• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Why Kingdom Hearts II is one of the greatest games ever made"- Gamesradar

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
There's really no point in posting these things, even if it is it should be posted in the Kingdom Hearts Section

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
...But once Kingdom Hearts released in 2002, this concept proved to be remarkably fruitful for fans of both parties. The pairing turned out to be absolutely wonderful and – dare we say – magical.

The combat was a little bit sloppy, the story wasn’t up to Square’s high standards, and the means of traveling between the different Disney worlds, called the “Gummi Ship,” was a flawed game mechanic that took away more than it added. These problems and more were completely solved when Kingdom Hearts II came out, just four years later, fixing all of the our gripes while expanding Kingdom Hearts from an adorable mash-up into its own, remarkable series, earning it a spot on our list of the 100 best games ever.

What?!
KH2's combat system is known for becoming way too easy and ruining what KH1 had established.
KH2 is the first title in KH that started to "convolute" the story. KH1 was much better written.
Gummi Ship is the only thing I agree with here.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
What I find more funny about this is that regardless which topic an article about Kingdom Hearts has, you have almost always the same old debates and rantings inside the comments in some variations, especially with the morons dismissing the handheld titles as unimportant and "home-console"-whining. *ggg*

More hilarious than any article. Although I do appreciate that there is finally some more "official" stuff that tries to appreciate stuff instead of bashing it.

Key Wielder

Awards
And thus we begin the same argument over why KH2 is a terrible game that began a downward spiral versus how it is one of the best in the series. xD In any case, I always enjoyed it and it's nice to see the game get some praise. Nice find! (Although yes, it should be in the other Kingdom Hearts section, I believe.)

State

Awards
No, please, no. KINGDOM HEARTS II's suckness has been discussed and rebutted to death, let's just stop kicking the fallen, everyone. '_'

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
After reading this thing in it's entirety, I can understand what they're going with.
I mean, KH2 pretty much changed what Kingdom Hearts would be like for all the future Kingdom Hearts games and forever changed what we would think when it came to KH1 and COM. And KH2 DID improve a lot on KH1's faults such as the camera and the combat (it may have been a lot easier, but it was a lot more fun to play)
The one thing I did want to complain about was "spawned 5 portable spin-offs" >_>

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
After reading this thing in it's entirety, I can understand what they're going with.
I mean, KH2 pretty much changed what Kingdom Hearts would be like for all the future Kingdom Hearts games and forever changed what we would think when it came to KH1 and COM. And KH2 DID improve a lot on KH1's faults such as the camera and the combat (it may have been a lot easier, but it was a lot more fun to play)
The one thing I did want to complain about was "spawned 5 portable spin-offs" >_>

People need to learn what spinoff means.

Days,and coded are side games.

COM,BBS,and,3D are main games.

Mobile, and V-cast are spinoffs.

doortolight

Awards
"why kingdom hearts II is one of the greatest games ever made"

simple because its a kingdom hearts game, and part of the 7 way tie for 1st place in my book (haven't even payed ddd yet, but its still part of the tie!!!)

Last edited:

Mr Yippie

These problems and more were completely solved when Kingdom Hearts II came out

ZonE1.gif

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Feels good to see KHII getting some praise. I would disagree that it necessarily improved upon those aspects of the first game which the article mentioned, but it definitely shed the series in a different light and provided the catalyst for the ongoing story as we know it now. It kind of cemented the world mythology and character concepts that the first game (and CoM) introduced; it's probably the most memorable of the KH titles for that reason and I can see why they chose it over KH1.

All in all, it was nice to read a piece about the games (and this one in particular) that doesn't sound overtly bitter or reactionary.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
The entire article is basically "KH2 is awesome because it is". I know what they're trying to get at here, KH2 was a bold sequel that took a lot of risks, even more than the first game, and for better or for worst introduced concepts that would be more deeply embedded into the mythos. KH1 wasn't so much "sloppy" as it brought in concepts and didn't explained them much so in a way KH1 was more confusing. KH2 brought in more concepts, vaguely explained some of them without explaining concepts previously established in KH2 making it look more complicated.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Enjoyed it, better camera controls... but was too easy in combat system and Jiminy's journal... the horror...

Still fun game... replaying it for LP. :3

misssheep

> Calls KH2 great and awesome

> Marks it extremely low on the top 100 list.

uh-huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back