• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why everyone hate this game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I agree with you 100% ...But you would be surprised by the number of people who say that it is "useless" and "not needed." I was shocked myself. 358/2 Days is just one of those games people love to hate. Thankfully, I enjoyed every second of it...except Ruler of the Sky, of course. :p

It is. it wasn't necessary. it only hinted on things we didn't know and retconned other things. the only thing it did was explain how roxas can dual wield whiche ven then wasn't necessary.

days isn't necessary. even if someone skipped days the only questiont hat will rise is who's xion? and even those who havne't played it will know. days is very expendable. revealing nothing.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
It is. it wasn't necessary. it only hinted on things we didn't know and retconned other things. the only thing it did was explain how roxas can dual wield whiche ven then wasn't necessary.

days isn't necessary. even if someone skipped days the only questiont hat will rise is who's xion? and even those who havne't played it will know. days is very expendable. revealing nothing.

s1keanureeves ...I am so not getting into this inane argument for a second time. As long as at least one person disagrees, that point is moot. I'll leave it at that.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. :smile:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
2 reasons for why 358/2 days was bad:

1. It was on the DS, and should have been on the PSP.
2. The story didn't do justice to Organization XIII and neither did the battle system.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I know Graphics>>Gameplay, but the graphics massively deterred me from enjoying the game. And you had all the story shoved down your throat during like the last 100 days and zero during the first few. Especially seeing that the normal-quality cutscenes all show up towards the end. And the missions get incredibly repetitive.
Also Xion was just sort of thrown in there to make the game seem important, while it didn't really show jack. Axel was pretty cool throughout the game, it's just I feel like there were so many useless cutscenes of sitting on the clock tower after a mission with little payout in terms of story with him and Roxas. And what the hell is the deal with Xemnas playing barely any role in the game?
Also feels like there was some pretty big lack of voice acting.

Sorry, but I just have so many problems with this game.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i dont mind the graphics usually for DS, but days didn't seem like the type of game to be satisfying with poor graphics.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
i dont mind the graphics usually for DS, but days didn't seem like the type of game to be satisfying with poor graphics.

I agree, the graphics for 358/2 days considering it was on the DS were really really good, that was one thing 358/2 days excelled at.

However 358/2 days was much much better suited for PSP. After all there is another Square Enix game that has many similarities to 358/2 days and it was a great success on the PSP. Crisis Core. Both CC and Days had a warrior in an organization as the main hero (Zack with SOLDIER and Roxas with Organization XIII) Both games used a mission based system, though 358/2 Days was more mission based where as CC used chapters. And both games told a story that took place over a long period of time (CC over 7 years, Days over a year) yet CC only highlighted the important events during those 7 years and did it in chapters, and of course Days did not do this.

In other words Days should have been on the PSP and modeled after CC execution of story.

Gram

Banned
Awards
In other words Days should have been on the PSP and modeled after CC execution of story.
this^ plus the lack of xion would have made a very very kick ass game.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I also agree with the chapters and the missions being more optional, this would've given a better chance of adding much more missions related to other members. that and add more weapons.

plus the panel system was far too limiting, there was no way anyone could fight at lv 100 properly. or was it 99? i can't remember

Gram

Banned
Awards
plus the panel system was far too limiting, there was no way anyone could fight at lv 100 properly. or was it 99? i can't remember
what they shouldve done is nto have level panels, aside from those the panel system was fine to me.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I didn't like some of the challenges in this game. I mean, why did they have to put the last Organization emblem so high to reach?! And, I think they could have added more to the Organization, instead of it solely being based on Xion and Roxas. Am I right?

zaqareemalcolm

I didn't hate this game. I liked it. I don't see why 90% of the KHinsider community hates this game. Then again, it was my first KH game, so yeah...Anyway, I didn't find the missions repetitive. 358/2 Days was meant to be a casual game, seeing that it had a long story and slow story pacing. Think of the Kingdom Hearts games as books...

KH1 and KH2 would be about the size of your typical novels.

KH CoM, KH BbS and KH Coded would be short storybooks.

KH Days would be a novel the same size as Eragon.

Also, I don't get why most of the KHinsider community hates Xion. TBH, she was a pretty interesting character. The graphics weren't bad either. Sure, they were not on par with the PS2/PSP but it was pretty excellent for a DS. Last thing I got to say was that Days wasn't unnecessary to understand the plot. It explained alot of things in the series and it sets things up for KH BBS.blitzball

bryanbryan

I don't hate it.
but what i don't like is how boring the fighting commands are.
Hit, hit, hit=boring.
Minus that i loved the game.
I like how the end is sad and what not.
:D

Shadow Key

Well... it's ok. It's just not all we wanted to be. Not hate, disappointed.

As for haters, well, they're gonna hate.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Think of the Kingdom Hearts games as books...

KH1 and KH2 would be about the size of your typical novels.

KH CoM, KH BbS and KH Coded would be short storybooks.

KH Days would be a novel the same size as Eragon.

Replace Eragon with War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy, and you might be right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back