• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ Won't Come To America

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omegas Squared

the reason is quite simple. The voice actor for Sora has matured too much and cannot voice sora in re:chain of memories. In order for it to come they would have to: use computer editing to change his voice, have him try to change his voice(disastrous results), or hire a new voice actor.

T

TWDIS

lol then they could have just made KH2FM come to american and not RE:COM so I dont think thats the case.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
It's not that Sora's American voice actor got older, it's just that the all versions of Kingdom Hearts II had more features than the Japanese version did. Sora's voice actor is only 20. There are people in their 80s who do voice acting (*coughChristopherLeecough*). Haley Joel Osment voiced Sora in the KH2: FM+. Miyu Irino, the man who voiced Sora in the Japanese versions of the KH series, voiced Sora in Re:CoM and he is the same age as Haley Joel Osment.

And why did you double-thread?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Uh, not really. If SE really wanted to, they could have gotten another VA. Their reasons for not releasing it here, are, well...dig around. I've posted about the subject several times. -__- Way too many to be honest.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Why did you make two threads?
Also I think he could do the voice since it was in KH2, with the flashbacks

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
It's not that Sora's American voice actor got older, it's just that the all versions of Kingdom Hearts II had more features than the Japanese version did.

Actually that's incorrect. You're thinking of KH1, wherein the US release had 4 extra bosses, 2 keyblades, etc. added to our version of the game

However, when KH2 rolled around the versions were almost identical, save for a few things working on the JPN copy's favor. For one, the US version was censored in several points in the game, nothing too bad, but still. And secondly, not a lot of people seem to know this, Nomura actually had Hand-Written notes on almost every page of the Jiminy Journal in the Japanese version of KH2, that were a quirky feature supposed to have been Sora's handwritten 'edits' to Jiminy's notebook with his own comments and thoughts about whatever the page was talking about. This was completely removed from the US version of the game, possibly because they didn't want to go through the trouble of trying to mimic the handwriting?

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
the reason is quite simple. The voice actor for Sora has matured too much and cannot voice sora in re:chain of memories. In order for it to come they would have to: use computer editing to change his voice, have him try to change his voice(disastrous results), or hire a new voice actor.
that seriously made me lol! there are way too many threads of this subject

soraworldseen

Website
ethnic5kh.diaryland.com
Well, first off there are way too many of these posts. Secondly, SE can do what they want to do, when they want to do it. If they wanted to get a different voice actor, they could've. Look as Aerith...although that's a bad example....but still. They just didn't see the need at the time. But you never know, they might still release it, when the Kh series is over.......

Near987

are u kidding? this is the REAL reason why they wont bring KH2:FM to america? wow...i thought it was something ALOT more complicated

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
are u kidding? this is the REAL reason why they wont bring KH2:FM to america? wow...i thought it was something ALOT more complicated

Did you by any chance read the rest of the thread?

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
could of said it then cause anythings better than what he had to say...
and who cares anymore they said its not coming so GET OVER IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back