• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why haven't we seen DS face yet?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

lol Xemnas took over nine years before KH1. Which, regardless of when Maleficent took over after that, still means Xehanort the Apprentice only existed for a year.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Xemnas took over hollow bastion 9yrs before KH1? wth? i guess i missed something. when has it been said that xemnas took over? o.o i always thought it was Maleficent....

anyway i dont think DS has a face....

Ikkin

Bronze Member
"Several Years" is obviously either a mistake or a mistranslation.
The fact is, the time line given to us places Xehanort right then and there.

-BBS is ten years before KH1 happened. Xehanort was found when BBS ended, ergo he appeared 10 years before KH1.
-Maleficent took over Radiant Garden nine years before KH1. Thus leaving a one year span between Xehanort's appearance and Maleficent's takeover.
-Within that one years span, everything within the Ansem reports happened.

I don't see any reason to assume that "several years" is the mistake. It's the more recent information - from a game that was still in production when the planning for Birth By Sleep started. "Nine years" was written down before BBS would have had to be taken into account.

...of course, the best thing to do would be to set BBS eleven or twelve years before KH, so that nothing that we know would be contradicted. =P That'd make Sora and Riku too young to use, though.

A

Audo

I don't see any reason to assume that "several years" is the mistake. It's the more recent information - from a game that was still in production when the planning for Birth By Sleep started. "Nine years" was written down before BBS would have had to be taken into account.

...of course, the best thing to do would be to set BBS eleven or twelve years before KH, so that nothing that we know would be contradicted. =P That'd make Sora and Riku too young to use, though.
Trust me, that was the mistake.
It probably rose from confusion on when Ansem was writing his reports.

AzzurroRainrebor

The answer to this is irrefragably simple, DS is an extremely important component of the story. Showing his face would be stupid for Nomura-san to do until the player actually plays BBS. If you really wish to destroy the experience though, just wait until BbS's Japanese release and look around on Youtube or something for spoilers.

Grey

Ok, this was always my take on the situation with DS's identity...feel free to kill me (correct me) if this makes no sense whatsoever (or if this has been touched on already):

There's some speculation that DS is the main enemy of the game. The main enemy of each game usually doesn't have his (or, yet to be, her) identity revealed until about midway through the game. It's what has happened with all (?) of the games so far, if I'm not mistaken.

I want to say people think DS is the main enemy of the game because of what's been said by Master Xehanort. MX most likely referred to DS when he called him a "monster infused with darkness", and supposedly called DS his "mistake."

Also, in my opinion, Master Xehanort doesn't seem to be the main enemy simply because his ambition isn't for some kind of world(s) domination, or to spread darkness everywhere. He seems to feel remorse for tainting his own apprentice with darkness; why would he want to spread it to the rest of the universe?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
There's some speculation that DS is the main enemy of the game. The main enemy of each game usually doesn't have his (or, yet to be, her) identity revealed until about midway through the game. It's what has happened with all (?) of the games so far, if I'm not mistaken.

The Organization were revealed at the very start of KH2, as well as the start of CoM. There were no true surprises there.

I want to say people think DS is the main enemy of the game because of what's been said by Master Xehanort. MX most likely referred to DS when he called him a "monster infused with darkness", and supposedly called DS his "mistake."

Supposedly being the operative word here. Until confirmed who he was talking about, he could've been talking about Terra, or Ven, or MTAV for all we know.

Also, in my opinion, Master Xehanort doesn't seem to be the main enemy simply because his ambition isn't for some kind of world(s) domination, or to spread darkness everywhere. He seems to feel remorse for tainting his own apprentice with darkness; why would he want to spread it to the rest of the universe?

That's unbased at best, especially in light of us not knowing who he was talking to and about. From some trailers it seems like he's talking to DS about Ven with the DS standing on top of a fallen Ven, and Mickey rushing in to save him.
Also, we don't know if that's why MX wants Kingdom Hearts. In fact, it seems unlikely he'd want KH for that, seeing how if he was talking about DS, he was more than willing to have Terra or Ven or whomever take care of him, instead of truly try and help him. Whatever it is he wants KH for, it seems to be on a much wider scale.

Grey

The Organization were revealed at the very start of KH2, as well as the start of CoM. There were no true surprises there.

Supposedly being the operative word here. Until confirmed who he was talking about, he could've been talking about Terra, or Ven, or MTAV for all we know.

That's unbased at best, especially in light of us not knowing who he was talking to and about. From some trailers it seems like he's talking to DS about Ven with the DS standing on top of a fallen Ven, and Mickey rushing in to save him.
Also, we don't know if that's why MX wants Kingdom Hearts. In fact, it seems unlikely he'd want KH for that, seeing how if he was talking about DS, he was more than willing to have Terra or Ven or whomever take care of him, instead of truly try and help him. Whatever it is he wants KH for, it seems to be on a much wider scale.

Well, by revealed I meant the true identity. Wasn't Xemnas' identity revealed about midway through KH2?

True, and I wasn't entirely sure if MX was referring to DS there. For a while, I thought he was talking about Terra being a monster, and was talking to Ven when he said this.

And that last bit was just my own speculation, based on DS being the "monster" MX is talking about. XD It always seemed as if MX had lost control of DS (or something along those lines) if he wants someone to correct his mistake, but again, it may not be DS he's referring to.

A

Audo

I'd sooner bet it on translation errors.
I read translations that someone made from the Japanese reports (this was before the English version of the game was released) and it still said basically the same thing. Hold on, i shall fetch the exact quote.

One of my six disciples, Xehanort, has volunteered himself as a test subject.
Since I found him collapsed in the street all those years ago and took him in,
he has become a youth who serves me well.
http://kh2.co.uk/pages/kh2/Reports.txt

Muse

you look atrocious
Well, by revealed I meant the true identity. Wasn't Xemnas' identity revealed about midway through KH2?

Yes, but you know what? Luxord and Xigbar's identities weren't revealed until long after Xemnas had done so. Does that mean that they're really the main enemy in KH2? No.

And that last bit was just my own speculation, based on DS being the "monster" MX is talking about. XD It always seemed as if MX had lost control of DS (or something along those lines) if he wants someone to correct his mistake, but again, it may not be DS he's referring to.

Or MX could be, you know, lying. To try and trick TAV into thinking that he's the victim here and lower their guards so he can kick their butts. :< Not like he really needs to do that, considering how immensely powerful he is compared to them, but it's just a thought.

~azure.requiem

&#12300;fukanou.wa.NANIMO. desu&#12301;
Awards
Website
azure-requiem.tumblr.com
BBs should be coming out summer of '09 in japan and we haven't gotten any updates thus far since the jump festa 2008 which was useless giving us stuff we already know, nothing new...so yeah how come we havent' see DS face yet? Why still hide his face? Have they came up with his face design yet? is dis the reason? does he have a face resemblance to someone that we already know? or is there nothing behind the helmet?
if he's a new character they should have shown his face by now. i mean look at Xion. they finally revealed hers. What do you think?
discuss.

~ maybe because he, like aqua, is one of those mysteries we have to wait for the game for. (in other words, he's reeeeeeally important.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back