• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is Axel(Lea) crying + a little theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

cakito123

Awards
Hi everyone! :redface: This is my first thread ever created.

I'm not a Kingdom Heart expertise and all but I really wanted to talk about that specific scene that shows Axel spilling out a tear ;-;

The only reason I can see for Axel to cry is just thinking about his lost friends. He lost Roxas and also lost Xion. Due to events in Days, we know anyone remembers Xion, so...

My theory is just that - what if Axel is crying because Kairi actually reminded him of SOMEONE he lost? After all, Xion is a puppet with Sora's memories of Kairi. Maybe seeing the person who is the source of the creation of his dead friend actually brought him to tears?

Also, it got me thinking about how it would be cool if we got to play as Kairi having Lea as a partner. They could go on a journey trying to find out who is this person Axel misses so much and how he can start remembering her. They could even fight Saix somewhen in the process if we start thinking about it more and more.

What do you think and feel about that frame where Lea cries? Do you think it'll be important somehow or just something random that happens with not much importance (we have a lot of scenes like this in the franchise actually, so it's not impossible) ?

(english is not my first language so try to consider this in case I misspelled something or got the wrong word somewhere XD)

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
In one of the Orchestra concerts last year, they revealed a letter that Kairi writes to Sora during KH3. In it, she mentions how she reminds Lea of someone, but he can’t quite place who it is. This seems to reference Xion, so I think his memories of her may start coming forward the more time he spends with Kairi. This could certainly have something to do with why he is crying.

JustSnilloc

His crying works on a symbolic level too. As a nobody, he had teardrop tattoos on his cheeks - a substitute for the real thing, much like Axel himself. As a whole person, he no longer has those fake tears on his cheeks, in their stead we see real tears.

Wallflower3582

I actually wondered this myself at one point. It would make sense, since he's in the same place as we've seen him with Kairi in the other trailers, and if you think about his pose he looks kinda like he's leaning forward in the same way, so this could even be an extension of that scene. I also feel like the quotes from the KH Orchestra where Kairi says Axel will stare at her because she reminds him of someone is gonna be relevant to the plot of KH3. Plus Xion is on the new box art, so she's gotta be connected to the plot somehow. I think your idea of Kairi and Lea going on a journey together sounds amazing, i hadn't thought of it before, but it would be a great way to give both of those characters more of an important part in the plot than just playing the role of support in some of the battles.

I also wonder if the fact that they led the crying scene right into one of Roxas lifting his hood was supposed to mean we should assume that's what he's crying about, but the backgrounds are different, so they have to be different scenes entirely. I feel like your idea makes more sense.

cakito123

Awards
In one of the Orchestra concerts last year, they revealed a letter that Kairi writes to Sora during KH3. In it, she mentions how she reminds Lea of someone, but he can’t quite place who it is. This seems to reference Xion, so I think his memories of her may start coming forward the more time he spends with Kairi. This could certainly have something to do with why he is crying.

Absolutely.
If anything, Nomura did choose to make Lea and Kairi partners just for him to remember Xion. I always thought those 2 weren't exactly characters that would get along eventually if it weren't for plot reasons haha. Not saying it won't be fun, it probably will be a lot of fun seeing them together. But I don't think that was really planned out when they were creating Xion and her death.

His crying works on a symbolic level too. As a nobody, he had teardrop tattoos on his cheeks - a substitute for the real thing, much like Axel himself. As a whole person, he no longer has those fake tears on his cheeks, in their stead we see real tears.

Whoa, I didn't realize the teardrop tattoos were gone until now haha!! Yeah that makes perfect sense.

I actually wondered this myself at one point. It would make sense, since he's in the same place as we've seen him with Kairi in the other trailers, and if you think about his pose he looks kinda like he's leaning forward in the same way, so this could even be an extension of that scene. I also feel like the quotes from the KH Orchestra where Kairi says Axel will stare at her because she reminds him of someone is gonna be relevant to the plot of KH3. Plus Xion is on the new box art, so she's gotta be connected to the plot somehow. I think your idea of Kairi and Lea going on a journey together sounds amazing, i hadn't thought of it before, but it would be a great way to give both of those characters more of an important part in the plot than just playing the role of support in some of the battles.

I also wonder if the fact that they led the crying scene right into one of Roxas lifting his hood was supposed to mean we should assume that's what he's crying about, but the backgrounds are different, so they have to be different scenes entirely. I feel like your idea makes more sense.

Yeah, iirc, Nomura stated that Axel and Kairi were going to appear throughout the game in thei own scenes, like a "While that..." sections, y'know? I don't know if they being playable will be a thing since he said that, but it would be cool nonetheless, and a much more climatic approach then making Sora find out all by himself.

I really feel like some characters shouldn't be saved by Sora or it will suck: Xion, Ventus, and Terra specifically.

Axel and Kairi would make much much more sense since Xion is part-kairi and have Axel as one of her best friends.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Remember in KINGDOM II Final Mix? When you defeat Roxas in the City that Never was? You see a conversation with him and Axel, atop the clocktower? They were both dying and were saying their last goodbyes. Well, what if this time, the same is happening with Lea and Isa? And this scene is after whatever point in time someone defeats Saix in combat, he reverts to Isa, and dies? What if Lea hasn't died, but his heart met with Isa to give closure to this arc?

Nukara

Awards
Absolutely.
If anything, Nomura did choose to make Lea and Kairi partners just for him to remember Xion. I always thought those 2 weren't exactly characters that would get along eventually if it weren't for plot reasons haha. Not saying it won't be fun, it probably will be a lot of fun seeing them together. But I don't think that was really planned out when they were creating Xion and her death.

Whoa, I didn't realize the teardrop tattoos were gone until now haha!! Yeah that makes perfect sense.

Yeah, iirc, Nomura stated that Axel and Kairi were going to appear throughout the game in thei own scenes, like a "While that..." sections, y'know? I don't know if they being playable will be a thing since he said that, but it would be cool nonetheless, and a much more climatic approach then making Sora find out all by himself.

I really feel like some characters shouldn't be saved by Sora or it will suck: Xion, Ventus, and Terra specifically.

Axel and Kairi would make much much more sense since Xion is part-kairi and have Axel as one of her best friends.

Xion is created from the memories of Kairi but it does not make her Kairi.
She is still a different person and has an excellent character.
And why Ven can not be saved?
He was already lying for 10 years, it would be foolish to kill him.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
And one of the mystery lines from the Memorial leaflet was "Please don't hold back, Lea." Presumably said by Kairi since it's what Xion said to Axel before they fought in Days.

I want Kairi saying this to be what triggers the waterworks.

cakito123

Awards
Xion is created from the memories of Kairi but it does not make her Kairi.
She is still a different person and has an excellent character.
And why Ven can not be saved?
He was already lying for 10 years, it would be foolish to kill him.

Oh sorry, that's not what I meant aha, I just said I think it would suck if it is Sora who gets to save these specific characters in the end.

Xion is still very close to Kairi in terms of personality, it just changes up a bit because she is how Sora remembers her. But still - Kairi and Xion are still very close to each other nonetheless.

Xelruna

This whole thread has me in tears. I also absolutely think Lea crying because he's remembering Xion, even if faintly. The sentimental part of me wants it to be not only because of Kairi's appearance, but also because of a friendship that they form that reminds him what he once had and can never seem to keep -- with Xion, with Roxas, with Isa. (Although I know plenty of people don't support/don't see any reason for them forming a bond -- which I understand since Axel kinda, uh, kidnapped her. Still, I want them to reconcile and grow close ;w; )

Anyway, once KH3 is out and I get to that scene, I will also be crying with Lea. A lot. ;w;

sephydark

Awards
Perhaps if Kairi does things that remind Axel of Xion that will be the catalyst for them remembering that she exists and being able to save her. I'd really like to see the Axel and Kairi team being instrumental in bringing her back, and perhaps Kairi and Xion can become friends or help each other somehow.

And yeah, if Axel and Kairi are going to be working together in this game I really want them to become friends. Kairi could do with some relationships outside Sora and Riku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back