well as his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days, Roxas awakened his ability to dual wield after fighting Xion. In KHII, once Sora absorbs him, he can also dual-wield."

That one?
That's the one.
I mean it still worked as Keyblade right? I seem to recall the 'sham' knocking out Luxigbar. Even as a fake it can still be used as a weapon. They really didn't dive into what makes a Keyblade real or not.

Wait but what about the X-Blade that technically means he did have a kingdom key lol 😂View attachment 12522View attachment 12522
Lol. By this logic Roxas had the X-Blade first for about three seconds before transforming them.

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
That's the one.

I mean it still worked as Keyblade right? I seem to recall the 'sham' knocking out Luxigbar. Even as a fake it can still be used as a weapon. They really didn't dive into what makes a Keyblade real or not.

Lol. By this logic Roxas had the X-Blade first for about three seconds before transforming them.
The battles didn't feel that long 😓

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The distinction between real and fake Keyblade doesn’t matter anymore. Real ones can break and Xion’s and Roxas’ Keyblades helped push back Kingdom Hearts in 3.
The idea of broken Keyblades should’ve stopped with BBS.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
What is it with this inaccurate headcanon that the Oathkeeper and Oblivion represents anything with Roxas or his relationships? He got them because he's Sora's Nobody, they were the best Keyblades in KHI (also popular), and they make a good contrast with light and dark. That's it.

He could dual wield because of Sora and Ventus.

Now about it there being two Kingdom Keys, well, no explanation for that. I think 358/2 Days forced its narrative to retcon Xion in, so this just goes into the list of why I dislike this game.

As for why he can still dual wield, pretty sure those Keyblades are replicas based on his memories/data. Which is weird because he did have his Awakening. It could be one of them is real, but the other is a falsification. I'm going with that they are both fakes though. I stopped trying to make sense of KH's narrative fallacies.

Back