• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why don't the characters age?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
After seeing the cutscenes from BBS, I couldn't help but wonder why none of the characters age.

*Aqua has been in the realm of darkness for 12 years yet she hasn't aged.

* Riku, Sora, and Kairi have been on the islands for a year and haven't aged. (Interestingly, in the time between KH1 and KH2 the trio looked much older)

Why does Nomura insist on not changing the characters' age? I could see Sora, Riku, and Kairi since they've been on Destiny Islands for only a year, but Aqua has been in the realm of darkness for twelve years!

I've heard the excuse that characters don't age in the realm of darkness, but why? Why should darkness prevent someone from aging?

Allister Rose

French Lover
the only one that doesn't have a explanation is aqua, but then again, she could just look the same over 12 years simply because she reached that age. i always assumed she was around 17, so she would be 29 now or so. how would you mkae that look "older"?

realms could differ from age. like nobodies are born in the in between realm.

burnley95

Row Row Fight the Powah!
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Here are some options.....
1). CAUSE IT IS KINGDOM HEARTS SILLY.
2). Some people age differently, maybe their growth spurts are done
3). The makers of the game were too lazy for new designs
4). The realm of darkness kept Sora and Riku over a year, maybe the time during teh realm is like time in Narnia, lol.
5). Darkness may blind you from reality, including your physical self, Xigbar doesn't seem to age much and he uses darkness after he becomes a Nobody
6). Once again, GROWTH SPURTS!!! Nomura probably didn't want to make Aqua any older because certain people mature differently , but IDK why.....

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
the only one that doesn't have a explanation is aqua, but then again, she could just look the same over 12 years simply because she reached that age. i always assumed she was around 17, so she would be 29 now or so. how would you mkae that look "older"?

realms could differ from age. like nobodies are born in the in between realm.

Well she should look a little bit different. She should show SOME sign of aging. I mean, yes she's still very young, but she should look a bit different.

Sora1915

Bronze Member
Maybe you don't age in the realm of darkness.....we don't really know how time works there.....as for SRK...its been a year and they already had their massive growth spurts so they wouldnt change much....

Allister Rose

French Lover
Well she should look a little bit different. She should show SOME sign of aging. I mean, yes she's still very young, but she should look a bit different.

well your not being clear. as for sora, riku and kairi, one year difference is nothing.

xigbar? as for him, nomura stated that it was an illusion and that we should focus on MX and vanitas

MeggieKeyblader

Wait, what do you mean an illusion? You mean his physical appearance not aging?

I think the reporter was like 'Braig in BbS looks younger than Xigbar.' and then Nomura was like, 'No, he's around the same age. It's just an illusion.' Or something like that.

And I think they should've changed Aqua's appearance a little bit, like make her hair longer and make her eyes a little smaller, which happens in Japanese anime/video games a lot.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I think the reporter was like 'Braig in BbS looks younger than Xigbar.' and then Nomura was like, 'No, he's around the same age. It's just an illusion.' Or something like that.

And I think they should've changed Aqua's appearance a little bit, like make her hair longer and make her eyes a little smaller, which happens in Japanese anime/video games a lot.

Yeah, I was thinking make her hair longer.

SuperSailorEarth

I think that Square didn't make new character designs due to time and space.
And I think that Nomura felt it was important to make a point that Sora was asleep for a year and the designs HAD to be changed.

BBS is supposed to be so apparently obvious that there is a time difference, so maybe they thought at the moment it would be unnecessary. KH is just something you have to take a surface value and not question, so we have to overlook it.

amcg

ya im still wondering why they didnt age to? i mean hello! there human not immortal. give them a few wrinkles or somthin' hahah

Sadie808

12 years in the ROD i wonder why nomura never make aqua have long hair atleast i mean come on Xehonart`s hair grew longer after all those years

What else look at ansem the wise he never age but 4 of his apprentices aged WTF! XD Xehanort braig dilan and lenzo expect
even and aeleus they still looked the same even as a nobody XD

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Ven could be in a special kind of coma, and we don't know what the side effects of being in the Dark Realm are, which goes for Ansem too.
Sora, Namine, Kairi, Riku, uh and Selphie all grew up and that's set in stone, so it's not like things are being ignored.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
im sure there looks will change by kh3 with new outfits and such and its only been a year how much change could they go threw, riku seventeen and kairi and sora are sixteen
as for aqua we dont know how old she is plus we dont understand the effects of the darkrealm

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
THe Realem of Darkness works in mysterious ways. My theory in the summer may clear it up. Why not now? Work, and I got a PSP to get after I leave school. If Aqua is 17/18/19, then if she lived in the rol, she'll be in her 30's. with all those pics already on the web, it will come ture.

*Aqua has been in the realm of darkness for 12 years yet she hasn't aged.
most likely the RoD exist ot side of time

* Riku, Sora, and Kairi have been on the islands for a year and haven't aged. (Interestingly, in the time between KH1 and KH2 the trio looked much older)
well he will be changed Nomura needed it to connect with the kh2 ending.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back