• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► Why I fell out of love with Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
While you have your points that I can agree with, in spite of the story, and character flaws, I still can't help but enjoy Lingdom Hearts, Not just 1, but COM, 2, Days, DDD, and of I can get 2.5 finally play BBS. If your feeling a lack of magic missing I understand. I've seen a lot of people hear make large texts, and I should as well, but I can't be bothered to do so right now, and express my feelings. I'm half and half. I enjoy what we have, but understand the flaws, and wish things could have gone in other ways. I'll make my own editorial. But it
l come off more as a ramble.

slinky

One Step at A Time
AAI_Miles_Edgeworth_Bowing.gif
Always happy to give a post someone was hoping to see. lol
It is true. Most first games will carry a feelings sequels don't or sequels will develop a feeling of their own too keep you drawn. The problem, I think, is that none of the games have any feeling at all. Ya know?

At this point I think they've kept the fanbase waiting too long. I was never one to cry or demand KH3 but a look at the fanbase as only an older fan like me or you could see it shows something. The love is gone, many forums are barely clinging to life and nowadays you never see the types of discussions me or you began with.
It has gained some newer fans thanks to how many children had a DS or how many had a PS3 but these fans come into a story already made a mess with interviews and so on. They like it for what it is now while I can only remember for how it was.....I've went off on a tangent. Sorry haha.

Point is all the ones that cared the most seem to be all but gone or like me and unable to give the slightest care about KH3.

It's true, I do always wonder what it would have been like if they had actually done better dubbing on some of the parts and animated more of the conversations. I mean the people who did the voices for it were cool but A lot of the feeling was lost in soulless dialogue boxes. Which, sometimes I really felt like were there only because they were too lazy to animate a actually conversation. Especially on certain lines throughout the whole series that should have been emphasis points... Instead they were often things that I was quickly pressing the, "X" button through In between deaths or something Lol

I Also agree they've really put those who were once maybe some of the most passionate video game fans at the time to the wayside without a care. I understand that they like to focus the Final Fantasy games and I also know that Disney is very particular about how their characters appear but seriously it's been so many years between games that there's no telling who they will have in it. From the sound of it everyone from Baymax to Beast! lol

I'm still interested in playing but all the years and definitely deteriorated my passion for, "What's Next" but that all started when they decided to split from the PS2 and torture us by making those card games and other store lines on every platform they could grasp that I didn't have. Looking back it was really disheartening how they did it. You could feel the, "push" from what they knew we wanted.... and what was going to make them the most money.

Still love what it meant to me at a young age and no matter what direction the next one goes, I'll always remember the series as a great part of my childhood video game wise.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
I wasn't talking about the text boxes there but your right, that certainly didn't help either. Small conversation I can understand but it did feel way to box heavy for a console game. It didn't help that mistranslations happened in KH2 either. Like Braig being spelled wrong or Roxas' line of "why did he pick you!?" when it's more akin too "why was you chosen?!".

What makes it even sadder is that the reins on the disney properties have lessened with each game. It's why Mickey goes from one scene in KH1 to more scenes in CoM & KH2 to a huge role later.

I used to agree with that but at this stage I dont find it so much the series being spread that's the problem but that every game was so damn integral to understanding the story. Series have side or portable games all the time but most of the time they're just that, small stories. Fun to indulge in but not necessary to understand the main line of games.
Nomura botched that horribly which is why console spread became a problem. Having to gather so many games onto collections just so fans can keep up isn't a good thing in many aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back