• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does Roxas still Duel Wield?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The distinction between real and fake Keyblade doesn’t matter anymore. Real ones can break and Xion’s and Roxas’ Keyblades helped push back Kingdom Hearts in 3.
The idea of broken Keyblades should’ve stopped with BBS.
Someone needs to make a comic of Xion asking Riku where Way to Dawn is in trollish fashion, while stroking her sham Keyblade. That would be great. While real Keyblades break, the sham remains in one piece. Who needs your Keyblade Master title.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
What is it with this inaccurate headcanon that the Oathkeeper and Oblivion represents anything with Roxas or his relationships? He got them because he's Sora's Nobody, they were the best Keyblades in KHI (also popular), and they make a good contrast with light and dark. That's it.

He could dual wield because of Sora and Ventus.

Now about it there being two Kingdom Keys, well, no explanation for that. I think 358/2 Days forced its narrative to retcon Xion in, so this just goes into the list of why I dislike this game.

As for why he can still dual wield, pretty sure those Keyblades are replicas based on his memories/data. Which is weird because he did have his Awakening. It could be one of them is real, but the other is a falsification. I'm going with that they are both fakes though. I stopped trying to make sense of KH's narrative fallacies.
Wasn't it 3 Kingdom Keys? Sora was using it in Castle Oblivion and Roxas/Xion were also using it during Days. Although, was CoM happening while Xion was knocked out/unable to summon the keyblade?

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Wasn't it 3 Kingdom Keys? Sora was using it in Castle Oblivion and Roxas/Xion were also using it during Days. Although, was CoM happening while Xion was knocked out/unable to summon the keyblade?

There's only one, the one Roxas and Sora shared. Xion's replicated the Keyblade's appearance and power. The issue lies with the imagery used in Day 358(Tears) with the two kingdom keys turning into the dual blades.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
There's only one, the one Roxas and Sora shared. Xion's replicated the Keyblade's appearance and power. The issue lies with the imagery used in Day 358(Tears) with the two kingdom keys turning into the dual blades.
And in KH3 her Keyblade could replicate Saix's Claymore all on it's own. Truly it's power is to copy/mime. I would love to have a Keyblade like that playable in a future title, give me playable Xion already!

But the two Kingdom Keys has always left me scratching my head because of the interview. They knew BBS was coming they even tease Ventus a few times in the game. So if Roxas was suppose to be summoning Ven's Keyblade why does it materialize as a second Kingdom Key? This is why I think it was originally suppose to be Xion's fake Keyblade at first because visually that is what the game shows. That and Xion's ghost apparently lingered in one of them. Lingering Xion lol. This is turning into another nitpick of mine, I should have put this in the nitpick thread lol.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
And in KH3 her Keyblade could replicate Saix's Claymore all on it's own. Truly it's power is to copy/mime. I would love to have a Keyblade like that playable in a future title, give me playable Xion already!

But the two Kingdom Keys has always left me scratching my head because of the interview. They knew BBS was coming they even tease Ventus a few times in the game. So if Roxas was suppose to be summoning Ven's Keyblade why does it materialize as a second Kingdom Key? This is why I think it was originally suppose to be Xion's fake Keyblade at first because visually that is what the game shows. That and Xion's ghost apparently lingered in one of them. Lingering Xion lol. This is turning into another nitpick of mine, I should have put this in the nitpick thread lol.
Maybe Xion's keyblade (born from Ven's ability to wield) took the form of the familiar keyblade/only keyblade that Roxas knew IE Kingdom Key?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Maybe Xion's keyblade (born from Ven's ability to wield) took the form of the familiar keyblade/only keyblade that Roxas knew IE Kingdom Key?
I mean hers is a fake not born from Ven. If this was the case why didn't it first materialize as Ven's weapon before becoming a second Kingdom Key? Maybe I'm overthinking this, but it feels like the choice to make it Ven's Keyblade was decided after Days released.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I mean hers is a fake not born from Ven. If this was the case why didn't it first materialize as Ven's weapon before becoming a second Kingdom Key? Maybe I'm overthinking this, but it feels like the choice to make it Ven's Keyblade was decided after Days released.
The way I always envisioned it was that all keyblades are actually just keychains over a Kingdom Key. I mean, there's no other reason for THE X-blade to have two crossed Kingdom Keys on it.

Roxas and Xion both used Kingdom Keys because at first they didn't have anything to themselves. It's not until the end of Days that Roxas uses a different one.

Basically, Xion's keyblade (Roxas's second one) could still really be Ventus', but since Ventus' himself isn't wielding it it just reverts to a Kingdom Key, then gets a keychain based on the current wielder. Sora's just stays the same because he was always an exception to the rule, having gotten his by accident in the first place. That and we constantly change his Kingdom Key throughout the games lol.

As for how Sora and Roxas can still dual wield? Simple. We've seen that the keyblade can become many different kinds of things. A hammer, a drill, roller skates, Axel's chakrams. So theoretically Sora and Roxas are just doing a keyblade transformation to replicate dual wielding. Roxas does prefer that combat method anyway.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Not to be rude but why are we still discussing the status of Xion’s Keyblade? She’s a Replica, her Keyblade is fake, we’re told multiple times of her abilities and her “sham” Keyblade. Her Replica Keyblade has the same power of releasing hearts which is why the program was a success.

It’s a major plot point that Xion is a Replica, and her Keyblade being a “sham” is a turning point for the character in the narrative. By implying that her Keyblade is Ventus’ or that its real dampens the emotional realization of her fate. Like for once let’s appreciate one of the few things Nomura did right for character motivation and not go down the rabbit hole of theories that contradict canon.

Back