• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does Vanitas look like Goofy?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

griever

This has something that has been bugging me.

We now know full well why Roxas looked nothing like Goofy despite being his nobody. Ventus's heart was in there too and that's what defined Roxas' appearance and also explains why Roxas' personality was so removed from Goofy's.

But, why does Vanitas look like Goofy? Goofy and Ven had never crossed paths at this point.

At first I questioned whether the disembodied voice that gave a part of its heart to Ven to keep him in the realm of light may have been Goofy (I currently believe it was the great heart, Kingdom Hearts), but that only happened AFTER Vanitas had been created.

My best guess at the moment that Nomura just did it on a whim, and as a favour to Goofy's voice actors, which would be reasonable. But is there anything else I'm missing here? Any better justification?

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Re: Why does Vanitas look like Sora?

I would seriously SERIOUSLY consider renaming the thread. That in itself is one of the biggest spoilers from the game.

But regarding the topic itself, Vanitas appears as Sora because Vanitas comes from Ventus' heart, but Sora is the one who fills in the space that Vanitas "occupied".

griever

My bad, wasn't thinking in the slightest.

The entire section is labeled spoilers, but your point is still abundantly valid. How do I rename it though?

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Snrk.

Okay, this is why he looks like Sora:

When Master Xehanort extracted the darkness from Ven's heart - thus creating Vanitas - Ven was left in a state of comatose sleeping with an incomplete heart. Vanitas' face was maskless at this point, though, like Xion, could have had some resemblance to somebody that Ven was close to (though I'm not sure if that would technically work in the same way since Xion is Sora's memories whereas Vanitas is Ven's darkness, but you get my point).

If you remember the cut-scene at the beginning of the game where Master Xehanort takes a wrapped-up Ven to Destiny Islands, you'll realise that this is when Ven's and Sora's hearts connected. At this point, Vanitas gained Sora's face.

Had Ven lost that connection with Sora, Vanitas would lose his face. If Ven connected with another heart - say Tidus for example - then Vanitas would look like Tidus.

griever

Alrighty, I'm reasonably happy with that explanation, certainly better than anything I can come up with.

Looks like hearts are good predictors for how someone looks when they're all grown up, too :p

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
That is so confusing. ;A; You should have put a Heartless in there next to Roxas' picture since...

Sora loses his heart = Roxas + Shadow
Kairi... helps Sora in some way = Sora as a walking heart
Roxas returns to Sora = Sora complete once again

I'm not even going to get onto Xion. SO CONFUSED.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
^ And technically Kairi's heart is in Sora, not vice versa, as was labeled.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
DOESN'T ANYONE GET IT?

Roxas and Sora look alike. They even have the same body structure, they have the same face! The only thing that differs from them is the hairstyle, clothing and personality.

Sora and Ventus therefore look like each other as well, with the hairstyle and clothing being the only difference (they at least seem to have the same personality).

kitty

The place where dark and light intersect to make..
DOESN'T ANYONE GET IT?

Roxas and Sora look alike. They even have the same body structure, they have the same face! The only thing that differs from them is the hairstyle, clothing and personality.

Sora and Ventus therefore look like each other as well, with the hairstyle and clothing being the only difference (they at least seem to have the same personality).

Whoa whoa...yeah, wait a second why is it that Sora and Ventus look alike? So technically Sora looks like Ventus except the hair, I mean they thought Roxas looked like Sora right?

I always thought that they thought Roxas "looked" like Sora because he was Sora's nobody and when Sora went in sleep for a year and people "forgot" about him they still had the memory of him and since Roxas was connected to him, they thought he "looked" like Sora...

But now...I'm not so sure...

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
does anyone know why this guy is using goofy to fill sora, i dint think this is a spoiler anymore

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
When I saw the title I was like "Goofy? WTF!" I thought it was a joke.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
It's a spoiler section. Its completely unnecessary. Those who don't want to be spoiled shouldn't be in the spoiler section.

Ya, but you can still see it in the "Last Post" section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back