• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why don’t xaldin and lexious have any lines to say?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
IDK but it felt very sloppy on Square's behalf. Same goes for Phil in Olympus. Why feature characters in cut-scene and leave them completely mute. Nobody would have missed if they didn't have lexeus, Xaldin, and Phil in the game.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I’d like a better understanding of the timeline.

Riku and Mickey go to the beach. Aqua isn’t there. They get ambushed and decide to leave to fix their keyblades.

Aqua and Ansem the Wise sit on the beach. Ansem SoD comes to take Ansem away. He knocks Aqua into the water. Ansem SoD takes Ansem the Wise to Twilight Town.

Unless Mickey and Riku were at an identical looking part of the beach (didn’t they follow Aqua’s trail to that beach but it stopped?) then Ansem SoD turning up happened prior to Riku and Mickey’s arrival.

In that event, why was there a big gap between that and the Twilight Town visit? Did I miss something?

Also this was completely off topic, I’m sorry!!! But this is one of my biggest questions with the story itself!

Man, at first glance I always thought the Ansem the Wise scene at the Margin was just a flashback, but now that I think about it still wouldn't fit within Ansem SoD's timeline

huh.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
IDK but it felt very sloppy on Square's behalf. Same goes for Phil in Olympus. Why feature characters in cut-scene and leave them completely mute. Nobody would have missed if they didn't have lexeus, Xaldin, and Phil in the game.

I guarantee that omitting them completely would lead to just as many questions, if not more, as opposed to including them but keeping them mute.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I guarantee that omitting them completely would lead to just as many questions, if not more, as opposed to including them but keeping them mute.
Would it really? If you needed to hand wave Dilan and Aeleus' absence you can just have Ienzo state that they resumed their guard duties

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
because disney and square were too afraid to move their gay storyline forward
Launchpad back with the hard facts.

In that event, why was there a big gap between that and the Twilight Town visit? Did I miss something?
I can't even think of a wity response to this, that's how bad it is. The gap between these events makes no sense.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Would it really? If you needed to hand wave Dilan and Aeleus' absence you can just have Ienzo state that they resumed their guard duties

There’s no way people would accept an excuse like that. They don’t care how much sense it makes or how justified the decision was; they want what they want and frankly the reactions over the past few months should have provided more than enough proof of that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Just like how we totally didn’t ask any questions about the lack of the Radiant Garden Restoration Committee?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Nobody would have missed if they didn't have lexeus, Xaldin, and Phil in the game.
PleasedAliveElver-small.gif

Well, Dilan and Aeleus anyway. I would have been perfectly fine with Phil being absent as long as it was justified by him either being at the coliseum or he went back home in-between games.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm unsure how I personally feel about them omitting the characters vs keeping them mute.
I'm not saying fans would've been fine without them, not at all, yet at the same time... seeing Phil and not hearing him was painful. KH III made me realize just how much of him being present and an active chracter made Olympus what it was.
Keep your double Ds Meg and give me back my cranky satyr.

I guess I have it better than most since I never cared for either Dilan or Aeleus in the first place, so the damage wasn't too great.

Hallowseve

I thought their silence was weird, too. They spoke in past games, and Aeleus even had some lines in DDD. I have to give the devs credit though, they did somewhat develop Dilan and Aeleus through expression. Or maybe I'm crazy?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Honestly, I believe that it boils down to budgeting. The voice cast list for this game is huge, and I think the original story had to be somewhat compromised because of the effort to improve the gameplay experiences in the Disney worlds.

Nomura is no stranger to giving minor characters larger roles. Ienzo was a minor Organization XIII member, but Kingdom Hearts III made him the lore contact alongside Yen Sid and Chip and Dale.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If any of the upcoming KH3 DLC is set in Radiant Garden they might have dialogue there. Though it would be funny if when Sora speaks to him they just respond with grunts.

Back