• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is there a chosen one?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

twilight blade13

I'm probably wrong, but I assumed it was his and Xion's keyblades. Afterall, they can both wield the kingdom key at the same time. Her's was implied to be fake, though, so... I'm not sure. Ven never had a KK, though, so it makes since that it was Xion's keychain, I think...

The way I understand it is that Roxas didn't get her keyblade (as it was fake) but gained her ability to wield a keyblade. Even if the keyblade was fake she still needed the power to summon and use it (which she got from Sora).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Was it not confirmed that Roxas gained Ventus' Keyblade through some means? Why would Roxas switch out his Keyblade for Ven's? Though Riku remembering Xion for a short period of time should imply that Oblivion was her Keyblade. I can't tell if this is a plot hole or a lack of understanding :/

It was confirmed. The second keyblade is Ven's. It was activated when Xion disappeared due to Roxas's emotional breakdown which somehow allowed him to fully reach into Ven's crippled heart.
There was no "switching" and Roxas never had an own keyblade, he was using Sora's all time when single wielding and Sora's and Ven's combined when dual-wielding.

Xion's "keyblade" was a sham, a fake, confirmed by Riku.

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
Right Right! Thanks heaps for your help. That really does make sense. However another question has formed from that. How does Riku gain his keyblade? His keyblade (originally soul eater) is not the keyblade from the realm of darkness? So why did it choose him? Also I can't remember exactly but doesn't that keyblade first appear in KH:COM without explanation of how he got it??

No, Riku used SE when fighting Beast in HB. It is implied in Coded that Ansem SoD may have given him it after Sora was sent flying toward Traverse Town. But, I don't know whether it was confirmed or not :/

twilight blade13

the journal is wrong completely

the KK didnt leave Riku because his heart went to darkness, the KK left him because his heart got weaker not because of darkness. MX shows with his skill wif the keyblade that light and darkness have NOTHING to do with wielding the keyblade. its how strong ur heart is. riku in kh1 the KK left him because he started giving up on his heart

"your heart? what can that weak little thing do to for you anyway"

But the KK is the keyblade from the realm of light therefore it had chosen riku cause he had the strongest heart and was a member of the light however hen he accepted the darkness and it sensed sora's light it went to sora cause again it is the keyblade from the realm of light. Also MX keyblade's was not from the realm of light.

twilight blade13

No, Riku used SE when fighting Beast in HB. It is implied in Coded that Ansem SoD may have given him it after Sora was sent flying toward Traverse Town. But, I don't know whether it was confirmed or not :/

Okay that makes sense and Ruran said that SE is a sword not a keyblade. But does that mean The Road to Dawn is a keyblade and is the keyblade of the twilight Realm which was given to riku as he chose to walk the middle path "road to dawn"

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

In fact, Soul Eater was given to Riku by Maleficent.

Also what's this with "the keyblade of the realm of light/darkness"?
There isn't only one, there exist as many as there are qualified hearts.

In fact, we have four "types" of keyblades:
Keyblades of the Realm of Light
Keyblades of the Realm of Darkness
Keyblades of Hearts
The X-blade => special category

The first two types are totally identical except for the realm they originate from while the third type is the dark keyblade we see in KH1.

Now, as far as the series goes, every keyblade except the Kingdom Key D (which is a RoD-keyblade), Keyblade of People's hearts (KH1 dark keyblade, type 3) and the X-blade is a Keyblade of the Realm of Light.

Dawn Rebirth

It was confirmed. The second keyblade is Ven's. It was activated when Xion disappeared due to Roxas's emotional breakdown which somehow allowed him to fully reach into Ven's crippled heart.
There was no "switching" and Roxas never had an own keyblade, he was using Sora's all time when single wielding and Sora's and Ven's combined when dual-wielding.

Xion's "keyblade" was a sham, a fake, confirmed by Riku.

I know, Roxas' Keyblade is Sora's Keyblade. I was following something that could or could not be true with a question. If Roxas is using Sora's Keyblade and Ventus', then why does Riku remember Xion when he grabs Oblivion? I don't think it was confirmed whose Keyblade turned into which of Roxas' Keyblades that he used to confront Riku and Axel later on.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Okay that makes sense and Ruran said that SE is a sword not a keyblade. But does that mean The Road to Dawn is a keyblade and is the keyblade of the twilight Realm which was given to riku as he chose to walk the middle path "road to dawn"

Way to Dawn, and yes, it is a Keyblade. There isn't a Keyblade for the Realm of In-between, WtD represents Riku's alliance with Light and Darkness.

twilight blade13

I know, Roxas' Keyblade is Sora's Keyblade. I was following something that could or could not be true with a question. If Roxas is using Sora's Keyblade and Ventus', then why does Riku remember Xion when he grabs Oblivion? I don't think it was confirmed whose Keyblade turned into which of Roxas' Keyblades that he used to confront Riku and Axel later on.

Xion is connected to sora and therefore Ven. Her appearance changes depending of the person's connection to Sora and to Xigbar and Xemnas she appeared as Ven. My point is Xion is connected to ven. We also have established that the second keyblade Roxas can use is Ven's keyblade which im going to have to assume takes the from of Oblivion. Therefore when Riku grabs the Oblivion Keyblade (Ven's Keyblade) he remembers Xion as she is connected to Ven.

Way to Dawn, and yes, it is a Keyblade. There isn't a Keyblade for the Realm of In-between, WtD represents Riku's alliance with Light and Darkness.

So its a keyblade of the realm of light but it represents Riku's chosen alliance with Light and Darkness is that correct?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruran

Awards
So its a keyblade of the realm of light but it represents Riku's chosen alliance with Light and Darkness is that correct?

Yep. Check post #40, I put up a quote that explains things. ;)
Also, for future reference, double posting is against the rules.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

That has nothing to do with it being Xion's keyblade but with the connections between Riku, Sora, Roxas and Xion through the keyblade.
Xion was absorbed by Roxas but retained a faint slimmer of presence inside Roxas (she wasn't fully asleep yet) and Roxas throwing Oblivion to Riku actually made the connection possible.
The Oblivion is most likely Sora's keyblade at the core while the Oathkeeper is Ven's.
As Xion was born from Sora's memories at the core and the meaning of the Oblivion has also to do with memories she was able to sent a last message through the connection to Riku.

I admit the part is a bit iffy, but that is mainly due to the fact that this was an actual retcon to bring Xion into a scene where she normally had no place in.

twilight blade13

Keyblades of Hearts

The first two types are totally identical except for the realm they originate from while the third type is the dark keyblade we see in KH1.

Now, as far as the series goes, every keyblade except the Kingdom Key D (which is a RoD-keyblade), Keyblade of People's hearts (KH1 dark keyblade, type 3) and the X-blade is a Keyblade of the Realm of Light.

Yeah your completely right but then that takes me back to my very first question. Why dont two keyblades appear - one for sora and one for riku? Unless maybe the KK is like the leader or the official keyblade of the realm of light well what do u think then?

Also though we havent been told what type of keyblade is MX I very much doubt its from the realm of light.

@ Ruran - Thanks and sorry for that. My mistake ;)

Dawn Rebirth

Keyblades of Hearts

Personally, I believe it's some people who haven't learned certain facts. The darkness weakened Riku's heart, but darkness and/or light does not have any influence on person's ability to weild a Keyblade. Only the strength of a person's heart is the deciding factor. BtW, the Death-Blade isn't a Keyblade. It's something else.

But does that mean The Road to Dawn is a keyblade and is the keyblade of the twilight Realm which was given to riku as he chose to walk the middle path "road to dawn"

As Sephy stated, there is/are no Keyblade(s) to the Realm of Twilight. If I recall correctly, a Keychain represents memory. Memory can be of both light or dark, but neither dawn nor twilight. HO seems to be a Keyblade made from a person's heart, in this case 6 hearts (Minusing Kairi's, which was not present at the time of it's creation). These do not seem to possess Keychains, yet this does not mean that they aren't Keyblades. As for SE, perhaps any weapon can, with the right given circumstances, turn into a Keyblade. Though that, is something I'm not entirely sure on.

Ruran

Awards
Yeah your completely right but then that takes me back to my very first question. Why dont two keyblades appear - one for sora and one for riku? Unless maybe the KK is like the leader or the official keyblade of the realm of light well what do u think then?

Also though we havent been told what type of keyblade is MX I very much doubt its from the realm of light.

Well I explained already; not everyone gets a Keyblade at the same time. Riku was chosen first, Sora second after Riku lost ownership of the KK, then Riku had to wait a while for another to choose him.

I'm pretty MX's is from the RoL. With the exception of the KK, Keyblades usually represent their wielders.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Why the heck should two keyblades appear then? Only Riku had an inheritance ceremony and was slated to be chosen by a keyblade eventually.
He let his heart become weaker and therefore the keyblade meant for him deemed him as unworthy to wield yet.
If Sora didn't have touched Riku's light right there and then the KK might just have remained dormant, waiting until Riku's heart would become strong enough to be able to wield again.

Sora did touch Riku's heart tough and the KK deemed Sora's heart worthy enough to wield without a ceremony. A rare occurrence but it can happen.
Not to mention Sora's heart is incredible strong, so strong it can keep a badly injured heart alive over 10 years, which the KK most likely recognized and therefore went to him.

Watanuki-kun

Website
www.fanfiction.net
That's partly wrong. Ven's Heart only help Sora wield two keyblades

Really? I thought it was an ability Keyblade master learn to used O.O

But still there's no chosen one, although in every game there is one and that just take all the fun from the game. Riku was supoose to be the hero, then again he was sedcue by the darkness and then the keyblade found the next light closer nearby. That's how Sora got the keyblade, or is it totally diffrenet because of the Ven case?
Man, that's why I hate plot twists! T.T

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

But still there's no chosen one, although in every game there is one and that just take all the fun from the game. Riku was supoose to be the hero, then again he was sedcue by the darkness and then the keyblade found the next light closer nearby. That's how Sora got the keyblade, or is it totally diffrenet because of the Ven case?

Nomura has confirmed that Ven being in Sora's heart had nothing to do with him receiving the Keyblade after it did not go to Riku.

Dawn Rebirth

That has nothing to do with it being Xion's keyblade but with the connections between Riku, Sora, Roxas and Xion through the keyblade.
Xion was absorbed by Roxas but retained a faint slimmer of presence inside Roxas (she wasn't fully asleep yet) and Roxas throwing Oblivion to Riku actually made the connection possible.
The Oblivion is most likely Sora's keyblade at the core while the Oathkeeper is Ven's.
As Xion was born from Sora's memories at the core and the meaning of the Oblivion has also to do with memories she was able to sent a last message through the connection to Riku.

I admit the part is a bit iffy, but that is mainly due to the fact that this was an actual retcon to bring Xion into a scene where she normally had no place in.

Wasn't sure if that was it or not. Thanks.

Probably because the two heart weren't equally strong. As for if KK can be the leader or offical Keyblade of RoL, it would make sense to say if you're in the RoL when your recieve your Keyblade you would then recieve KK. As well if you recieve your Keyblade in RoD you would be given a KK D. So, if that were true it would lean more to KK being the offical Keyblade of the RoL.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

He got the Keyblade because it pick him, not because of Ven. Ven's heart only awaken his dual weilding skill, same with Roxas. But the whole Xion thing is a retcon and that I agree on.

Edit: ninja'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back