• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Kairi Isn't Useless - A Video Essay I Made

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Oh, man... I am so not confident in posting this here. Hahaha. But I made this because I feel like the hate for her has gotten a little out of hand lately (like, it's always been pretty bad. But lately I've seen a lot a lot of it... which is kind of weird in our year of radio silence).

And I just thought I'd share it here, for anyone who might be interested in it and agree.

Yeah...

Hope this video finds you all well... or something. ^_^'

Zetta slow

Awards
Good video! I don’t think Kairi is useless, I just kinda wish her character and story didn’t revolve around other characters. She’s pretty damn powerful though!

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
@Sanctuary Aww! Thank you so much!:)

And I definitely agree with that. I think that's the main issue with Kairi... and how I wish she'd get her own game, that I think would deal with some of those issues (that I just made a video about today, coincidentally). Maybe in the future... -fingers crossed-

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I agree that she's not useless. I still think Kairi has a lot of potential. Kairi's main problem isn't that she's not capable of doing anything, it's that the story will rather bend over backwards than include her or let her do anything.
The games also don't do a good job of showing us when she does do something, it often shows it in a way that makes it ambiguous wither Kairi did it or wither Sora's strong feeling for Kairi did it. I think that's a big factor in why people are growing impatient with her, that and she's been sidelined for nearly 20 years.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
I agree that she's not useless. I still think Kairi has a lot of potential. Kairi's main problem isn't that she's not capable of doing anything, it's that the story will rather bend over backwards than include her or let her do anything.
The games also don't do a good job of showing us when she does do something, it often shows it in a way that makes it ambiguous wither Kairi did it or wither Sora's strong feeling for Kairi did it. I think that's a big factor in why people are growing impatient with her, that and she's been sidelined for nearly 20 years.
I completely agree with everything. Which is why she really needs her own game (not Melody of Memory) to fix a lot of these issues, but alas.

But we'll see what the future holds...

Back