• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why don’t sora have dual weilding like roxas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

benzox

Roxas comes back and he still has dual weilding

But sora cant

Can someone explain why?

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
This is just my interpretation but, I would say that Sora as an individual never really displayed the inherent ability to dualwield on his own but only through the sacrifice of one of his allies through the use of drive forms. The three good fairies appear to have somehow been able to allow Sora to channel the power of his friends and manifest a second keyblade through that.

While Roxas on the other hand inherently possesses that ability through his connection to Sora and Ventus (maybe even Xion as well). Now, in KH3 Sora no longer uses those “Drive Forms” that have him those abilities in KH2 and instead makes use of his new form changes and keyblade transformations instead. While Roxas remains a product of multiple keyblade wielders and their hearts comingling.

Again, this is just my own interpretation but I hope that it helps to clarify.

benzox

This is just my interpretation but, I would say that Sora as an individual never really displayed the inherent ability to dualwield on his own but only through the sacrifice of one of his allies through the use of drive forms. The three good fairies appear to have somehow been able to allow Sora to channel the power of his friends and manifest a second keyblade through that.

While Roxas on the other hand inherently possesses that ability through his connection to Sora and Ventus (maybe even Xion as well). Now, in KH3 Sora no longer uses those “Drive Forms” that have him those abilities in KH2 and instead makes use of his new form changes and keyblade transformations instead. While Roxas remains a product of multiple keyblade wielders and their hearts comingling.

Again, this is just my own interpretation but I hope that it helps to clarify.
But sora was given that outfit kh2 witch allowed him to dual weild, and he still had it in kh3 there fore he should have dual weilding

Unless nomura was too busy thinking what he would do with his profit money

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Because not every ability and fighting style needs to be used by the protagonist.
Let Roxas have his dual wielding alone. Sora doesn't need to copy everything available.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Roxas could dual wield because of his connection to Sora and Ventus. He wielded their Keyblades. Two hearts are required to dual wield. Sora could dual wield after reabsorbing Roxas. He was using his own Keyblade and Ventus'.

Why can Roxas still dual wield? It's obviously not explicitly stated but to me the most logical scenario would be: he's still using Sora's Keyblade and his connection to Sora's heart for one of them, and the other is his own heart's Keyblade instead of Ventus'. But who knows. This is honestly something I expected to be brought up in the Ultimania and it just isn't so there will be no definitive answer for the time being.

Since Sora's journey in KH3 is about ridding himself of the extraneous hearts he possess, he eventually loses the ability to dual wield, so that is presumably why they don't make it an option, because lore wise he'd have to lose it right at the climax of the game. Instead they put their focus into formchanges (which honestly, to me, are 100x more interesting, but I digress).

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, I wanted to further establish that at this point Sora absorbing another party member to use Forms was purely gameplay. In cutscenes even when Sora is in Drive Form all characters are present (the first time Sora goes into Valor Goofy isn't connected at all).
Also it would've created the odd issue where Wisdom doesn't gain a second Keyblade. What, was Donald not worthy?

Another theory you guys might of overlooked.

Roxas's new body is a replica..of him WHEN HE COULD DUAL WIELD. It could be that body gives him the ability to do so somehow. I mean, in the data..

Can't exactly say you're wrong, given how Xion in the Norts work.

I sort of lowkey hate Replicas, man. What a way to undo even character progression.
Avengers fans have nothing to fear from Endgame stakes as long as Tony Stark doesn't open his secret lab showing a bunch of puppets.

Obiewantsanipod

Everyone is so hung up on Sora and his keyblade when all I can think of is Terranort.

He has Master Xehanort's heart, along with Terra's, along with Master Eraqus. So why, why isn't he lugging around 3 keyblades? He would have decimated everyone. Nomura explain, explain!

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Are you that guy who is hyper obsessed about dual wielding that I banned like five times?

Well if that's not a new sentence.

Everyone is so hung up on Sora and his keyblade when all I can think of is Terranort.

He has Master Xehanort's heart, along with Terra's, along with Master Eraqus. So why, why isn't he lugging around 3 keyblades? He would have decimated everyone. Nomura explain, explain!

It can be argued that Terra and Eraqus lost their keyblades along the way, them respectively going to Lingering Will and Aqua. When Aqua "dives" into Terranort's heart during the final boss fight in BBS, Terra's actually using the No Name keyblade against the guardian instead of his own keyblade.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Also Aqua seems to have perpetually lost her own Keyblade somehow.

Like, I get it that it was shown kinda powerless in KH II FM, but I always assumed it was because she was in the RoD making her Keyblade "a lifeless key not united with the heart of its master".
Kinda makes me wonder if her fighting days are over now that Master's Defender is a graveyard memento.

Ah who am I kidding she'll get another one from Yen Sid's car key collection

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm sure that, if Dual-Wield is popular enough, they might weight-in some excuse to make it come back to Sora. Something along the lines of his powerful connection with wielders.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Also Aqua seems to have perpetually lost her own Keyblade somehow.

Like, I get it that it was shown kinda powerless in KH II FM, but I always assumed it was because she was in the RoD making her Keyblade "a lifeless key not united with the heart of its master".
Kinda makes me wonder if her fighting days are over now that Master's Defender is a graveyard memento.

Ah who am I kidding she'll get another one from Yen Sid's car key collection

There's really no reason to think she didn't get her original Keyblade back at the end of the game. Note that Terra got his back from the Lingering Will immediately after being freed, and the LW itself disappeared (i.e. re-fused with Terra). This was stated by Nomura in the Ultimania. So why wouldn't Aqua have gotten her Keyblade back the same way? I'd wager she also got her armor back too once she returned to the RoL, but none of the BBS trio really seem to use it in KH3 outside of the LW. Which is curious when you think about it.

All of that said, I'm still a bit miffed that we never got clarification from the Ultimania on how and why Aqua lost her Keyblade before KH3. But then I'm sure the answer would be something silly or contrived anyway, so maybe that's for the best..

Megavoltage

Awards
I'd wager she also got her armor back too once she returned to the RoL, but none of the BBS trio really seem to use it in KH3 outside of the LW. Which is curious when you think about it.
Aqua’s armor is still in Xemnas' secret chamber and armor can't be summoned to a user like a Keyblade can, you have to physically get your hands on it. Or Aqua almost turning into a Darkling broke her connection to use her original blade and armor. Ventus couldn’t summon his armor because the darkness overload and/or Riku fight left it in ruins. These are all just guesses. I dunno.

But, uh, are the characters ever going to find the Chamber of Repose? It feels weird that Xemnas was killed before this subplot got cleared up.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Aqua’s armor is still in Xemnas' secret chamber and armor can't be summoned to a user like a Keyblade can, you have to physically get your hands on it. Or Aqua almost turning into a Darkling broke her connection to use her original blade and armor. Ventus couldn’t summon his armor because the darkness overload and/or Riku fight left it in ruins. These are all just guesses. I dunno.

But, uh, are the characters ever going to find the Chamber of Repose? It feels weird that Xemnas was killed before this subplot got cleared up.

To reiterate, the LW was stated by Nomura to have disappeared once Terra was freed from Xehanort's corruption/control. I can only assume that it returned to him, otherwise why wouldn't it just be lying on the ground like Aqua's armor was? After that we see Terra reclaim his old Keyblade (which was also with the LW) with seemingly no difficulty (Lea also did this after having his KB out right destroyed by Xemnas). How would Aqua being momentarily turned into a darkling be more severe then Terra (who also succumed to darkness) being possessed by Xehanort for over a decade? This, and he was trapped inside the guardian as well. So I don't really see how Aqua's had the worse effect.

Wasn't Ventus' armor metaphysical at the time? The Sora it was shown shielding was only Sora's heart. His actual physical body was left in the room where nothing gathers, and later Mysterious Tower. Idk. Maybe it applied either way. In any case, Aqua should still have access to these things by the end of the game, so she could've (and probably did) retrieve them off screen anyway.

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
There's really no reason to think she didn't get her original Keyblade back at the end of the game. Note that Terra got his back from the Lingering Will immediately after being freed, and the LW itself disappeared (i.e. re-fused with Terra). This was stated by Nomura in the Ultimania. So why wouldn't Aqua have gotten her Keyblade back the same way? I'd wager she also got her armor back too once she returned to the RoL, but none of the BBS trio really seem to use it in KH3 outside of the LW. Which is curious when you think about it.

I mean, the fact that no one uses their armor and that Aqua never summons her old Keyblade again are reason enough for me to doubt she got her old one back at the end of the game. Like, nothing proves she did, meanwhile as for the opposite the absence is telling.
It's not a matter of which case was more severe, Terra's was just so much different than Aqua's. LW by itself and the fact that it was carrying Terra's old Keyblade around are enough to make any connection between the two kinda impossible.

Aqua has no active LW to return to her, no Guardian-like state and her Keyblade and armor are in a very specific location laying around.
I'm not sure anything confirms that you have to physically get your hands on the armor, especially since in DDD Ventus' heart makes it appear inside Sora's. Xemnas conjures No Heart and I'm not sure he actually had it on the fly right at that moment.
So if we wanna count the Riku fight in DDD as something with lasting consequences that answers why Ven never gets into his old armor, Terra doesn't use it because "Terra" never fights, he comes back when the fighting is over save for Sora, Riku, Mickey and D&G.
That leaves Aqua, who had all the reasons to conjure her armor yet still doesn't.

Same goes for the Keyblade, it has been shown how it can travel and even persist without direct contat with its owner more than once, and in the Final Episode Aqua could use both her own (to battle Terranort) and Master's Defender (to seal the Land of Departure) during the same time frame, meaning Master's Defender didn't "override" her own.

Ignoring the obvious "they just didn't want to focus on those accessory components" for argument's sake, I can only infer that both armor and Keyblade were somehow "inactive" and powerless, unable to return to her.
But why is that, it's never explained or implied.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Sora does have dual wield tho. He uses it outside forms too, like in the final Xemnas fight in KH2 where he uses his own and Riku's keyblades at the same time. My guess would be that he simply chooses not to most of the time in KH2. Doesn't fit his fighting style, perhaps. He's used to fighting a certain way, when in a form his style changes accordingly and maybe because of that he also takes a second keyblade into use. Is it weird he (or D&G for that matter) never questions why he can suddenly use two? Sure. But then again they never asked anyone why they were asleep for a year so idk.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Sora does have dual wield tho. He uses it outside forms too, like in the final Xemnas fight in KH2 where he uses his own and Riku's keyblades at the same time. My guess would be that he simply chooses not to most of the time in KH2. Doesn't fit his fighting style, perhaps. He's used to fighting a certain way, when in a form his style changes accordingly and maybe because of that he also takes a second keyblade into use. Is it weird he (or D&G for that matter) never questions why he can suddenly use two? Sure. But then again they never asked anyone why they were asleep for a year so idk.

Well, "dual wielding" in the technical sense it's referred more to the ability to conjure two Keyblades from one's own heart, which should be impossible on a regular basis. When Sora uses Riku's, he's using a Keyblade made by someone else that just exists externally so it's a less impressive and more easily explainable feat.
Meanwhile it's Ventus that makes "dual wielding" in the deeper meaning happen for both Sora and Roxas, hence the confusion when neither of them doesn't have his heart inside their own anymore yet Roxas can still dual wield.

At this point the only explanation I can think of is that much like how Sora retained Kingdom Key from Riku prompting him to receive a different Keyblade entirely and that it's confirmed Roxas and Sora can both use Kingdom Key even at the same time, perhaps like Audo said Roxas just retained Ven's "gift" (meanwhile Sora doesn't because it was still technically Roxas that made Sora able to dual wield, meaning Roxas is the main carrier of the dual wield trait) or he can still use it even if he isn't directly connected to Ventus anymore.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
meaning Roxas is the main carrier of the dual wield trait) or he can still use it even if he isn't directly connected to Ventus anymore.

Roxas definitely activated and first used the ability as it was him who unlocked Ven's Keyblade at the end of Days when Xion perished and by that time his own heart was definitely developed quite far.
Since Roxas carried Ven's heart for the whole year he was first an independent entity I won't rule out that his own, new heart did connect with Ventus' heart during its development just like it had the connection to Sora, his origin.

I furthermore won't rule out that there might be still a connection between Roxas' and Ventus' hearts right now, possibly even one that may be on a closer basis now that he's his own person for good.

Back