• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is the Lingering Sentiment still in the Keyblade Graveyard?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolands

Any ideas? Any at all? He's still conscious, he still has at least a little intelligence and may have all of it. He can still use his Keyblade Glider. He has strong incentive to leave. Why doesn't he?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I don't think LS has much of a mind of its own. It's more of a collection of negative emotions that acts on impulse rather than with any foresight. The reason it attacked Sora was because it thought he was Xehanort and it took a while for it to sink in that he wasn't.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Yeah, I don't actually think it's alive. It's tied to Terra's emotions and impulses, but I think it's more like a ghost.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Yeah, it seems LW is made of up of all the Terra's memories (at least those mostly associated with MX but he was at least able to recognize that Sora wasn't the keyblade bearer he chose so it's not JUST MX-related memories) but he himself doesn't have a mind of his own to think and go out of KG and do his own thing.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
He might have been animated by Terra's thoughts and emotions (namely hatred) toward Xehanort, but yes, thoughts of others were still present within him. I can't remember clearly, but didn't he recognise Ventus within Sora after the battle had ended? Also, in BbS, he mentioned something about getting things right again, and that was addressed to Ventus and Aqua.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
He might have been animated by Terra's thoughts and emotions (namely hatred) toward Xehanort, but yes, thoughts of others were still present within him. I can't remember clearly, but didn't he recognise Ventus within Sora after the battle had ended? Also, in BbS, he mentioned something about getting things right again, and that was addressed to Ventus and Aqua.

Yeah, at the end of his story, there was a section where you heard Terra's voice saying that he was going to set things right.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
It's all in the name. It's a Lingering Sentiment/Will. It's his will in the moment of that final battle, and we see it lie dormant both after Xehanort disappears and after Sora defeats it.

It only animates in response to proper stimuli, namely things that resonate with Terra's sentiments during the final clash with Xehanort.

Gram

Banned
Awards
but didn't he recognise Ventus within Sora after the battle had ended?

Yep he did, though I dont have the translation from the game we got nomura saying he did:

BBS ultimania said:
Q13: What is the true form of Lingering Sentiment?
A: After Terra lost his body, his thoughts gathered into his armor.

At the end of Terra’s scenario, Master Xehanort had commandeered his body, so his thoughts took control of his armor. Afterward, the armor stayed in the keyblade graveyard, until KHII FM where “Lingering Sentiment” went against Sora. Because he saw that it was not his chosen one Riku using a keyblade, but Sora, he grew suspicious and thought he had something to do with Master Xehanort and attacked him.

After fighting him, LS says this because he feels Ventus inside of Sora.

It attacked Sora because it suspected Xehanort but stopped because it sensed Ventus.

As for topic of why it stayed there for well over a decade, well I'd only be repeating what everyone else has done said.
It's made from lingering thoughts, it's an extension of Terra's mind, but lacks a true one of it's own. Think of it like remote control, it acted in Terra's place when terra himself could not and with the motive for it's existence no longer in sight (the moment Terranort was swept away to Radiant garden) it did the only thing left for it to do, wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back