• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► Why is Scala ad Caelum abandoned?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
If Xehanort meant those cities that we see on the horizon, why did they end up empty? What made keyblade wielders leave them? Didn't Xehanort say that Scala ad Caelum is almost the home of all keyblade users? Then why is even the city where Eraqus lives with his friends also half empty? What is your opinion on this?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It probably isn't half-empty, though. Like, for example we know Destiny Islands isn't empty even though we never see anybody else besides like...Selphie, Tidus, and Wakka.

The other towns, sure, but not the main island of Scala.

GreyouTT

Awards
Maybe Scala is also still regenerating? Or it's only just finished (compared to others, not literally) and there's not a lot of people to fill all the structures yet.

zander1995

Awards
My personal theory is that Scala ad Caelum is a world unlike any other. I think each city is a representation of each world that was reborn after the keyblade war, which leaves them empty, while the central city is unique and home to keyblade wielders because it's made of the remains of Daybreak Town.

I'm not sure if I explained that well, though.

Noivern

Awards
I think It was a way to show that Scala is an ancient world that has gone through multiple generations of Keyblade Wielders and it's population changed greatly through it all, until eventually only the main land remained.

I personally believe Land of Departure is Scala as well, either being a distant part of it (from across the ocean) or a revised version of the world after Eraqus inherited the Keyhole, and the smaller scale is because there's less people living there now.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Besides Keyblade wielders dying out, I don't think the remaining ones have much obligation to stay there after achieving the Mark of Mastery.

That being said, we're meant to assume the main island is supposed to be well populated, with far more than just 1 master and 14 apprentices.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Probably wont happen but I like the idea of non Keyblade wielders also being residents of Scala ad Caelum. They could just be ordinary bakers(there were posters of pies and milk) and shopkeepers.

Flinkon15th

Probably wont happen but I like the idea of non Keyblade wielders also being residents of Scala ad Caelum. They could just be ordinary bakers(there were posters of pies and milk) and shopkeepers.

Imma push this to the limit so give me a sec.

Is hunting and defeating heartless a source of income? Is it hourly based or commission based? Are there desk jobs? Financial advisers? Bankers? Insurance agents? Is there life insurance, or heart insurance? How many identity scams are there? "Hey Grandma, it's Tom's Nobody, I need 90,000 Munny and fast." Is Munny a universal currency for all worlds, or just between Keyblade wielders and Moogles? Are there 'no magic' zones? Do they use locks on their doors, or find them useless? Are Keyblade welders like elite, or do they live all together, or do they have to hide their powers from the public? Is Scala a place where keyblade welders would end up, or are there families there that raised kids to be keyblade wielders? Is the bequeathing ceremony like a family tradition? Are there 'pureblood' Keyblade families? Do the regular people know about the history of the worlds, Keyblade War and all? Do the regular people still study physics and chemistry, or do they just disregard them because of Keyblades? Was there Keyblade science back then? Did someone try to synthesize a keyblade? Did someone try to artificially transfer a keyblade to their heart? Would that create a dark Keyblade?

Okay I'm done

Eonstar890

Awards
Imma push this to the limit so give me a sec.

Is hunting and defeating heartless a source of income? Is it hourly based or commission based? Are there desk jobs? Financial advisers? Bankers? Insurance agents? Is there life insurance, or heart insurance? How many identity scams are there? "Hey Grandma, it's Tom's Nobody, I need 90,000 Munny and fast." Is Munny a universal currency for all worlds, or just between Keyblade wielders and Moogles? Are there 'no magic' zones? Do they use locks on their doors, or find them useless? Are Keyblade welders like elite, or do they live all together, or do they have to hide their powers from the public? Is Scala a place where keyblade welders would end up, or are there families there that raised kids to be keyblade wielders? Is the bequeathing ceremony like a family tradition? Are there 'pureblood' Keyblade families? Do the regular people know about the history of the worlds, Keyblade War and all? Do the regular people still study physics and chemistry, or do they just disregard them because of Keyblades? Was there Keyblade science back then? Did someone try to synthesize a keyblade? Did someone try to artificially transfer a keyblade to their heart? Would that create a dark Keyblade?

Okay I'm done

The world building I wish Kingdom Hearts had the time/money/patience/bandwidth for 😪

Logically there has to be SOME non wielders there or at least wielders who's main focus is not fighting or protecting related. I mean people got eat and food has to come form somewhere, but I could see there being "farmer keyblade wielders" who use keyblade transformations to use hoes or scythes or other barn equipment lol. But with the amount of material that needs to be covered as is I highly doubt square will ever delve into the agricultural logistics of Scala ad Caelum

zander1995

Awards
Like any other world in the series, I'm pretty sure we can safely say there are people who live there, they're just unimportant so they're never explicitly shown.

KH3 was really the first game in the series to have the people of the world actually out and about beyond a handful of NPCs. Pretty much every game prior we just had to assume people lived there despite there only being like five named characters per world.

D

Deleted member 252753

Is Scala a place where keyblade welders would end up, or are there families there that raised kids to be keyblade wielders?
It would seem that Xehanort is the only one of his classmates to have been to other worlds (Bragi says so before they leave Scala) so I guess the others were born and raised in Scala itself.

Back