• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why don’t xaldin and lexious have any lines to say?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

benzox

I so wanted to see them talk

But they just say mute tru the whole game

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I have no idea myself. Could they not get back the original VAs for some reason? Even if those two were just background characters they deserved to at least speak

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I have no idea myself. Could they not get back the original VAs for some reason? Even if those two were just background characters they deserved to at least speak

The characters had no lines so they probably didn't see the point in paying the actors to come in just to grunt a few times.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The characters had no lines so they probably didn't see the point in paying the actors to come in just to grunt a few times.
Well then I guess its on the writers for not giving them any dialogue for whatever reason.

Shame that everyone else from the old organization had stuff to do except for Dilan and Aeleus

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
They didn't really have any purpose to the main plot. Both of them are guards at Radiant Garden, so they would have no input on the computer/replica stuff like Even and Ienzo. I mean I was happy to see them, but I didn't feel like I needed to hear them say anything.

The character that I felt SHOULD have said something was Phil in Olympus. After the amount of training and talk he's given Sora and company - it was weird not hearing him say anything at all to them.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wish they at least used archived grunts. It was so weird watching them see Ansem the Wise and they just are quiet while sobbing...

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I wish they at least used archived grunts. It was so weird watching them see Ansem the Wise and they just are quiet while sobbing...

Yeah, that's the thing. I'm sorry, I understand that they didn't have anything important to say... but they were still THERE. In multiple scenes. Sometimes the camera is on them and them only, and they Charlie Chaplin'd it up and I sorta wish they didn't.
It's like if Chen Po and the others in Land of Dragons were mute in KH II. Even if they didn't have anything relevant to say, it would've still been awkward as heck.
Like, I dunno, even in other games when you don't want to pay for a voice actor you just drag the neartest empy-handed person in the booth and make them do some generic grunts or expression.

Obiewantsanipod

The character that I felt SHOULD have said something was Phil in Olympus. After the amount of training and talk he's given Sora and company - it was weird not hearing him say anything at all to them.

I don't know you're aware of this but it was because the japanese VA for Phil passed away and out of respect they didn't recast him. All versions of the game ended up with him silent the whole time.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't know you're aware of this but it was because the japanese VA for Phil passed away and out of respect they didn't recast him. All versions of the game ended up with him silent the whole time.
Both Vexen and Master Xehanort’s voice actors passed away and was replaced. It’s weird that, despite doing it for those two, Phil was put into the game and was left silent.

And then they omit Eeyore completely...

Obiewantsanipod

Both Vexen and Master Xehanort’s voice actors passed away and was replaced. It’s weird that, despite doing it for those two, Phil was put into the game and was left silent.

And then they omit Eeyore completely...

I don't know about Vexen, but I'm pretty sure Nomura mentions in the Ultimania that MX just has to speak, with him being the main villain and all that, so they recast him.

I like Phil, I'd like it if he was voiced. But you can't really compare him to Vexen, MX, or virtually any of the KH cast for that matter.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Wouldn't always know about this last part. Most Disney characters have more lines and screentime than most of the main cast, and sometimes they or their VA are what brings some fans to the table.

I wouldn't say main plot relevance doesn't play a factor, still. Disney characters might not be as irrelevant as we lore-deep fans may think.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't know about Vexen, but I'm pretty sure Nomura mentions in the Ultimania that MX just has to speak, with him being the main villain and all that, so they recast him.

I like Phil, I'd like it if he was voiced. But you can't really compare him to Vexen, MX, or virtually any of the KH cast for that matter.
Of course MX had to speak, and that makes a lot of sense for the recast, but in the event that they wouldn’t bring someone in to voice Phil, they should have omitted that character entirely.

Disney in North America have sound-alikes for virtually every Disney character. They are mostly used in Kingdom Hearts, like with Piglet (his original voice actor passed away so they used someone else for KH2 and 3), Rapunzel, Monsters Inc characters, Buzz, Woody, and even Phil hasn’t been voiced by Danny Devito since Hercules itself (barring a PC point and click tie in game from 1997).

I’m just baffled at why Disney Japan aren’t using replacements. I get being respectful to the original voice actor, but with Disney they constantly have projects with those characters in it. It’s not like The Simpsons where they retire characters when their voice actors pass away (Edna Krabapple, Lionel Hutz). For Disney, they just need to put the characters first. If they want to be respectful to the voice actors, then Phil should have been retired from the game instead of being silent.

With Dilan and Aeleus, it is even weirder because it just seems like Nomura didn’t bother to give them any lies despite being in multiple scenes, and thus they are completely silent. It works, at least, with Aeleus since he is a quiet character, but man.... just grab someone with a deep voice to do some grunts and reaction noises for Dilan then...

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I do like the idea of Xaldin and Lexaeus being the muscle-gay couple to Demyx and Ienzo's twinkyness.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oh, dear... xD

In all seriousness, I hope the Final Mix DLC expansion gives us an expanded Ansem the Wise return to Radiant Garden cutscene.
I’d like a better understanding of the timeline.

Riku and Mickey go to the beach. Aqua isn’t there. They get ambushed and decide to leave to fix their keyblades.

Aqua and Ansem the Wise sit on the beach. Ansem SoD comes to take Ansem away. He knocks Aqua into the water. Ansem SoD takes Ansem the Wise to Twilight Town.

Unless Mickey and Riku were at an identical looking part of the beach (didn’t they follow Aqua’s trail to that beach but it stopped?) then Ansem SoD turning up happened prior to Riku and Mickey’s arrival.

In that event, why was there a big gap between that and the Twilight Town visit? Did I miss something?

Also this was completely off topic, I’m sorry!!! But this is one of my biggest questions with the story itself!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I’d like a better understanding of the timeline.

Riku and Mickey go to the beach. Aqua isn’t there. They get ambushed and decide to leave to fix their keyblades.

Aqua and Ansem the Wise sit on the beach. Ansem SoD comes to take Ansem away. He knocks Aqua into the water. Ansem SoD takes Ansem the Wise to Twilight Town.

Unless Mickey and Riku were at an identical looking part of the beach (didn’t they follow Aqua’s trail to that beach but it stopped?) then Ansem SoD turning up happened prior to Riku and Mickey’s arrival.

In that event, why was there a big gap between that and the Twilight Town visit? Did I miss something?

Also this was completely off topic, I’m sorry!!! But this is one of my biggest questions with the story itself!
lol no worries. But yeah, it can be confusing, but I just scratch it off as it either happened before Riku and Mickey arrived, or it was on the other Margin.

Back