• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is Aqua so popular?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronove

If you guys couldn't tell, I quoted the post that I quoted for a reason. I wasn't saying that she was only popular for her sex-appeal, just that it was an addition to what the other guy had said. And don't even try to pretend that her sex-appeal isn't a factor as to why she's popular, don't even try. I know loads of people into Kingdom Hearts, and I know that it's a pretty common thing within the male KH gamers to think that "Aqua is the hottest thing ever *fapfapfap*". I've seen the mods people have made that make Aqua have less clothes, or even naked.

Again, I wasn't saying that it was the ONLY reason, I was just saying all those things I said have definitely contributed to her popularity.

And my personal view on Aqua? She was an alright character I guess, she seemed a bit vanilla to me, but I know that I'm alone in that opinion. She was probably my least favourite among the BBS playable characters, but she wasn't a bad character by any means.

Well, my issue isn't that you brought up the fact that Aqua has physical assets, it's that the way you worded your initial post seemed to indicate that her assets were the main reason. Seriously, typing "it's no wonder she's so popular" after ranting about her assets really seems to indicate that you think her appearance is the main reason she's so popular. Which is troubling, because we're in a fanbase filled with male characters who get exactly the same treatment fanservice wise (and the fanfiction... oh god the fanfiction), yet their popularity is never attributed to their looks or shirtless scenes.

Anywho, I've noticed that on the people attributing Aqua's looks to her success are people that don't really like her in the first place. So I don't know how valid of an opinion that can really be.

Christhor

Well, my issue isn't that you brought up the fact that Aqua has physical assets, it's that the way you worded your initial post seemed to indicate that her assets were the main reason. Seriously, typing "it's no wonder she's so popular" after ranting about her assets really seems to indicate that you think her appearance is the main reason she's so popular. Which is troubling, because we're in a fanbase filled with male characters who get exactly the same treatment fanservice wise (and the fanfiction... oh god the fanfiction), yet their popularity is never attributed to their looks or shirtless scenes.

Anywho, I've noticed that on the people attributing Aqua's looks to her success are people that don't really like her in the first place. So I don't know how valid of an opinion that can really be.

Do you really think that someone like Axel would have been as popular if he looked like Saix? Nope, he would not, and then Roxas wouldn't be as popular either, due to the icky manlove going on. It's the same thing here, if Aqua was fat and her face looked like a money's arse, then she wouldn't be as popular either, would she? However, I did not say that it was only due to her physical appearance that she is so popular, my wording didn't even imply it. I said "Let's not forget" as in I included everything in the post I had quoted, added the appearance, and THEN said that because of all of that "it's no wonder she's so popular".

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Do you really think that someone like Axel would have been as popular if he looked like Saix? Nope, he would not, and then Roxas wouldn't be as popular either, due to the icky manlove going on. It's the same thing here, if Aqua was fat and her face looked like a money's arse, then she wouldn't be as popular either, would she? However, I did not say that it was only due to her physical appearance that she is so popular, my wording didn't even imply it. I said "Let's not forget" as in I included everything in the post I had quoted, added the appearance, and THEN said that because of all of that "it's no wonder she's so popular".

Maybe I'm just the minority, but I still would have loved Axel and Aqua the way I already do if they looked like that. Appearances don't really do anything for me.

Well, other than how Vaan looked in FFXII. God... Nightmares (>W<)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Can the boob talk NOW :\

Christhor

Maybe I'm just the minority, but I still would have loved Axel and Aqua the way I already do if they looked like that. Appearances don't really do anything for me.

Well, other than how Vaan looked in FFXII. God... Nightmares (>W<)

Of course, it's different from person to person, but for some, and a characters popularity is made up of all the people's different reasons of liking said character, the appearance is a factor. It's not for me personally, probably not for most, but I do actually know people who like characters just for their appearance.

Can the boob talk NOW :\

I'm not sure if you are talking to me in particular, or just the ones who are actively talking about just boobs, but... This thread is about why Aqua is popular, if they think that her boobs made her popular, then should that really not be allowed to talk about? It is on topic and all afterall.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm not sure if you are talking to me in particular, or just the ones who are actively talking about just boobs, but... This thread is about why Aqua is popular, if they think that her boobs made her popular, then should that really not be allowed to talk about? It is on topic and all afterall.

Everyone in fucking general. I don't care what your excuse is. No more boob talk.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Everyone in fucking general. I don't care what your excuse is. No more boob talk.

Bbbut T_T

Aqua's like uber kicking butt all over the place female and she's got that sort of mindset, like Eraqus, which really shows her flaws off well, and she does everything to save her friends Terra and Ven, and. .

BOOBIES.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Do you really think that someone like Axel would have been as popular if he looked like Saix? Nope, he would not, and then Roxas wouldn't be as popular either, due to the icky manlove going on.

Saix isn't the best example because he's a) rather good-looking in HQ cutscenes and b) constantly turned into either Xemnas' or Axel's lover in fandom. ;)

Though if there's one character in fandom who's popularity is entirely down to looks, it's Demyx. Guy gets, like, two scenes in all of KH2 and the fandom fell in love with him. xD Zexion might be another -- he gets more screentime than Demyx, but given how different fanon Zexion is from canon Zexion, it seems clear that fandom just likes him for the pretty. ;)

There's a lot more to Aqua than either of them, though, so implying that her looks are a major (if not the only) reason why she's popular gives looks more importance than they deserve. =/ Her determination and struggle between her love for her friends and her black-and-white morality are far more interesting and unique than looks could ever be in a medium that's filled to the brim with absurdly/overly-attractive women.

Vexdon

I like Aqua...mostly because once you get all her abilities and her level highenough she kicks major ass....time splitter technique anyone? As far as her losing credit because she needs to be saved....who the hell hasnt Sora saved at this point? And everyone should give kairi a break, not everybody is gonna be Sora, Riku and Mickey as far as combat

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't really like Aqua much. Maybe it is a combination of the stupid looking blue hair, bad voice actor and the completely moronic ddecision that she made at the end of BBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back