• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is Aqua so popular?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

flurryflames

Well I don't know about that Aqua did have to fight Braig then was almost immediately knocked-out by Vanitas so then like you said had to go up against a recently fused Venitas. I'd say Aqua had it harder.

Braig let her win. He only fought to make an diversion so that MX could carry out his plan. Ven had it harder than Aqua ever did to fight within himself. And then have the sacrificial outcome.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Braig let her win. He only fought to make an diversion so that MX could carry out his plan. Ven had it harder than Aqua ever did to fight within himself. And then have the sacrificial outcome.

Nah, the framing of that scene made it very clear that Aqua had the upper hand the whole time there. Braig only needed to hold her off for so long, but he ended up running away out of breath, while she would have been perfectly happy to chase him down and finish him off if she didn't have to take care of Ven.

And it's hard to say whose fight was harder -- Aqua had Mickey, but he didn't do much in either gameplay or cutscene, and the completed X-blade seemed much more powerful than the uncompleted version Vanitas had inside Ven's heart (and we can't really tell whether the Ven-Vanitas fight was fought with physical strength at all, because it was in Ven's heart -- I suspect it wasn't). She certainly seemed to have the tougher fight, from what we were shown, and she jumped into a tornado to save Ven right afterwards.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Why do these types of discussions always end up with "I think this person suffered more than this person for blah blah reasons"....honestly, it's like debating whether the chicken or the egg came first...

...but anyway, I feel like her being the most developed story/character from the trio also has a lot to do with it.

Crystal

Silver Member
You're forgetting Ven was fighting Vanitas from the inside all along and was the one who eventually smashed his own Heart.

I'm kind of annoyed when people arguing it was only Aqua who destroyed the freaking X-blade by ignoring the facts that Ven was actually also the one in fighting in his own Station of Awakening, destroy Vanitas thus making his heart injured.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
On The REAL topic:

I think it's both reasons why people like Aqua.

1. Her body

2. Her abilities.

I personally like her for being older than the other main females of the game and can fight for herself.

Kairi: 15 (Can fight kinda)
Xion: 14-15? (Can fight.)
Namine: 15 (Can she?)

I feel more in tuned with her, since I'm around her age.

Off Topic:

I'm kind of annoyed when people arguing it was only Aqua who destroyed the freaking X-blade by ignoring the facts that Ven was actually also the one in fighting in his own Station of Awakening, destroy Vanitas thus making his heart injured.

It's both that did that. Actually if you think about it, TVA did. Not just one, but all of them. In their own way, but they still got it done.

Crystal

Silver Member
It's both that did that. Actually if you think about it, TVA did. Not just one, but all of them. In their own way, but they still got it done.

Oh yeah. True. The power of WayFinder makes Aqua have to ability to fight back.

XehanortHeartles

I love Aqua to bad her character is going to be shitted on because he will have to be saved by Sora. Still there are ways I could find her beign in the saving list not shitting on her character:

1) If she knows the CoD, because then I wont consider it as saving, because basically she could have escaped she simply chose not to do it to avoid beign corrupted, is not that she couldnt have escaped if she had chose to do it.

2) If she found KH while in RoD, because basically that means that if she had chose she could have absorbed the power of the real thing and would have been able to wtfpwn Xehanort and escape RoD in a badass Chuck Norris style, she simply chose not to do it.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I love Aqua to bad her character is going to be shitted on because he will have to be saved by Sora.

About the only conclusion you reach from her needing saving is that she can't open a CoD to bust herself out of the RoD. In a sense it further develops her character since it means that unlike AtW, she didn't give in to the Darkness. Alternatively, it shows a weakness since she can't open up to the smallest chance of being saved by herself because of her zealous views, but weaknesses aren't bad, depending on how they're pulled off.

1) If she knows the CoD, because then I wont consider it as saving, because basically she could have escaped she simply chose not to do it to avoid beign corrupted, is not that she couldnt have escaped if she had chose to do it.

I don't think it's really that much of a choice. No one became corrupted by the Darkness like that because they really wanted to, besides maybe Xehanort. They just tripped.
And you're forgetting Aqua was ready to do worse than be corrupted by the Darkness - she was willing to let herself be swallowed by it, to fade into it. So really, choice has little to do here.

2) If she found KH while in RoD, because basically that means that if she had chose she could have absorbed the power of the real thing and would have been able to wtfpwn Xehanort and escape RoD in a badass Chuck Norris style, she simply chose not to do it.

ASSUMING she found KH, ASSUMING she KNEW HOW TO ABSORB IT, ASSUMING it's even POSSIBLE for someone who's a WHOLE PERSON...
That's a lot of assumptions just to get her to save face.

Crystal

Silver Member
By the way, in Blank Point, Aqua did shed tears, does it shows a sign of weakness?

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
By the way, in Blank Point, Aqua did shed tears, does it shows a sign of weakness?

I fail to see how being trapped in absolute hell with nothing but shadows for company (as far as we know at this point) for months or years on end, and then eventually breaking down when she is told that there is salvation for her and the world is a sign of weakness >.> It's already a miracle she didn't allow herself to be corrupted by darkness. She did come to close to allowing herself to fade into the darkness once, but really who can blame her in that circumstance?

Crystal

Silver Member
I fail to see how being trapped in absolute hell with nothing but shadows for company (as far as we know at this point) for months or years on end, and then eventually breaking down when she is told that there is salvation for her and the world is a sign of weakness >.> It's already a miracle she didn't allow herself to be corrupted by darkness. She did come to close to allowing herself to fade into the darkness once, but really who can blame her in that circumstance?

Oh.. I think she was getting tired in fighting those Heartless for moths or years xD
For a normal person, i think he/she already gone mad.
Is it possbile for her being influece by some darkness, since she had been stay in the RoD for long time?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Only she hasn't been there for years. Months at most, me thinks, which adds up with her not looking any different than she did in BBS itself.
And it's highly possible she was influenced even if she herself doesn't admit it. It took Sora quite a bit to admit the Darkness got to him too, and Aqua, who believes the Darkness is vile and filthy and evil, will need a lot more to admit she was influenced if she is.

Crystal

Silver Member
Only she hasn't been there for years. Months at most, me thinks, which adds up with her not looking any different than she did in BBS itself.

Oh yeah. It seems that she doesn't change .
If it for years, i think her hair should be longer xD

And it's highly possible she was influenced even if she herself doesn't admit it. It took Sora quite a bit to admit the Darkness got to him too, and Aqua, who believes the Darkness is vile and filthy and evil, will need a lot more to admit she was influenced if she is.

So, Aqua was same like her Master believe in absolute light?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
So, Aqua was same like her Master believe in absolute light?

Yes. Terra didn't seem to hold quite such strong faiths and wasn't overall as idealistic as Aqua and Eraqus. Ven didn't seem to care either way so long as he was with his friends. It's Aqua who was portrayed more as the teacher's pet, taking more after Eraqus's views.

XehanortHeartles

About the only conclusion you reach from her needing saving is that she can't open a CoD to bust herself out of the RoD. In a sense it further develops her character since it means that unlike AtW, she didn't give in to the Darkness. Alternatively, it shows a weakness since she can't open up to the smallest chance of being saved by herself because of her zealous views, but weaknesses aren't bad, depending on how they're pulled off.

As I said if she can escape but she chose not to use COD to avoid the consequences (corruption) I wont consider her character shitted on, but if she is an all purpose and end trapped in RoD wituout any chance of escaping needing Sora to carry her ass out of there I will consider her character shitted on, whichi will piss me off because I really like Aqua, she is possibly my fav.

ASSUMING she found KH, ASSUMING she KNEW HOW TO ABSORB IT, ASSUMING it's even POSSIBLE for someone who's a WHOLE PERSON...
That's a lot of assumptions just to get her to save face.

If a Nobody which technically is just a shell of that person's former self can do it, I am pretty sure a whole person can. XH who was a heartless also was doing it, the thing is that well beign a heartless his body wasnt durable enough to support the light energy of KH. I think everyone can absorb or wield KH and has been foreshadowed heavily, however what I am not so sure about is if everyone has the durability enough to house that energy. You know like the Heart of the Universe in Marvel, it granted you omnipotence second only to God, but if your will wasnt strong enough to wield it you are exterminated immediatly, a titan who is used to store massive cosmic energies already had lost its body while attempting to wield the heart and needed from pure will re-create its body.

Lol I havent noticed how similar Marvel's HOTU and KH is, haha I wouldnt be surprised if they were similar. Though HOTU was basically the power of God, while KH I am sure while a super power that could potentially grant someone control over reality (after all it was stated Xemnas would had been capable of re-creating the universe) I think it isnt the power supreme, but just a great ammount of power among possibly other sources that must exist.

For example it is stated that soul is an aspect along with heart and body, so I wouldnt be surprised if there is also a "soul of all souls" thing and "body of all bodies" thing.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
As I said if she can escape but she chose not to use COD to avoid the consequences (corruption) I wont consider her character shitted on, but if she is an all purpose and end trapped in RoD wituout any chance of escaping needing Sora to carry her ass out of there I will consider her character shitted on, whichi will piss me off because I really like Aqua, she is possibly my fav.

Or maybe she just didn't realize she could do it. She doesn't have to be all-aware like you suggest she will be. Hell, if they turned her into even MORE of an all-achieving Deus Ex Machina, pulling some "I'll stay here forever because I don't want no Darkness stains on me" I'll consider her character more shitted on. I don't mind her being weak so long as she eventually grows out of it, and she can do that without denying the Darkness actively or dooming herself for exile.

If a Nobody which technically is just a shell of that person's former self can do it, I am pretty sure a whole person can.

Xemnas being a Nobody is actually quite possibly what let him do it - he lacked a Heart. KH filled that void in him. Aqua wouldn't have that. Ven and Sora managed to bind their Hearts because Ven's Heart was fractured, too. Aqua and the RoD KH are - as far as we know - whole.
Even XH and MX managed to possess Riku and Terra once they became existences of only Hearts. This does mean that KH might 'possess' Aqua but going by past examples, more so than Aqua wielding KH, it'll be the other way around. Unless they Deus Ex Machina her to be able to control that thing which is again, imo, a fate much worse than her needing Sora to save her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back