• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► Why I fell out of love with Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I honestly think if anything Nomura needs to take a step back and let someone else be in charge of a kingdom hearts game.

And it needs new writers.

Vasquez

Awards
Yep, ever since, Chain of Memories, Nomura with off the deep end with the ambiguity.

I don't really have a problem with Kairi and othersremaining flat characters, though.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Yo, the Invisibles are the best Heartless of all time. The best Heartless of all time!

i kind of agree. they were real mysterious, powerful and difficult to defeat. and their design was just OP, yet they're purebloods!? they raise more questions than they should but they pull if off, not to mention fighting them as a kid was eerie as fuck.

The Rocky Shoe

i kind of agree. they were real mysterious, powerful and difficult to defeat. and their design was just OP, yet they're purebloods!? they raise more questions than they should but they pull if off, not to mention fighting them as a kid was eerie as diddly.
Yea. They looked like buffed warriors that seemed to somehow to swordsmanship and very wierd magic. They also had an awesome design. They make me wonder what Heartless we would find if someone in the series chose to go deep in the RoD. Must be some very powerful creatures just waiting for someone to go deep in it.

Angel Stars are also powerful although they're Emblems. Their designed looked like Holy creatures although they're made of Darkness. And going by the description "they were born of Holy spells". Not to mention when it's many of them it's a nuance to deal with Since they're shielding and magic are OP, especially when I was young. I wonder why the Heartless machine hasn't created a boss that's similar to the Angel Star.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Yea. They looked like buffed warriors that seemed to somehow to swordsmanship and very wierd magic. They also had an awesome design. They make me wonder what Heartless we would find if someone in the series chose to go deep in the RoD. Must be some very powerful creatures just waiting for someone to go deep in it.

Angel Stars are also powerful although they're Emblems. Their designed looked like Holy creatures although they're made of Darkness. And going by the description "they were born of Holy spells". Not to mention when it's many of them it's a nuance to deal with Since they're shielding and magic are OP, especially when I was young. I wonder why the Heartless machine hasn't created a boss that's similar to the Angel Star.

end of the world had a very distinct feel to it, i think the RoD should be a lot more like it. bbs 0.2 has the chance to be amazing.

The Rocky Shoe

end of the world had a very distinct feel to it, i think the RoD should be a lot more like it. bbs 0.2 has the chance to be amazing.
There could be some awesome designed and powerful Heartless Aqua could encounter in there. And if she goes deep in it there should be some that she has to avoid. Like some omega Heartless or something. It'd feel more threatening for me. In fact this is basically the only reason I'm interested in 0.2. To see some epic Heartless.

Anagram

Banned
i kind of agree. they were real mysterious, powerful and difficult to defeat. and their design was just OP, yet they're purebloods!? they raise more questions than they should but they pull if off, not to mention fighting them as a kid was eerie as fuck.

Agreed. Those things used to reck my shit until I learned to use stop on them.

Vulpeus1041

There could be some awesome designed and powerful Heartless Aqua could encounter in there. And if she goes deep in it there should be some that she has to avoid. Like some omega Heartless or something. It'd feel more threatening for me. In fact this is basically the only reason I'm interested in 0.2. To see some epic Heartless.

Whats with bbs 2, is it going to be the same level as the one where she fought the dark hide, a mini episode?

Vulpeus1041

You'd be surprised how easy.

I feel out of love because of the birth by sleep game, I loved the potential, but it only served to connect points, I hated doing the same thing three times. And the whole game was badly scripted, the only good parts were from everyone but the three heroes. Gullible characters, and terrible voice acting, everyone else was great

Last edited:

slinky

One Step at A Time
You know.... I was hoping i'd run in to a post like this. The funny thing about this series Kingdom Hearts is it never truly leaves me. Me even being here right now is a perfect example. It's been a long time since i've been consistently around these forums. A simpler time definitely, when my greatest worries were what my pop quiz was going to be about in middle school ten years years ago. Now I'm a college graduate and well... here I am again looking around to see what the big news is again. It's a series that hasn't gotten old to me and I really don't know what it would take to ruin it for me. (Though I hope they don't give me a reason to ever haha)

I respect your opinions on all of it and I agree that the First Kingdom Hearts DID have a special feel to it but a lot of times the first one does in any series. I too had a bit of lack luster feeling when Kari met Sora met in KH2 but it's all apart of the story. Her memories of him had long been damaged and i think even after she got them back it was hard for her to accept that it was all real when she finally met Sora Again.

By the time they finally got to Riku, I think she was somewhat traumatized by what had happened to him. I mean Sora has had it rough over the years but Riku sure did sacrifice a lot himself. I mean.... The guy lost his own body along the way! Lol There should have been a less awkward meeting indeed but hey there's still time for them have those Moments in the next one, right?

I mean sure it's been years since the second one but I'm still eagerly waiting the third as I know most of us are . (Hopefully haha)

But If there's people who are not excited still I understand, they've sure kept us waiting a long time for the third one.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
You'd be surprised how easy.
For me, it would be hard to ever fully quit the series because Disney characters will always be included (no matter how their being sidelined grates on me). Of course, it's going to get harder with an increasing influx of properties I don't care about--for instance, of the Disney worlds we know will be in KH3, I'm only excited about one of them, and we haven't even learned about all the slots Pixar films and Disney's live-action crap will eat up--so we'll see.

I agree with you though. I'm nowhere near as into this series as I used to be, and you've listed most of the reasons why. I'm not even sure this series could right itself in after KH3; it'll probably keep spinning.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well at least the second saga will have a clean slate due to all the conflict and loose threads being wrapped up in KH3. That in itself is enough to keep me still invested. Part of me hopes that Disney's sudden involvement in KH3 will extend to games afterwards as well

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Good read man, and I totally and whole-heartedly agree. I used to look up all these theories and stuff religiously (BHK anyone?), even had a laugh when I suggest Jesse McCartney would sound perfect as Roxas after first seeing his picture at the end of CoM back in 2004, before he was even announced. This game series was literally my life and always been a shining star in it.

But now all these years later, I feel like each game following KH2 is just an obligation so I can finally get to 3, for which I've been waiting since 2006 for, and any lingering sentiments can be laid to rest. Then depending how 3 is handled, I'd give the next 'saga' another go, perhaps that saga would have better cohesiveness as opposed to what seems like being made up on the spot in each game (at least after KH2 is concerned).

Without a doubt, KH2FM is my favorite game ever made. There is zero contest, even importing it back in 2007 and modding my PS2 just to play it shows my love and devotion. But none of the game could even capture a glimmer of that spark that 2 had. I do have a large admiration for the original as you, but all the better aspects they implemented in 2 just win me over.

The original Kingdom Hearts came out while I was in second grade, and after all this time, it seems I'll be graduated from college by the time 3 rolls around, even joking after 2 came out that 'by the time 3 comes out I'll be around Sora's age!" How little did I know just how long a wait we'd all be in for. I just hope the wait was worth it.

Songbird

Grrrr
Well at least the second saga will have a clean slate due to all the conflict and loose threads being wrapped up in KH3. That in itself is enough to keep me still invested. Part of me hopes that Disney's sudden involvement in KH3 will extend to games afterwards as well
Wow. Honestly I hadn't thought of it that way. I sure hope this holds true. But of course I won't hold my breath because who knows how long till the next major title after the next mysterious release date of the next major title XD

Vulpeus1041

I do wish they move onto a different universe, gaming universe?
They should move on from Disney

Smithee

Awards
I didn't mind all the retcons until DDD -- that game had more than all the others combined.

Nomura could've used it to clear up a few things and ease us over a bit until KH3, but nope, he decided to scramble everything more than ever and cause us to be too burned-out to really appreciate KH3.

Anagram

Banned
You know.... I was hoping i'd run in to a post like this. The funny thing about this series Kingdom Hearts is it never truly leaves me. Me even being here right now is a perfect example. It's been a long time since i've been consistently around these forums. A simpler time definitely, when my greatest worries were what my pop quiz was going to be about in middle school ten years years ago. Now I'm a college graduate and well... here I am again looking around to see what the big news is again. It's a series that hasn't gotten old to me and I really don't know what it would take to ruin it for me. (Though I hope they don't give me a reason to ever haha)

I respect your opinions on all of it and I agree that the First Kingdom Hearts DID have a special feel to it but a lot of times the first one does in any series. I too had a bit of lack luster feeling when Kari met Sora met in KH2 but it's all apart of the story. Her memories of him had long been damaged and i think even after she got them back it was hard for her to accept that it was all real when she finally met Sora Again.

By the time they finally got to Riku, I think she was somewhat traumatized by what had happened to him. I mean Sora has had it rough over the years but Riku sure did sacrifice a lot himself. I mean.... The guy lost his own body along the way! Lol There should have been a less awkward meeting indeed but hey there's still time for them have those Moments in the next one, right?

I mean sure it's been years since the second one but I'm still eagerly waiting the third as I know most of us are . (Hopefully haha)

But If there's people who are not excited still I understand, they've sure kept us waiting a long time for the third one.
AAI_Miles_Edgeworth_Bowing.gif
Always happy to give a post someone was hoping to see. lol
It is true. Most first games will carry a feelings sequels don't or sequels will develop a feeling of their own too keep you drawn. The problem, I think, is that none of the games have any feeling at all. Ya know?

At this point I think they've kept the fanbase waiting too long. I was never one to cry or demand KH3 but a look at the fanbase as only an older fan like me or you could see it shows something. The love is gone, many forums are barely clinging to life and nowadays you never see the types of discussions me or you began with.
It has gained some newer fans thanks to how many children had a DS or how many had a PS3 but these fans come into a story already made a mess with interviews and so on. They like it for what it is now while I can only remember for how it was.....I've went off on a tangent. Sorry haha.

Point is all the ones that cared the most seem to be all but gone or like me and unable to give the slightest care about KH3.

For me, it would be hard to ever fully quit the series because Disney characters will always be included (no matter how their being sidelined grates on me). Of course, it's going to get harder with an increasing influx of properties I don't care about--for instance, of the Disney worlds we know will be in KH3, I'm only excited about one of them, and we haven't even learned about all the slots Pixar films and Disney's live-action crap will eat up--so we'll see.

I agree with you though. I'm nowhere near as into this series as I used to be, and you've listed most of the reasons why. I'm not even sure this series could right itself in after KH3; it'll probably keep spinning.
Your doing better than me then because I'm not interested in any of the KH3 worlds revealed so far. haha
To be honest it can't right itself with the way Nomura keeps adding on or stretching the story in so many directions. Right now you need two collections, three when 2.8 is out, Chi, interviews and a decent understanding of reports in several games to understand this story. Nothing about the story is focused where it should be. For the longest time it's been Sora reliving the movie plot with a Xehanort doing things off screen only for you to beat him at the end.

Wow. Honestly I hadn't thought of it that way. I sure hope this holds true. But of course I won't hold my breath because who knows how long till the next major title after the next mysterious release date of the next major title XD
A bit too soon to be calling that don't ya think? Sure Xehanort will be gone after KH3 but how many threads will honestly be wrapped up with him? Nomura swept a lot of unanswered questions under the rug in DDD by saying it was all the old Xehanort's doing but every time you turn around something is being added to Chi that is ambiguous or a mystery needing answered.
If memory serves one of the recent interviews posted had him saying he wasn't even sure where to go after KH3 right? If Kh4 is just gonna be a game made with concept ideas like rest of them have been so far then there's no way he's got something thought out to be cohesive at this stage.

Like Songbird I'm incredibly skeptical KH3 can wrap up everything or do the next saga any differently given the current 13yr track record. I just dont have that faith or optimisim in Nomura or whoever is helping write the games.

Good read man, and I totally and whole-heartedly agree. I used to look up all these theories and stuff religiously (BHK anyone?), even had a laugh when I suggest Jesse McCartney would sound perfect as Roxas after first seeing his picture at the end of CoM back in 2004, before he was even announced. This game series was literally my life and always been a shining star in it.

But now all these years later, I feel like each game following KH2 is just an obligation so I can finally get to 3, for which I've been waiting since 2006 for, and any lingering sentiments can be laid to rest. Then depending how 3 is handled, I'd give the next 'saga' another go, perhaps that saga would have better cohesiveness as opposed to what seems like being made up on the spot in each game (at least after KH2 is concerned).

Without a doubt, KH2FM is my favorite game ever made. There is zero contest, even importing it back in 2007 and modding my PS2 just to play it shows my love and devotion. But none of the game could even capture a glimmer of that spark that 2 had. I do have a large admiration for the original as you, but all the better aspects they implemented in 2 just win me over.

The original Kingdom Hearts came out while I was in second grade, and after all this time, it seems I'll be graduated from college by the time 3 rolls around, even joking after 2 came out that 'by the time 3 comes out I'll be around Sora's age!" How little did I know just how long a wait we'd all be in for. I just hope the wait was worth it.
Oh man Blonde Haired Kid, way to make me feel old. x'D
They definitely feel like obligation. They basically are given that KH3's story is basically built off every game after KH2.
I imported it too, swap magic was awesome~ Second grade he says....*feels older lol*

To be honest KH2 was better technical wise with how Sora comboed faster or camera control. My main issues with it are mostly just how easy it was or the story/writing.
I've always seen it like this. KH1 had the better writing but KH2 had more gameplay potential. (if it had been a bit harder or had tech points it'd have been perfect)

I didn't mind all the retcons until DDD -- that game had more than all the others combined.

Nomura could've used it to clear up a few things and ease us over a bit until KH3, but nope, he decided to scramble everything more than ever and cause us to be too burned-out to really appreciate KH3.
What's so ironic is that DDD and Chi added more than what Xehanort's "revelations" threw out the window....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back