• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why i believe new keyblades are not retcon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
they cant exactly be retcon if they showed the original keyblade in tgs 2008 which means its in the gameplay

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
they cant exactly be retcon if they showed the original keyblade in tgs 2008 which means its in the gameplay

Yes they can: It's called REDESIGN and EDITING. Disney Castle was supposed to originally be in KH1 as a visitable world, but it never showed up in gameplay in the final version, for example.

Disney_Castle_KH.jpg

And I wish we could use the original design for Terra's keyblade, by the way. I'm merely pointing out that it's most likely redesign. Nothing personal. ;D

Allister Rose

French Lover
Yes they can: It's called REDESIGN and EDITING. Disney Castle was supposed to originally be in KH1 as a visitable world, but it never showed up in gameplay in the final version, for example.

Disney_Castle_KH.jpg

And I wish we could use the original design for Terra's keyblade, by the way. I'm merely pointing out that it's most likely redesign. Nothing personal. ;D

the difference in that and the difference seen in BBS is that we already saw terra with his original keyblade in both cutscene and gameplay.

i also mentioned that the difference between two keyblades is the key chain and the sparks. the sparks resemble the charm aqua gave to both terra and ven and there keyblade riders looks far too close to the original design of there keyblades. the only difference is the blue-orange-and green gem which is the blue-green-orange gem we saw on there keyblades which also is the color of the charms they had obtained in a cutscene

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
the difference in that and the difference seen in BBS is that we already saw terra with his original keyblade in both cutscene and gameplay.

i also mentioned that the difference between two keyblades is the key chain and the sparks. the sparks resemble the charm aqua gave to both terra and ven and there keyblade riders looks far too close to the original design of there keyblades. the only difference is the blue-orange-and green gem which is the blue-green-orange gem we saw on there keyblades which also is the color of the charms they had obtained in a cutscene

blue, orange, and green is also the color of their keychains which actually have gems in them, not their charms so it still isn't saying much, And also we've seen a cutscene with DS, who's keyblade was altered as well, and Aqua's outfit was changed. A lot of changes were made through the viewing of scans ad cutscenes, so as much as i'd like to believe that they'd bring back Terra's keyblade, i'm more willing to believe that they just plain and simply redesigned the keyblades.

From the day Terra's new Keyblade was shown in Famitsu, I am disturbed by the redesigns. The cover art shows them too, so the secret ending now does not make sense anymore.

So, I still believe they are retcons.

ever heard the term of non canon. Even the Fenrir, and Ultima keyblade couldn't keep their memorable shapes

Allister Rose

French Lover
blue, orange, and green is also the color of their keychains which actually have gems in them, not their charms so it still isn't saying much, And also we've seen a cutscene with DS, who's keyblade was altered as well, and Aqua's outfit was changed. A lot of changes were made through the viewing of scans ad cutscenes, so as much as i'd like to believe that they'd bring back Terra's keyblade, i'm more willing to believe that they just plain and simply redesigned the keyblades.

ever heard the term of non canon. Even the Fenrir, and Ultima keyblade couldn't keep their memorable shapes

You do realize you repeated what i said. Zion you forgot about kh1 with oathkeeper.

Kairi gave sora her goodluck "charm" and sora use it as a keychain anyways and turned it into a different keychain, both hold similar shape, but the differences are there

and as for Vanitas, nothing much has changed, many saw his chain even in the gameplay but it was hidden. i don't see any change at all in anything else other than TA keyblades and aqua's outfit, but other than that, nothing major, and they do inform us.

again the tgs 2008 trailer showed both cutscene and gameplay of terra's keyblade. aqua's original keyblade was only shown in a cutscene.

and i doubt that nomura just changed it without telling anyone. everytime they change something they actually inform us (well when it comes to BBS)

Theart

Awards
You do realize you repeated what i said. Zion you forgot about kh1 with oathkeeper.

Kairi gave sora her goodluck "charm" and sora use it as a keychain anyways and turned it into a different keychain, both hold similar shape, but the differences are there

and as for Vanitas, nothing much has changed, many saw his chain even in the gameplay but it was hidden. i don't see any change at all in anything else other than TA keyblades and aqua's outfit, but other than that, nothing major, and they do inform us.

again the tgs 2008 trailer showed both cutscene and gameplay of terra's keyblade. aqua's original keyblade was only shown in a cutscene.

and i doubt that nomura just changed it without telling anyone. everytime they change something they actually inform us (well when it comes to BBS)

The only noticeable difference is how much shorter Oathkeeper is in KH2. That and the fact it's less strong than the original KH1 version.

Terra's keyblade was the change I DIDN'T expect. It was perfect as it was. I'm fine with the new version, but I did prefer the old one. No argument there.

Aqua was the one Nomura kept hidden for quite a while. We saw her in TGS 2008, and that was pretty much it. Only scans of her we had were ones from cutscenes and about five seconds of gameplay from the trailer. It seems to me that Aqua was probably a difficult one for Nomura to make final decisions on. He changed her outfit several times, so why not her keyblade?

And as for Ven's keyblade... that one was barely changed at all. Only slight revisions, compared to Aqua and Terra's keyblade changes... And I actually like the updates to Ven's keyblade. XD *Shot*

DreamWeaper

Well, what if they just get different keyblades for the different worlds they visit? Kind of like Sora, he had many different keyblades. Is it wrong that it could be that simple?

Allister Rose

French Lover
The only noticeable difference is how much shorter Oathkeeper is in KH2. That and the fact it's less strong than the original KH1 version.

Terra's keyblade was the change I DIDN'T expect. It was perfect as it was. I'm fine with the new version, but I did prefer the old one. No argument there.

Aqua was the one Nomura kept hidden for quite a while. We saw her in TGS 2008, and that was pretty much it. Only scans of her we had were ones from cutscenes and about five seconds of gameplay from the trailer. It seems to me that Aqua was probably a difficult one for Nomura to make final decisions on. He changed her outfit several times, so why not her keyblade?

And as for Ven's keyblade... that one was barely changed at all. Only slight revisions, compared to Aqua and Terra's keyblade changes... And I actually like the updates to Ven's keyblade. XD *Shot*

why not the aqua's keyblade change? thats sonds like a retorical question.

anyways, we need to consider that there are keychains on here keyblades. and again, the charm can change aswell.

considering that the charms given by aqua are similar to those of the keychains, i'm willing to bet that the keychain is the charms given by aqua.

also if you notice, each character had a default weapon, sora's wooden sword, roxas struggle bat.

TAV? maybe keychainless original design

Theart

Awards
why not the aqua's keyblade change? thats sonds like a retorical question.

anyways, we need to consider that there are keychains on here keyblades. and again, the charm can change aswell.

considering that the charms given by aqua are similar to those of the keychains, i'm willing to bet that the keychain is the charms given by aqua.

also if you notice, each character had a default weapon, sora's wooden sword, roxas struggle bat.

TAV? maybe keychainless original design

Okay, firstly: The default weapon for Sora was the option of having a sword, a shield or a staff. Those three decided what kind of combat style you were going to focus on. And the struggle bats were the same case: Offensive bat, defensive bat and whacky (magic) bat.

I doubt that the keychainless original designs are the default weapons. Plus Ventus was shown with a wooden sword himself in a recent scan.

Also, I'm not saying that we can't change keychains. In fact I hope we do. I'm betting that TAV's lucky charms will be keychains like Kairi's Lucky Charm was the keychain for Oathkeeper. All I'm saying is that I highly doubt that the original designs for TAV's keychainless keyblades will show in BBS.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Okay, firstly: The default weapon for Sora was the option of having a sword, a shield or a staff. Those three decided what kind of combat style you were going to focus on. And the struggle bats were the same case: Offensive bat, defensive bat and whacky (magic) bat.

I doubt that the keychainless original designs are the default weapons. Plus Ventus was shown with a wooden sword himself in a recent scan.

Also, I'm not saying that we can't change keychains. In fact I hope we do. I'm betting that TAV's lucky charms will be keychains like Kairi's Lucky Charm was the keychain for Oathkeeper. All I'm saying is that I highly doubt that the original designs for TAV's keychainless keyblades will show in BBS.

kind of self contradicting if you think about it.

them obtaining keycharms on there journey and

everything, i'm pretty sure the keychain will be removable and be reverted to the original design.

also no one seems to know why the keyblade riders look like the original keychainless keyblade.

look at the platform aqua is standing on and look at the riginal keyblade. look at terra's in kh2FM and in the scenes in the game and compare it to the keyblade in kh2fm

Theart

Awards
kind of self contradicting if you think about it.

them obtaining keycharms on there journey and

everything, i'm pretty sure the keychain will be removable and be reverted to the original design.

also no one seems to know why the keyblade riders look like the original keychainless keyblade.

look at the platform aqua is standing on and look at the riginal keyblade. look at terra's in kh2FM and in the scenes in the game and compare it to the keyblade in kh2fm

Since when have we ever been able to do that in other games? I doubt it'll happen.

And "keyblade riders", and "original keychainless keyblade" is being rather vague. Are you referring to the fake keyblade Ansem SoD made in KH1? It looks hardly like TAV's keyblades at all, original design or the redesign versions. And what platforms? We have not seen the murals TAV each have in their Destati's yet.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i wonder fi you are actually rambling or actually confused with everything i said.

seein TAV holding no keychains in multiple scenes and gameplay is enoguh proof that it is a high possiblity and most likely plot-wise. idoutbt nomura jsut got azy and just gave complete redesign.

and how did you confuse ansem SOD into this?

Theart

Awards
i wonder fi you are actually rambling or actually confused with everything i said.

seein TAV holding no keychains in multiple scenes and gameplay is enoguh proof that it is a high possiblity and most likely plot-wise. idoutbt nomura jsut got azy and just gave complete redesign.

and how did you confuse ansem SOD into this?

Okay then...

If we followed your logic, and assumed that because we saw things in trailers that that automatically equaled confirmation that it'll be in the final game version....

Then explain why the Behemoths in the E3 2004 trailer didn't show in KH2.

Battle_of_the_1000_Heartless.jpg

And Donald and Goofy weren't fighting with you in the final version of the 1000 Heartless Fight either. Just Sora.

And I'm only assuming you're referring to Ansem SoD based on the very words you said: "original keychainless keyblade"

First one we ever saw was the Heart Unlocker in KH1.

If not that then what are you referring to? It seems to me you're the one rambling. Sorry, but please be more specific with what you're talking about.

Allister Rose

French Lover
that was a cutscene, the orignal keyblade designs were shown in both cutscenes AND gameplay.

Also

i was reffering to this image.

keybladerider.jpg

Theart

Awards
that was a cutscene, the orignal keyblade designs were shown in both cutscenes AND gameplay.

Also

i was reffering to this image.

keybladerider.jpg

Okay, thank you for clarifying that part.

So you want design changes from both screenshots and cutscenes?

Take a look at the evolution of Birth By Sleep's command and HP, Focus, and D-Link Bars from each trailer and scans.

Initial design, with a blue command menu and only HP Bar (2007)
Castle_of_dreams.jpg

First update, with new Command Menu and first version of Focus Bar (Jump Festa 2008)
Terraandambers.jpg

Second update New Focus Bar Design plus the original design for the D-Link Bar (TGS 2008)
tgs-2008-kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep-hands-on.jpg

Final update and design for Command and Focus, D-Link, HP Bars (TGS 2009)
Venspeedrave.png

BBS has constantly been changing. And the new keyblade designs popped up the same time as the Final design for the Bars and Command Menu.

Allister Rose

French Lover
you notice that they are only "adding" not "changing".

changes are often confirmed when it comes to BBS

Theart

Awards
you notice that they are only "adding" not "changing".

changes are often confirmed when it comes to BBS

No, look at the D-Link Bar for example. That thing changed BIG time in between TGS 2008 and TGS 2009. Originally, it was like the Drive bar in KH2, but then they completely changed it to what we see now. Very different look IMO. The Focus bar is now where the D-Link is.

Allister Rose

French Lover
yeah i suppose, but that's only visual change that wont affect gameplay.

like i said, the new keyblades arrived the same time they revealed aqua giving terra and ven the keychains.
i dont tihnk it's retcon, i tihnk's it's plot-wise.

also the TAV keyblade mobiles thing again.

the riders look far too close to the original keyblade design

here is another with terra's

Terra_keybike.jpg

Last edited:

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
yeah i suppose, but that's only visual change that wont affect gameplay.

like i said, the new keyblades arrived the same time they revealed aqua giving terra and ven the keychains.
i dont tihnk it's retcon, i tihnk's it's plot-wise.

also the TAV keyblade mobiles thing again.

the riders look far too close to the original keyblade design

here is another with terra's

Terra_keybike.jpg

ah! i see what you're talking about. Nice observation :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back