• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why I still love Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Uhm...I hope I picked the right category to put this and that it's okay for me to name it an Editorial. :) If not, feel free to correct me of course. ^-^

(started on January 26th)

I don't remember the real reason I started writing this. I suppose I asked myself the question why I still like Kingdom Hearts after being disappointed by so many things in the games. Well, I suppose it's gonna be a long read for anyone who dives into it. :)
Another short note though: I know my knowledge on the series is not even close to perfect and I might say something that sounds "wrong" to someone who knows better or more than me (especially on the Days part). Please don't feel offended. My view on certain things and characters sure is harsh and I know I'm overdoing it sometimes (even on purpose from time to time), but I mean no harm with it to any of you. :)
PPS: The pictures were meant to fluff it up a little...checking, I see it didn't work, but I love Terra's face on the one with him on it so I'll keep them for the lulz (and because it took me some time to add them to it D: ).
Anyways let's get started!

S8AHjQC.png

I actually remember getting the first Kingdom Hearts game as if it had been yesterday. My father took me and my brother to an electronic store back on the day cause it had been my birthday a day before that and we wanted new video games badly. Seriously, we were those typical video game kids, owned all kinds of gaming platforms and such.
So it was February 27th 2007 and now-12-year-old me was reaaally hyped to get an awesome new game. While my brother decided to get Final Fantasy XII I couldn't decide what to get for a while. Funnily enough, I wanted something that looked a little darker at first and came to a halt in front of the cover of Kingdom Hearts. I wondered for a second why there were weird guys and Donald and Goofy on the cover, but didn't mind too much, so I checked the back for more information.
Once I read it was supposed to be both Disney and Final Fantasy combined in some way, I just had to get it, but Kingdom Hearts II was standing right next to it and I really wasn't too smart of a kid back then I suppose. It never occurred to me to check the spine of the game to check which one was the first installment. Instead, I just thought to myself “lol, dat main character kid looks younger here“ and got KH1 (luckily...xD). (Dark games were completely forgotten at that time)
We got home and ugh, was I happy my brother had his own PS2 cause otherwise there would've been serious fights about who gets to play his game first.​

I hadn't checked the back too thoroughly so I was quite surprised the voice acting was in German. And was I happy about that! I love Disney movies, I always did, and I prefer them in German over English a lot, so realizing the Disney characters would be voiced in German was a blessing.
The dive into the heart was quite fascination, mysterious and of course Mickey's advice, oh well. I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers failing to jump on the weapon-platforms because of how awful Sora jumps. :) The Darkside-fight was...well, unexpected, to be honest. The Shadows looked soo cute and small and then BOOM this gigantic enemy pops up.​
Jumping to the Destiny Islands was like a culture shock. It was such a happy, peaceful place even with SoRiKai's thoughts and planning of leaving for good. The music alone had me wondering why the cover of the game looked so dark and about the actual relevance of the dive into the heart opening.​
And holy shit, the race against Riku was the first reason for me to almost throw the game out of the window. I absolutely hate bad platforming and KH's jumping and platforming was the absolute worst at that (with the first Spyro installment coming close from time to time, but that's a different story :p). While I am easily able to win that race now, it was near impossible for me at that time.
So there we were, with an overwhelming amount of provisions for our journey (seriously, did they think they'd find a new place to live in like three hours or so?).​
Ohh, and the beautiful sunset, right? I did wonder though. Why did Kairi want to leave without Riku? It wasn't ever hinted that she didn't like him or anything. That was so rude, especially the way she bluffs it out after suggesting it. (Thinking back, it fits their relationship perfectly. Not like they seem to give any diddlys about each other, right?)​

So the second Sora freaks out about the raft, I really wondered why they would be dumb enough to just leave it there. And why they would be dumb enough to – each on his own!!! - swim over to the island through a storm. Like...what the damn, kids, have you gone nuts?
But I didn't care for too long because when Sora arrived on the islands with the Shadows popping up, I realized the dive into the heart had not just been a creepy dream of a boy going on a journey. It had been the reality we'd get to know soon. And let's not forget the music here. Night of Fate was a beautiful track to introduce the player to the darkness overwhelming the islands.​
So, Sora finds Riku at the paopu tree, luckily, only for him to...give in to some kind of dark powers? Well k then, thanks for nothing Riku. Wait where's Kai- ah damn…​
Oh well, and then we finally get the Masterswo- err, Keyblade! Woooohooooo! What a stupid and impractical kind of weapon, but hey, finally able to defeat AAAALL those Shadows!​
…​
Yes, I tried. Was I having fun fighting them for what felt like an hour? No. Was I dumb enough to realize the door to the secret place? Hell, yes, I freaking was.​
But I did in the end and it was probably for the better I had used them for training. I was completely new to action games at that time and thus appreciated the level ups I think I got. On continuous playthroughs, I made good use of Wakka for that, but at that time, I had forgotten about it (thinking I'd have another day on the Islands to do that, seriously.)​
But the second the door opened, with Kairi disappearing again, and the Darkside being up for another fight (which I actually lost a few times, all hail unskippable cutscenes duh), I realized this game was fiiinally starting for real.​

At that time, I appreciated the emptiness of Traverse Town, because for the time being, it made sense as Sora was indeed on his own now, with some weird kind of key, his friends lost, his home lost, everything he ever knew was just gone. I feel he answered his own question of “is any of this for real...or not?”, saying it indeed isn't a dream what is happening to him (another reason I'd be mad if everything turned out to be one after KH3).​
Back then, I didn't really get why the Final Fantasy characters here looked so different than the ones on the Destiny Islands, and wondered who that weird Leon guy was (I had heard about Selphie somehow, I guess. But him? He didn't even look like Squall! And seriously. Leon? Leon Leonheart? Leon Squallheart? Oh spare me).​
But even though I was still confused about what was going on, things started to lighten up a little. We got some new friends, including Donald and Goofy after some sucky boss fight. Yay, finally not alone anymore.​

Traveling the different worlds, I realized almost every single one of them confused me. Okay, there wasn't much of a labyrinth in Olympus and maybe Agrabah, but seriously, besides that? I got lost in Traverse Town, got lost in Wonderland wondering where I had to go (I did get all four boxes though!), got severely lost in the Deep Jungle (I FREAKING HATE THE PLATFORMING WHAT KIND OF MONSTER MADE THAT SHIT) just as well as in Atlantica and Halloween Town (the graveyard parts and stuff..).
The absolute worst was Hollow Bastion though. Holy damn, I didn't only get lost here a lot but also missed some chest, didn't really get the underground labyrinth, dropped down THE WHOLE CASTLE BECAUSE OF SOME EVIL HEARTLESS and oh my...the infamous scene before the fight against Riku...Please make it stop, please don't ever release a game without unskippable scenes anymore, SE. I beg you.​

Still, even though the worlds confused me, I overall liked them a lot. Yes, even Atlantica. Even Hollow Bastion. They looked nice, they were just about the right size, it just felt nice. The only world I didn't like at all (and never did in ANY KH game) was Agrabah. But oh well…​

But ugh, this is getting way too long already.​
The first game was just magical overall. Everything was sort of in the unknown, we didn't really know our true enemy until late in the game...it was great.​
And I'll never forget running around as a little Shadow, that was damn cute. We were like Sora's will to be reunited with his friends even as a heartless. How cute is that?

Q65TRQd.png

I liked how Sora, Donald and Goofy had yet to grow close to each other and that this even had an impact on the gameplay like getting torn apart in the Deep Jungle. At this point of the game, while they did travel together, their goals and thoughts about the things happening weren't intertwined at all. It was more like a community of purpose. Sora needed a way to travel the worlds. Donald and Goofy needed the key. But there was not yet a real bond of friendship.​
And I really liked how that changed through the game. While in the beginning, they did what they felt they had to, they grew closer, realized that there are some things friends just do for each other, even if it sometimes took them a while to realize. The scene in which Donald and Goofy leave Sora is heartbreaking, but it even reinforces the impact of them guarding him from Riku in the Hollow Bastion castle when shit gets real. They don't do that because they think their task of staying with the key is not important anymore, but because they realized that they became friends on their journey and this connection was, at that point, even more important to them than what their king had told them to do. Seriously, that might be one of my favorite scenes in the game because of how it summarized their development as a trio.​

It's sad none of the games ever focussed on Sora, Riku and Kairi as a trio as much. Or all the trios at that. Everything about the trios (SRK, RAX and TAV) seemed forced and not really believable. Sometimes the games tried (with Sora and Riku for example) but someone was always left out (mostly the girls, lol).

6ZORlim.jpg

I do still have my hopes up that SRK will turn into a nice trio in KH3. All it really needs is for Riku and Kairi to actually interact with each other even without Sora involved and Kairi having a personality that is not only based on what Sora means to her, does for her etc. I mean, they could be great, couldn't they! A PoH with pure light in her heart, someone who conquered the darkness and the key to everything. Booooom! It sounds so much better than it is at this moment, but still, the potential is there. Right now, the relationship between Sora and Riku is like a really nice bromance., if not my favorite one in games, seriously. They'd do anything and care deeply for each other. It doesn't matter if it's Sora dropping to his knees crying after finally finding Riku or Riku becoming a dream eater by instinct to save Sora: It is obvious they are best friends and would never hesitate to go through hell for one another.
Add Kairi to that and give her some personality and there we go. Right? RIGHT?

N2jKD2W.png

I'm more concerned about the other trios though. While TAV never seemed like friends but more like people who had just met and were going to be something around the lines of classmates, I at least see potential to make them nice as well. Give them time for a reunion in KH3 or maybe even afterwards in another saga.​
Let them start anew, this time as a trio traveling together, looking out for each other. Let Terra conquer his darkness in some way. Let his friends be the light he needs to not fall for it. Let Aqua get some rest by showing her Terra and Ventus can look after themselves while still relying on her advice if needed. Let Ventus prove to them he's not the baby they treated him like and yet let him still keep them as his guidance as they do have more experience than he does.​
What I'm trying to say is: Just let them develop from what could have already been in BBS and I see no problem with them becoming a nice trio as well.

JLrhFWd.jpg

RAX though. Well, this is troublesome.​
I won't dig too deep into how much I hate Roxas here BUT: The main reason I DO hate him is because of how he handles the relationship with his friends. Treats Xion like his pet, treats Axel like his slave, that's what he basically does no matter how he puts it. Axel and Xion weren't the bestest of friends towards the end of Days anymore anyways and since Axel seems to care about Roxas mostly (as does Xion) I have trouble believing their relationship will work out. Maybe it's just me being pessimistic but I just don't like RAX. It's just too much drama to handle for me.​

Trios aside (no need to focus on them too much), the overall character development of the series...let's say it needs to be improved. Instead of throwing in random new characters, they finally need to think about ways to actually chain the existing characters together. Have them interact, care, do things for each other instead of just existing next to one another. That would be nice and I hope KH3 let's it happen. Sure, it'll be heard to let all characters have a piece of the cake, but there is a chance.​

Out of all the games, I'd say regardless of the sometimes horrible gameplay, the first installment is my favorite one. It's not the one I play the most or have the most fun playing, but overall, it's what made me love the series, made me curious on what would be going to happen next.

jnMNdN4.png

As for gameplay, KH3 has yet to show if KH2 will still be my favorite here. I love the possibilities, drive forms, limits, the option to switch party members in battle, summons and all that stuff. The only thing the original KH2 lacked in gameplay in my opinion was the dodge roll ability which was added in the FM anyways so I don't really mind.​
I don't know why I keep having so much fun with this game, but it's just the way it works. Playing on high difficulties is actually fun because with a good strategy, you can beat 'em all. In KH1, I sometimes felt like the bad mechanics were to blame for losing some fights (I.Hate.Platforming.diddlythatmaleficientdragongoddamnit) and I didn't like that.​
I didn't mind the overall story of KH2 too much even though I often didn't understand stuff or it didn't make sense to me. But I'll be honest, everything was forgotten at the heartbreaking reunion scene of Sora and Riku and of course having Riku as a party member. I absolutely loved it. If there's one limit move I spammed in this game…
At this point, Riku was easily my favorite character for all that he did to save Sora alone. While I do like characters that turn from evil to good overall, I like them even more if they work hard in the process and don't just say "sorry" and all is well.
All in all, KH2 also had my favorite OST with soundtracks like Tension Rising or Sinister Sundown which were gorgeous and awesome and I loved them.​
Of course there's stuff I didn't like and Kairi was yet again useless sadly, but the game itself still is a lot of fun to me. And yes, I liked the Atlantica-part, although only in the german version...​

Then, after KH2 (which I actually got shortly after KH1), there was a long wait...okay, it was shorter for me than for others, but it was there.​
I didn't mind playing CoM at that time because I was no fan of GBA games except Pokémon Ruby which is my favorite installment of the series. I did play Re:CoM in the 1.5 ReMIX and liked the gameplay, but found the story rather...meh, boring. Repliku though. q.q Poor soul...

jJrSMcR.png

And then the day 358/2 Days released I rushed to get it only to be…​
Hella disappointed. I admit it, I NEVER finished this game, there was absolutely nothing about it I liked except​
a) Riku (PLAYABLE!!!!!!)​
b) The tracks Vector to the Heavens, Fight and Away and Dearly Beloved​
Roxas was absolutely awful. Whatever his friends did, he got mad like the little diddlyer he is, always wanted to make his own decisions, never let Xion make her own decisions, treated her like his pet, treated Axel like some sort of slave who's responsible for bringing Xion back or maybe not today because maybe today Roxas will get mad if you bring her back, Axel! You never know! It ticked me off, there was never any kind of sense in what Roxas did.​
Then Xion...ugh. Yay, another story to cry for, as if Roxas' hadn't been dramatic enough already, right? While it was clear from the start of the game that she'd be erased in one way or another, I never really felt anything for her personally. I felt sorry for her being treated just as stupid as Kairi, as some sort of filler for Roxas' drama and a reason to leave the Organization, but that's about it. I do think though she might yet become a likable character, but up to this point, she's just...nothing to me. Damn it, I sure want her to be the badass part of the trio. D:​
And as a person who already did not like Axel in KH2, this was the absolute worst. I felt sorry for him as well, being told to do all kinds of shit, being blamed if Xion runs away, being blamed if he doesn't bring her back, being blamed if he DOES bring her back, being blamed if he doesn't tell Roxas the truth, being blamed if he DOES tell Roxas the truth. Ugh, this guy had it rough. If I were him, I wouldn't give half a shit about Roxas and be glad to get rid of him.​
And the worst part of it all...where's the rest?? Why did I hope for more information on the other members? Why did I get hyped for more on Demyx or Zexion or Xigbar? Why was it often called “Roxas' time with the Orga” while it actually was “Roxas' time bitching around for a year pretending he cares for his two friends he sometimes has ice cream with”? There are still members we know almost nothing about and it really grinds my gears.​
I'd name something about the gameplay I liked but I don't even want to get started on my hate. The idea was okay, but ugh. I can only remember trying to play as Zexion. Once. Limited magic ftw, right.​
But to be true to myself: When I watched Days as a video, even I couldn't stop the feels, despite not even liking the characters.

pOeMArx.png

And then...daam daam daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam Birth by Sleep.​
Oh shit. I remember avoiding any spoilers on the characters because I had so many hopes for this game. Three wielders of the keyblade who are friends? Holy sh- awesome! Finally three wielders as a trio that's playable at the same time.​
Ha….hahaha.​
When I chose the first character (which was Terra because I thought it'd be best to go TVA), I actually still believed they'd travel together. I mean, why not?​
But it didn't take me long to realize I wouldn't be as happy with any of them as I had hoped. Still, once I had finally finished Terra's story (hating how he was obviously tricked in like every world), the game started to get fun with Ventus. While he sometimes acted like the child he was treated, I still thought most of his motives were understandable. Following Terra? Uhm yeah, after he failed the exam and just left of, I'd be worried as well, especially if some evil diddlyer told me Terra would be gone forever just before that. Did Terra or Aqua ever leave him before that? I don't think so. Yeah, I'd definitely be worried.​
I also did like Aqua. She was just like a perfect mother (those two idiots would sometimes have needed by their sides) and I found it a little sad her personality was (again) so focussed on the two (again…) boys.​
Whenever they met or talked, I shook my head in disbelief. How long do you guys know each other again? Why don't you even bother trying to talk things out? Would've thought Eraqus taught you some manners on not just dissing people or being mean and then running off like a big fat jerk (looking at all three of you actually!). There's just nothing like the irony of being “connected” while treating each other like shit and that's what they did most of the time.

And yet, talking about gameplay, I like this game. Okay, let's say I mostly liked it. I like having abilities stocked and being able (and forced) to arrange them according to any situation. But hell, if there's one thing I hated about this game it's the fact you basically needed to rely on the invincibility of the dodge moves a lot. Everyone knows where this is going: Terra's sucked. It sucked sucked sucked! Just as much as he did and that's saying a whole damn lot. Did I ever beat Vanitas Remnant or Mysterious Figure as Terra? No. Did I try more then once? Hell diddlying no! I like games that need you to build up a strategy. Games that are hard.​
I absolutely hate games that are unfair because of some failed mechanics. And not thinking about Terra's dodge move taking longer hence making him more vulnerable is a failure in my opinion.​
But all of that doesn't matter since my forever-favorite-character airs in this game, right?? In every fight against Vanitas, I couldn't even get mad for losing. At this point I want to thank Haley Joel Osment for his performance again. I know I'm being a little fangirl here but oooouuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh it's more than just peeeeeeeerfect. ♥ And yes, this character is one of the main reasons I played this game a lot of times (especially as Ventus) and hunted down the translated novels shortly after the game. Did I mind them not being canon? Yes, probably. Are they still canon in mah head? Yeh. Absolutely.​
So, err, overall, I liked BBS. I still see great potential in some of the characters to develop in the upcoming games, especially Aqua and Ventus and I sure hope it'll happen. Seriously, they might even turn out to become my favorite characters if done right, because I liked the bond they shared. Or let's say could have shared.

Btw I never played Re:Coded in german so not much to say about that. But I did like the gameplay of it a lot! And also: DATA RIKU. YAY.

But all of the details aside. All the characters, games, trios, the great music, the expectations, the reality, the long wait for KH3. The basic essence of this post (that got way too long really, lol), is:

At the end of the day, even though I know there's a lot of the games I know I get mad about and even flame them and make fun of it, I just know that it doesn't matter at all.​
Because in the end, I know I'll be the first person to scream with happiness once the KH3 release date is announced. I'll cry like a little baby the second the first soundtrack of the game is shown to the public and I sure will be crying in front of the cashier finally buying the game.

And the reason for that is, while the game does have flaws, sometimes a lot of them, sometimes almost too many to handle for me personally, it still is and will always be not only a big part of my childhood, but myself overall. I feared, laughed, hoped and cried alongside my favorite characters so many times, know certain lines word by word already after completing the games multiple times, hyped the game itself, hyped fanfiction, fanarts and Cosplayers, listen to the music about all day without intending to ever stop.

I loved saving the worlds from the bad guys, empathizing with the characters, making new friends all over the worlds. I liked the gameplay mechanics, the fights, the abilities, even most of the minigames, the development of the characters that did properly develop (and the potential of the other characters to do so as well).
And even though it hurts in the process, I also love dreaming about Kingdom Hearts 3, hoping there will be all the characters I like, soundtracks I listened to a lot and of course the Destiny Islands beach party I've been waiting for for the last nine years!

There are just so many reasons for me to love Kingdom Hearts and I don't even care if Kingdom Hearts 3 turns out to be a game of the year title once it releases. In the end, I know I'll love it as it is, like I love the series overall as it is.
Forever.​
(finished on February 1st)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Great Edititorial Void :).

You made some good points and some of your opinions match my own. While this series is far from perfect as you stated and has plenty of flaws, there is still some good things that keep my invested.

Most of all I'm looking forward to the new saga and a fresh new start for Nomura and the series

h.e.hassanein

This was a super sweet read :redface: this isn't the best time to be a kh fan so reading something like this is really soothing, thank you

Anagram

Banned
A very nice first editorial. Especially for a second language =D

Your parts on KH1 gave me nostalgia moments lol TuT

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Read all of this the other day when you published, but I never posted my comment. Whoops! I really enjoyed reading through this and feeling the love someone else has for the series. Just like Anagram said, I was really impressed by how well you used English, being that it isn't your native language. Nice job!

Pandymint

Awards
6/10 needs less Roxas hate.

Nah good job tho. The nostalgia. THE NOSTALGIA... Oh, I wish I could go back to those days and experience it all again...

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
6/10 needs more Roxas hate.

Ugh damn you're right, I'm sorry. :((

Nah good job tho. The nostalgia. THE NOSTALGIA... Oh, I wish I could go back to those days and experience it all again...

Lol yeh. The feeling when you did not know what was coming next and if there'd be a boss fight soon or if you'd see your friends again... q.q

Anagram

Banned
Surprised this isn't doing better since so many whined for more positivity.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Surprised this isn't doing better since so many whined for more positivity.

Anagram, on average you post around 30 times a day making you consistently the top user on the forums and you are the series most vocal disliker with virtually a slight variation of the same posts every day. What the hell do you think the forums are going to look like and why wouldn't someone who enjoys the series ask for a shift in conversation?

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Aww! A "Why I Still Love KH" thread. Very nice. Very nice, and very much appreciated:) Thank you for this, friend.

I actually don't have time to read this all now, but I'll be sure to get to it--and comment on it accordingly--as soon as I can.

One thing that stuck out to me, though, when I was just skimming through this, is your hope that Sora, Riku, and Kairi will be come a nice trio in III.

I still hope that, too=) Especially since I'm all but convinced part of the reason Nomura's been so silent about Kairi is because he has big things planned for her.

Also, in learning that the Jungle Slider in KH1 had three different tracks, and was probably aimed to be a race originally, makes me wonder if it was meant to be a thing between SRK, but story direction ended up making that impossible.

Now that Sora, Riku, and Kairi could well travel together some in this game, though, I think stuff like that could really be included and that they hopefully will (helping to balance the trio out some, in just having moments like that)!

I also agree with Swoosh, in that I'm really excited to see what the next saga might bring!:D

MikhaliX

These are my reasons for still being in love with Kingdom Hearts:

Pulled me out of drawing generic animu art. Thanks Nomura!

There's the amazing music that went along with it's picturesque sequences. The mixture of music and visual techniques that added extra flavor to the drama even if that drama was mostly nonsense. It's like candy for my eyes and ears. Candy that won't get me fat.

There's also the fun action sequences they adopted from Advent Children which I think worked well for it.

The fun combat and the brutally hard optional bosses which are fun to fight. ('cept for BBS's optional bosses. diddlying bullshit. with the worst combat design.)

I was also super in love with Kairi when I was 13. Now, I've got a thing for Aqua 13 years later.

The wait for KH3 has tested my patience and despite my cynicism and exasperation, I'll wait for KH3. I'll god damn wait for it.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Aww! A "Why I Still Love KH" thread. Very nice. Very nice, and very much appreciated:) Thank you for this, friend.

I actually don't have time to read this all now, but I'll be sure to get to it--and comment on it accordingly--as soon as I can.

One thing that stuck out to me, though, when I was just skimming through this, is your hope that Sora, Riku, and Kairi will be come a nice trio in III.

I still hope that, too=) Especially since I'm all but convinced part of the reason Nomura's been so silent about Kairi is because he has big things planned for her.

Also, in learning that the Jungle Slider in KH1 had three different tracks, and was probably aimed to be a race originally, makes me wonder if it was meant to be a thing between SRK, but story direction ended up making that impossible.

Now that Sora, Riku, and Kairi could well travel together some in this game, though, I think stuff like that could really be included and that they hopefully will (helping to balance the trio out some, in just having moments like that)!

I also agree with Swoosh, in that I'm really excited to see what the next saga might bring!:D

You mean like different paths the characters walk? :) I wouldn't mind SOME areas of the game which you only visit with certain characters, as long as it doesn't end BBS-style where shit goes down because they are forcefully split apart.

Yes, I'm still hoping for SRK (and for Kairi's character development!).
I hope you'll enjoy reading the whole thing! :)

These are my reasons for still being in love with Kingdom Hearts:

Pulled me out of drawing generic animu art. Thanks Nomura!

There's the amazing music that went along with it's picturesque sequences. The mixture of music and visual techniques that added extra flavor to the drama even if that drama was mostly nonsense. It's like candy for my eyes and ears. Candy that won't get me fat.

There's also the fun action sequences they adopted from Advent Children which I think worked well for it.

The fun combat and the brutally hard optional bosses which are fun to fight. ('cept for BBS's optional bosses. diddlying bullshit. with the worst combat design.)

I was also super in love with Kairi when I was 13. Now, I've got a thing for Aqua 13 years later.

The wait for KH3 has tested my patience and despite my cynicism and exasperation, I'll wait for KH3. I'll god damn wait for it.

I remember liking Kairi as well when I started the game. Sadly, she never really got much development, but I'm still hoping for KH3. :)
And yes, I'll be waiting.....for as long as I must. D:

BBS' bosses really were outstanding in not the best way imaginable, I agree on that. xD

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I still like KH because the games have great graphics, animation, and the possibility for great gameplay. I'm also fuckin' crazy for Disney movies.

Popsydoodles

Ah...Another fan disappointed with character development. Aren't we all...

Big hopes that KH3 introduces less new characters and works with the ones it already has. I think part of that issue is the separation of whats Disney and whats original content. If we could see more of the two entities meshing together besides just KH characters traveling in Disney worlds and having Disney things being more than just filler and plot devices, then maybe the characters could grow more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back